Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you support a change in the way bases work?
Poll ended at Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:33 pm
Yes, add base stasis generators and also a more restictive cap to the number of bases ownable. 24%  24%  [ 12 ]
No, leave it as-is. 76%  76%  [ 37 ]
Total votes : 49

Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Change to bases?
Ok, here's an idea I've been thinking about for a while for a number of reasons. I'm thinking about making bases so that they enter into stasis just like ships. Attached bases that get put into stasis would become unattached so that it's still possible to take someone's planet, and a system could be owned if all opponent bases are in stasis.

But because I *really* do not want the universe to become littered with basically unkillable bases all over the place, this change would have to go in simultaneously with a severe base cap of 3 bases for your first character, 2 for your second, and 1 for your third character on the account. The tech of all bases would be limited by level and skill in Station Management, so with high enough level and SM 20 on 3 alts, your account could have 6 t20 bases total.

Of course, this would mean the end to base-capping, I think, unless we wanted to make bases that are killed with radiation go into radiation death instead of stasis?

The reasons I think this would be good is that people wouldn't be losing their 25 billion credit bases either to accidents or wars. This cuts down on frustration factor and also maybe would make PvP more fun and less of a lose-lose proposition.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

Sounds kinda iffy to me, would mean ppl wouldnt bother too much spending bil's augging and making uber gear for the bases. The bases 'fall' off of the planet, so, if i 'cap' or reactivate my station...does it go back onto the planet? does it stay as an unnatthed base and i need to rebuild the base on the planet again, if so....seems pretty pointless, as, if i had augged it, the augs would be a waste.

I think the idea of 3 first char, 2 then one is horrible, as galaxies have several commods on the planets, the only way that you could get all these commods is by sharing gals with team mates, which then in turn lowers team points for the little teams, and basically pumps it for the big teams, also it would be a way to get ppl to pay for 2+ acc.

Personally, bases need a re-working, but not like this. read Suggestions, there are alot of things ppl suggest..and they get ignored and not responded to.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:03 pm
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

The number of base slots is lame enug as it is.

I like the joy of capping and destruction.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:14 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

That's really screwed up. I've spent close to 50+ bil on base gear for my one SM char. If I can only lay 3 bases, that will suck total balls. I'm sorry, but I STRONGLY disagree with this one

And I really dont like the idea of stasis bases. If you can kill a base, it should be gone. and if you build a killable base, it DESERVES to die.(and this is commin from an avid base builder).

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:20 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Demonx
Level: 4976

How about some Stasis Gens for Drones. Now that is something that is SERIOUSLY needed.

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:24 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

How about some Stasis Gens for Drones. Now that is something that is SERIOUSLY needed.

agreed

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:27 pm
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Oh great, f2p spamming adonis bases with stais gens.. No

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:33 am
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8516

sweet god is that a horrible idea...worst ive ever heard

this will totally screw the game...i understand why you thought of it, but it would not work and only screw over base building.

DO NOT ADD THIS!

If bases cant really die for good, then once two teams are in a gal there is no way to own the galaxy. bases have to be able to die, and im a station building guy (my main is a CA). I hate losing bases, but stasis gens on bases will be totally screwed up.

Someone mentioned stasis on drones and that makes sense...add that, not the base thing, thats just messed up.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Have buildible Stasis gens for bases... but they would need to be *extremely* expensive. Something like Tech * 1 billion. That way, the extremely important bases have a way to survive, and people wont be spamming Adonis bases, because it just would not be worthwhile.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:40 am
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I dont really like this idea either. It's better to reduce the cost of base gear a little, just make them need a lot of commods and take a long time to build.

I dont have anything against the limit on base slots though.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:47 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

I think the limitation on base slots would be way too restrictive. 6 bases total for a paying account sounds too few....

Maybe people are making too much cash, but with 6 bases total, you get 2 colonies, 2 commod extraction facilities, 2 defence bases ? Well I can live with that kind of income, but I think regarding the construction costs of all high end druff in game (anni gear, DS, PtE aug, ...) the overall playerbase incomes would be ridiculously low.

On the stasis stuff, I dont know... I thikn what would work would be that the stasised base can not be reactivated, the owner can come and dock there, take the gear, the cash, ..., so it would solve the problem of player losing a bas loses much more cash than the pirate losing (or not loosing) GG.

After some time in stasis (long enough so that the gui can come and take the stuff, or negociate with new owner of the place) the base would be destroyed. The presence of stasised bases would not prevent others to own the place.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:48 am
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Hmm....yeah I guess with Enji's idea it could work. The base could stay in stasis for maybe 2-3 days so you'll have time to dock and grab your gear.

Quote:
Maybe people are making too much cash, but with 6 bases total, you get 2 colonies, 2 commod extraction facilities, 2 defence bases ? Well I can live with that kind of income, but I think regarding the construction costs of all high end druff in game (anni gear, DS, PtE aug, ...) the overall playerbase incomes would be ridiculously low.

I would even like to see a 1 colony per account limit, much easier to balance colonies then. Also, the high end gear would of course have to have their cost reduced to work with the player income.
Income should be low though, you should have to work hard to be able to afford the best gear. Fighting is what costs most and is most dangerous so doing ubers/DGs should be the best way of earning "fast" money, colonies should work as a income source but it should take time and work.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:00 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

what happens when they get out of stasis, and how would that happen anyway?

bases are unkillable already, with the sheild capacitors that ad 6-20x the sheild bank

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:15 am
Profile WWW
Main: Grendalmeo
Level: 449

On the stasis stuff, I dont know... I thikn what would work would be that the stasised base can not be reactivated, the owner can come and dock there, take the gear, the cash, ..., so it would solve the problem of player losing a bas loses much more cash than the pirate losing (or not loosing) GG.

After some time in stasis (long enough so that the gui can come and take the stuff, or negociate with new owner of the place) the base would be destroyed. The presence of stasised bases would not prevent others to own the place.

This sounds good but the bas should drop some stuff ans cash like ai kills, and the shields, energy and radar should not be able to be removed.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:36 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Reducing the base slots like that would need to make a HUGE restructuring of the entire system on which bases are used. Also, whats the point of even having war if theres no effect for it? I mean seriously... PvP in this game is a joke, it really is... PvB is the ONLY way to really damage a person's assets.

The only way I can see base generators working, is if a base is killed and has a base generator on it, it has a chance of dropping each item (calculated individually) that isn't the essentials of bases... Also drop credits stored on the base, being 20%+2% per lvl of piracy on the killer.

Example... % chance to drop item = 20-TECH+1

Ande base...

Shield 0% chance --- essential
Energy 0% chance --- essential
Nukes 0% chance --- essential
Rations 0% chance --- essential
Workers 0% chance --- essential
Laser 5% chance --- not essential
50 Energon 21% chance --- not essential

Havn't worked out all the kinks, but the idea is there... Piracy of bases could become a useful tactic, but its not terribly damaging to the average base as you don't lose everything on the base, only a fraction of the items.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:14 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next