Team: Phalanx Triarius
Main: Uesugi
Level: 928

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:18 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

3 teirs is good, but how are they distuinguished? ive never seen anyone ever dg in w2, so would only w3 have tokens????? (wouldent that be more reasonable?)

also, DF 120-180 is teir 1, 190-250 is teir 2 and 260+ is teir 3? that sounds good to me. 10 teir 1's get a DW (along with other gear), 10 teir 2's get a *GnT* (im tempted to say) and 10 teir 3's get a iqbana drop or a DGnT??

thats my genberall take on it, but whatever you put in works because we dont loose anything!

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

Goz, please reread what Atlum wrote. I like the idea a bit, so far so good.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:38 pm
Team: Phalanx Triarius
Main: Uesugi
Level: 928

the idea is good but make ais drop more augs ^.^ especially w3 ais bgs picks forgies etc

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:40 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

but dont let players exchange items for tokens.

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:53 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

[quote"atlum"]So maybe it cost 10 tokens to get a DWO but you need 4-5 DWO to get back 1 tokens[/quote]

dont you mean one DWO gives you 4-5 tokens? because..... i think 4-5 DWO's for a token is a bit overboard.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:04 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

You should allow trading down tokens, but not up. Upward tokens would be worth alot more in cash and power; allowing to trade up from simple dg to DF 300 dg level would be broken.

Token skills sounds nice, though they should be different in bonuses in compared to Bar Skills and Imperial Skills. So maybe things such as Shield Bank bonus, Energy Bank bonus, Weapon Range bonus but with small boosts.

For the trading back in thing, I honestly have to say I wouldn't get many tokens at all from simply trading in things in my ship. I have a wide variety of DG items, but few of each generally.

A question on the system - will it be using Missions to trade in tokens and such? It seems a bit weird IMO to be using the Station Concourse section to do this trading; having a separate Turn-in tab that could be added to select ai stations would be more professional and easier for navigation and usage. Rather than sitting there changing 1k clicks worth of random things to the final product, you could enter a number of how many of an item you wish to trade in, and receive the result back. This should be applied to places such as the Enforcer station, Constable station, Lyceum, Graveyard, and the token system location proposed. However, if it is too much coding that is understandable - though something like this should be added eventually.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:11 pm
Team: Light Commerce
Main: dragoonlord
Level: 772

I think it's a good idea. But let the lowbies get it too. anything in w0-w1 is a token 0... same line of thinking but would take 100 to get a token 1 so it's not exploitable.

Tier 3 could be DF 180+

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:48 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

However, PLEASE do try to find a way around missions. If I recall correctly, the missions with the gold-tokens, the pirate missions, dublins or something, forgot the exact name, you could get tokens there too, and exchange them for about 40 items. I really liked that, the idea of exchanging tokens for items, but the list of missions in that base was insane. Taking on a bunch was also extremely annoying.

I can only imagine the ammount of missions for a 100 items, not to mention their diff-sized equals, like oversized, gigantic and micro, and not to mention reversing those as well for item to token missions, instead of just token to item missions. You'll have an amazing *load* of missions, which is just going to be extremely annoying, or very much limiting in how many different items can be bought with tokens, or exchanged for tokens.

So yeah, a different system, don't use missions with item requirements and a reward. Its simple and easy, but extremely annoying in quantities you're planning. Keep the tokens and missions seperate, and try to have Jeff program a feature for a token system.

Quote:
One thing I'm concerned about is the amount of gear people already have in store atm. For example what is the amount of tokens you would get right now if any item could be traded at 5 for 1 token? Say items that are tech 0-10, 11-15, 16-19 and tech 20, how many of each? (Example if you have 100 tech 20 items in store, that mean 20 tokens)

I thought the exact same thing. There's probably people with thatches full of crap gear, or decent gear in huge ammounts, being able to generate enormous ammounts of high tier tokens and buy up alot of really nice items with those tokens. Items like catapults are extremely frequent nowadays, but there's barely a market for it, though they are good items, when exchanged to tokens people can suddenly get cool new gear and sell it for hundreds of millions instead of having that catapult collecting dust.

