Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

I like the token system BUT IT DOES NOT FIX THE PROBLEM...... drop tables, drop tables, drop tables. I dont know how many times this has to be said. Token system is just a bonus, but it FIXES NOTHING, without the drop tables being fixed. period

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:05 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Dark_one
Level: 3254

Yeah i have to aggree with bach all you have added is new tables now this isnt working unless u can fix it properly i mean today i got 6 twlight blockade bps 2 from the same boss. now the tokens sound like another table system between rare and normal tokens to get good gear i mean fair enough rare stuff should be rare but this table isnt gunna help the situation as from the previous systems have failed. I think u are over complecating the new idea which will make it confusing and stuipedly hard to get anything. hope u can figure out a better solotion and as soon as possible.

Dark

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:15 pm
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

I think this is a really great idea. It's allows for long term DG drops that are REALLY difficlut to get, but also "purchasable" through effort. It also gives a VERY money-like commodity from the DG bosses that will make DGing a payable position, kinda. Because the market seems pretty variable on price, there may be some complications in which an item is too "cheap" or "expensive" based on going rates for items, but it should give the admin staff an ability to implicitly manage prices too buy raising or lowering the token price on a commodity.

Time will tell how effective this will be, but really I like being able to trade in the dozens of Jux weapons I have for something truely useful...

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:14 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

People have stupid ammounts of tech 20 gear stored and I could *easily* see someone getting 200+ or more tokens the first day. This is the result of farming dgs over and over and over hoping for that giga gear and killing the same boss a thousand times without getting the drop you want. -_-

However please understand this and look at the trend with these things...

On the first day new aug tweaking came out, I had 3 characters with at 23. I now have 1 at at 25 and 4 at at 23. Everyone who had been playing for a while instantly got at 23 and then within a week or two got at25 with demented augs for their main characters.

When the bana ship ruins were discovered it took maybe a month for almost every sniper in the game to get one who wanted one.

There is no reason to make the exchange rate extremely low just because a handful of people have vast ammounts of tech 20 gear. They have ALREADY put their time in but have *NOT* reaped the rewards to match their time in my oppinion. If anything this just catches those people up who spent so much time dging for the same lame gear over and over trying to get what they needed.

Between myself and knight1, we have a leviathan full of tech 20 gear accumulated this uni that is quite frankly lame. Venusian weapons, radars, engines, shields, that are all totally sub-standard when compared to *real* combat gear sitting there and collecting dust. We've spent hundreds of hours dging trying to get either:

a. a modded venu jack
b. a giga shield of some sort as an upgrade to k1.

We have gotten one drop of any value, period. So what's more unfair, that a few people who have ammased a collection of t20 gear get instant rewards after *already* spending the time to get it, or making the turn in so pathetic that new people trying to come up in the world won't get anywhere...

The former is by far the lesser of two evils. Make the turn in reasonable when compared to how often you get drops only, do not make it reasonable for the tiny few that have 30+ venusian seekers and will get a *one time* huge advance in tokens from this change...

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:39 am
Main: Apotheosis
Level: 1360

You should not be able to exchange items for tokens becuase of all those loot thatchs out there.

You should not be able to exchange tier 1 tokens to tier 2 or 3, or tier 2 tokens for tier 3. Otherwise people could place 5 alts in 5 different low level DGs. Log alt 1, kill the boss, scoop the token. Log alt 2, kill the boss, scoop the token... Log back on alt 1 and boss as already spawned. It would be to easy to camp low level DGs with no effort and ultimately get items like Giga MisD.

But as you said its in the planning stage and its already shaping up. I loved the idea about tiered tokens but the shouldnt be able to be exchanged up, only down.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:42 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

A token system would be great and I do think we should be able to exchange items for tokens, even those stored in thatches....we need some way of getting rid of all that gear. People start with one thatch, they fill it to the maximum and then make a new one which they start to fill up, then a third one and so on....it's never ending until we get something to use all those items for.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:54 am
Team: Traders
Main: Dark_one
Level: 3254

Voom has a point maybe it should take less tech20 items to exchange for the tokens then all the DGs ive been doin for the past 5unis hasnt been a waste also making the better gear cost more tokens so not that easy to get them. this was proberbly said already but meh.

Dark

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:28 am
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

Post Re: DG Token System, planning stage
Atlum wrote:
One thing I'm concerned about is the amount of gear people already have in store atm. For example what is the amount of tokens you would get right now if any item could be traded at 5 for 1 token? Say items that are tech 0-10, 11-15, 16-19 and tech 20, how many of each? (Example if you have 100 tech 20 items in store, that mean 20 tokens)

i see what you are saying, but at the dg drop rate atm, its very hard to get those items so i think they should count as if they where gotten by the token system, they where still bought/found, i think they should count.

also, i dont get everything of what your saying, but i got the concept, i will just ask someone to dumb down the rest of it for me :P

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:42 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

within the first day, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people would get 1k+ tokens easy, just like aug tweaking.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

skyfyre is right

within the first day, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people would get 1k+ tokens easy, just like aug tweaking.

is that a problem? they have a stack of gear, just like what they'd have if they joined when the token system was implemented and then stored all of their stuff instead of turning it in piecemeal.

as was mentioned earlier (by skyfyre also i believe) there's nothing wrong with the fact people will get high amounts of it early on. they already spent their time doing dg's to get this - just did their time before the implementation instead of after.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:33 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

i never knew dg stood for dead galaxy thought it was dungeon :roll: ...anyways i love the idea however the trading item for tokens i dont like so much, maybe trading items for bps instead....

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:34 pm
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

i always thought it stood for Dangerous Galaxy

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:03 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next