Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

This uni still has about another month to it so I am still planning to get the new classes in this uni.

There is only 1 month left for this uni? Isn't the uni only a few weeks old?

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:03 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

yeah, only 1 more month isnt nearly enough time to properly take advantage of everything available. There should be like 2 more months of uni left! Dont rush things, people worked hard to get good gals that have resources and colonies that are going to take time to use to its fullest extent.

-ERMAN

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

We 'worked hard' laying 1 base / system
We 'worked hard' to peasant pump
We 'worked hard' to have lots of systems on ice

Couldn't write this, even if I tried.

:roll:

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:01 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

This uni still has about another month to it so I am still planning to get the new classes in this uni.

Its only been a month... Most unis are 3-4 months are they not? I don't see any reason to make it a short uni...

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:03 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:14 pm
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Translated:

We 'worked hard' laying 1 base / system
We 'worked hard' to peasant pump
We 'worked hard' to have lots of systems on ice

Couldn't write this, even if I tried.

:roll:

The problem with generalizations is that there is always exceptions. I myself could have taken many gals, instead i chose to take one, i made 8 stations, all andaman or higher within 2 days, i spent many billions in augging the bases, and i have spent many billions in making new base gear for them. I have only just now started to begin making back some money off my colony, and only just been able to start pumping my other two mediocre colony planets in order to get them to a point where i can make a substantial amount off selling them commodities. I have worked hard and I don;t want to end up with the uni cut drastically short resulting in severe loss on my part.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:10 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I don't really plan on allowing universes to run for 4 months anymore since things get a little laggy and a little boring. Hopefully they should run somewhere between 2 and 3 months, but really I would like the players to determine this through the emperor runs. Hopefully I can get everything in place so there is an incentive for someone to run this uni.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:17 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Androsynth
Main: science
Level: 353

Jeff - Have something on the forums for every emperor, like a little gold crown above their avvy.

Bring back the naming weapons things... but admins say stats

Another good thing would be like maybe a Emperor's aug usable only by the emperor... just something to play around with taking 0 aug slots and minor stat increases to the ship.

+5% to all maybe?

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:47 pm
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

I don't really plan on allowing universes to run for 4 months anymore since things get a little laggy and a little boring. Hopefully they should run somewhere between 2 and 3 months, but really I would like the players to determine this through the emperor runs. Hopefully I can get everything in place so there is an incentive for someone to run this uni.

If you want the unis to be shorter, you need to increase the rate at which colonies mature/grow... I had one of the fastest growing colonies in the game, if not the fastest, and I've only just hit 7 bill population on it... It took a month... For other colonies to mature from this point on, it'll take at least another 3 weeks... Doesn't leave much time for pumping commods to it... It only leaves time to make money through pessie pumping.

Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:31 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Hopefully I can get everything in place so there is an incentive for someone to run this uni.

Give them some kinda skill or the first engines 20 or something

Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3913

I would have thought a new client is much more important to the game than the new classes.

The more stuff you can do client-side the less data has to be transfered and the less lag we get-- I think

:wink:

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:29 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

The reason we have so much lag is the colony purchase/selling processes and memory leaks.

Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:43 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

These days, lag is from when memory is short and the server is doing a lot of DB calls for the threaded save which happens once an hour. Plus there's always general Internet lag that happens every so often.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

like that guy said above, wouldn't a lot of the problems that we currently face be eliminated by this fabled Client 2? Everyone is very excited about when this wil finally come out and I bet a good number of people would prefer if you would look into completing that over some of this other stuff. To be honest I would really like to put off the change in class system as long as possible, but I was under the impression that the new client would make things easier for you guys to change too. Admittedly I dont know much about game coding, but from what ive heard it seems that client 2 does nothing but make things better for everyone involved and could maybe even draw more people to the game.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:05 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next