However, I feel that 5 items to 1 token will not really feck things up too much. The rate 1 token for an item, vs 1 item for a token will keep people from generating too much tokens.

After all, Tech20 items ARE IN DEMAND, nobody will be say exchanging 5 izers for a single high-tier token that they need 10 of to buy some cool new gear. I can see problems with cheap items like venusian gear, the venusian weapons are tech20, and have been sold for 50-100m, while other tech20 weapons are worth billions. Needless to say, giving up a few billion worth of a weapon should be worth a few tokens, but giving up a 50m weapon should not, therefor determining what tier and ammount of tokens to give out, should NOT be fully based on tech level.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:14 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Love the idea, perhaps as far as rewards go if we could use the tokens to physically buy the items? Instead of credits? Not sure how hard that might be but it should remove the problem of having lots of missions.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:26 pm
Team: Light Commerce
Main: dragoonlord
Level: 772

Well, it'd be not based on that then. base it on how many people would actually trade X item for a token.

No one will trade 5 izers for a gnt or something.
If you have 150 venu stuffs in there, you should be able to get something very decent, aye, but you can't just have it all at 150 t20 items... maybe 500 of them would get a cool item.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:29 pm
Team: Sheilds
Main: Apper
Level: 1836

Use only 2 types of tokens, and scale the costs accordingly. Reward a different amount of tokens for different DG levels. Allow people to trade in DG drops for tokens.

Goal:
Reward people for DGing

Requirements:
Ubers can't get mass amounts of great gear
Ubers should be rewarded for doing difficult DGs, rather than pwning through low level ones just for tokens
Low levels should be able to save up for good gear

The main factor in DGing is time. No one wants to spend an hour killing everything and getting a sandy solarite. First, i suggest rewards be determined by the expected amount of time for one person to clear it, as well as the difficulty of the boss. Second, for token drops, use one type of token and scale token requirements per item accordingly. A tibsi radar should cost something like 1 token, where as a spyrite radar might cost 10. DGs should drop different amount of tokens depending on the level, so that if i were to clear a 130DG, i would get 10 tokens and could buy 10 tibsi radars. Similarly, a lower level could save up for the spyrite radar after 10 dgs of his level. The idea of a 'rare' type of token is a good idea, but i don't think there should be too many types. I suspect that if there are too many, there will be a 'junk' type of rare token. Scaling the amount of rare tokens required for low and higher level items would work better than making seperate types for high levels. This way, exchanging and trading them would be easy. Lastly, i definatly think items should be exchanged for half their worth i tokens. It would finally put 'junk' drops to some use. Also keep in mind when you're implentment this that several items dropped in DGs are buyable. I recommend not letting anything that can be purchased drop in a DG.

-apper

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:49 pm
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

I recommend not letting anything that can be purchased drop in a DG.

I totally disagree with this. I DG all the time, ATM, and most of my income is in selling DG drops to AI stations. Even with the CRAPPY drops we are getting, ATM, I'm still able to make between 100-300M a day DGing. I also am throwing away half of what I bring out of the DGs... being able to turn these throw aways into tokens would be great.

So what I suggest is: If an item can be bought/sold in any AI station then there should be NO token exchange for that item. The reward is already built in.

I also think adding new drones that require the shields and weapons and power sources and chargers* that are currently being thrown away would be another way to go. Say new drones that requires 5 to 10 V shields, 5 to 10 W chargers, 5 to 10 of X power sources and 5 - 10 of Y weapons and maybe 5 to 10 of Z weapons. The drones would be fairly large but powerful and should be usable like Soul Magics, or for the higher tech level item drones permanate. (*chargers in general aren't thrown away, BY ME, but sold or warehoused.) Also using OS and Gigantic items to make these drones would be another way to utilize the excess OS & Gig items that are dropped or captured. (Say using the applicable OS gear from ten captured Goldenboy Bars to make a new "Golden Bar Drone".)

Last edited by Thummmper on Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:18 pm
Team: Traders
Main: KorGgenT
Level: 2525

why not make some ai bases buy tokens? that way, you would still have income, and still have AI station gear taken out. the ai stations wouldnt sell tokens though, or at an EXTREMELY high price.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:31 pm