Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:44 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:50 am
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

Post Re: DG Token System, planning stage
Atlum wrote:
Dead Galaxy

omg are u serious almost everyone in the game (at least i thought) thought it stood for dungeon.. but anyways i like the new ideas coming into the game. mayb atlum could just exclude some tech 20 drops (the often ones) from getting high tier tokens.. lets all make a list on a separate thread on items we think are not worth the tokens..

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:51 am
Team: The Vazaha Vigilantes
Main: PimpinDaHos
Level: 3255

But then what about the people that think that their items would be worth more than tokens?
Then 5 of a worthless item is still in their thatch.

And what about selling tokens? Would that be enabled?

Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:32 pm
Main: Apotheosis
Level: 1360

I always thought it was Dungeon Galaxy :shock: and I think most other people did aswell. Ah well, I will probably still think of them as Dungeon Galaxies...

But I see what people are saying. We've already put in the effort for all those worthless BPs and *shudders* Ariba Torps so why shouldn't we get loads of tokens for them. Eventually the hit to the economy will restabilize.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:26 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

One of the main idea of this is to "clean" those thatches out mostly. I will be looking for an happy medium between too many tokens and not enough. Hopefully I get it right.

But like AT, I do expect people that have amassed a ton of gear to start with a good amount of token if they turn them all in. The fastest way to get the tokens should be to do DGs though and not simply turning in items, that's why I'm probably looking at a default turn rate of 5 to 1.

Well, just to give some perspective Atlum, in my two man team of myself and a shield monkey, it takes us maybe 30 minutes to clear 2 dgs. 10 minutes for a 2 level dg, 20 minutes for the other dg which is 3 levels. We do the highest danger factor dgs in the game but we have to break in between dgs to drop off loot in a stash and refuel, and let the dg repopulate. I'd love to do other dgs but there's nothing with a high enough df *period* to drop what we're looking for... I don't even get the same league of junk drops from anything, whether it's 2 levels or 6 levels, period, than the two dgs we frequent. On average we get about 3 pieces of (lame) venusian gear per clearing the 2 dgs. We actually get better drops off the ai on the first and second levels before the bosses, such as dementium, mercurian blueprints, and amazingly enough, once we got a demented aug tablet (which I thought were uber boss drops only).

The other thing is that the junk drops we get from these two dgs are never blueprints, which is a good thing imo as the highest df dgs in the game should give something more significant, even if it is only 1/5 or 2/5 of a dg token per run. I have no problem with a static 5 item to 1 token turn in value, I'd say that's a fair balance, especially considering it really takes two people to clear these dgs in any reasonable ammount of time.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:50 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

I always thought it was Dungeon Galaxy :shock: and I think most other people did aswell. Ah well, I will probably still think of them as Dungeon Galaxies...

But I see what people are saying. We've already put in the effort for all those worthless BPs and *shudders* Ariba Torps so why shouldn't we get loads of tokens for them. Eventually the hit to the economy will restabilize.

What hit to the economy? People aren't going to get gear with their tokens to sell, people are going to get gear to use. The type of gear that you can (hopefully) get through turning in tokens is rarely or never sold anyways just because it's so rare.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:58 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

i allways thought it was DunGeon

lol - me, too. (See the front page of the website.) I guess I should fix it.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:34 pm
Profile WWW
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:21 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Dead Galaxy. But it would be best to refer to them as a "dungeon" galaxy in quotes as is current. Any player of video games would know what a dungeon is, but "dead galaxy" would not give them much info.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:18 pm
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

I alwasy thought it meant Dangerous Galaxy... Being more dangerous than the galaxy its attached to.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:21 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next