Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

So how long are those of use that can ONLY make money via DGs gonna be broke and unable to progress in this game!? I have lost more money in GG than I have gained this uni by FAR because of this DG mishap, and I'm doing DF150-230 dgs...

This plan sounds like it is going to greatly benefit those which loads of thatchs to clear out, and it might help some f2ps with LOADS of time to get giga yallows and the like... but I feel that the middle class of SS is gonna have a hard time adjusting to this system.

As it is dg drop are random, which adds a uncertainty that encourages people to dg... with the token system there is gonna pretty much be a set amount of DGs till you get X item...

NO ONE WANTS TARDIS BPS

also how is this going to effect the new *Gear? have more tokens to get a *Gear with a randomly generated effect... sound like a horrid idea to me given how often it is "easy" to obtain a boost with any significant useful mod...

This is gonna temporarily BREAK the SS economy, and maybe even some of the players.

I'd vote to try and fix the way DGs were, I'm more than happy to get DWOs from DF 180 pick bosses... just not gremcannons.

BTW, Slicer, what DF are you in to be getting those drops?

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:52 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6518

well, this may work for those with loads of thatches..but they have spent a lot of time doing this allready havnt they? what do you want them to do? totaly wipe out what we have in thatches so you wont feel left out? i dont have much at all..i actualy got my first tech 20 weapon and iv stored it for when i get weps 20. and i belive there is a seperate topic that has jeff saying he is fixing drops...or at least messing with it. and atlum is nice enough to put this in...stop bitching and decide what you want! i see us getting the best of all worlds with this and jeff messing with some drops..dont be overcritical till you read all the topics..and keep an open mind. we wont know how this will effect SS till its actualy in..till then its all speculation and semi-educated guesses. which have been proven false and unusable in the past. time will heal all jus let em do their work and reap the benifits of the time they give us to do this for us.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:30 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

If you thought a global aug reset would break the economy...whoa...this will be fun. How about I try and map it out for you.

No more items, previous DG drop item prices sky rocket.

Token prices Skyrocket and previous DG drop item prices drop through the floor.

Value of tokens bum out when market floods.

Camping for high level tokens occure, only giving the powerful people more power, keeping the weak weaker and preventing the market from recovering.

Value of the credit drops incredibly low.

Result? The aug reset effect but with items, but it wont fix without direct admin intervention.

Well congrats admins, you have officially created the SS version of the great depression.

Last edited by Alexander the Great on Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:28 pm
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

If what you say is going to happen, then keeping a person who already did the DG out of the DG for 24hrs sounds like it would fix the camping part.

I suggest you make the minions drop the tokens and the bosses drop the loot...

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:03 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

I alwasy thought it meant Dangerous Galaxy... Being more dangerous than the galaxy its attached to.

some w3 dg's are unagro (a safer place to hide and regen sheilds IMO)

Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:17 am
Profile WWW
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

If you thought a global aug reset would break the economy...whoa...this will be fun. How about I try and map it out for you.

No more items, previous DG drop item prices sky rocket.

Token prices Skyrocket and previous DG drop item prices drop through the floor.

Value of tokens bum out when market floods.

Camping for high level tokens occure, only giving the powerful people more power, keeping the weak weaker and preventing the market from recovering.

Value of the credit drops incredibly low.

Result? The aug reset effect but with items, but it wont fix without direct admin intervention.

Well congrats admins, you have officially created the SS version of the great depression.

You're missing a couple points:

1. Items will still drop and people currently don't sell every stashed item they have, they'll actually be more willing to sell items that they can't turn into crests because they have 6 or so and can only trade in 5.

2. DG items will still be gotten from DGs along with the crests - crests will actually always drop I believe Atlum said. Crests will probably be expensive but won't be a highly sought-after commodity since they'll be relatively easy to get yourself (unlike the aug condensor bps for AT).

3. The market can't really "flood" with tokens since people will use them to get items, a token itself is only a tool to get the items - so yes people will eventually get all the new items but that doesn't mean they won't store the tokens. I'm assuming that newer items will be added from time to time to the list of token rewards.

4. There will be several DGs that will drop the highest tier of tokens, and the relatively quick respawn time of DGs will make camping not much of an issue (the main problem with Uber camping is that you kill it once and it's gone for 1-2 days).

5. While it is possible people would "peg" items to their cost in tokens, I don't see how the credit would be devalued by any of this - too many things require certain amount of credits and I'll point out again that most tokens will be obtained by people DGing, not turning in items.

Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:13 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

My point was that if camping occured, and high level players only got the really good tokens, then they would charge newer players an arm and a leg for it. Hell they would charge middle class players, such as myself, and arm and a leg for it. Thats how the value of the credit drops. No cash = no tokens = no good items. Though my previous post is an extreme case scenario, its not entirely beyond possibility. My suggestion? Put DG's back to the way they were last uni and leave well enough alone.

Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:48 pm

not only that the market is allready totaly screwed up...catas for 1.2bil? thats insane...and its happend becouse drops are horrible and people arnt DGing. if anything this will fix it. yes people who have a lot stashed away will make a lot...but who cares? they did take the time to dg for that crap right? so they earnt whatever they get out of it. and it wont hurt the weaker people any either...if they can do a dg they can get drops from that AND tokens..its gonna take a wile for them to build up tokens but thats fine i can live with that. catas should be maybe 180mil imo...not this bullshit now..and this is becouse the market is screwed up due to broken dgs. i shouldnt have to go to the end of the universe dgs to get crap thats worth more then a damn arabia torpedo.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:13 pm

and...if they are camping a dg...they are fighting in it arnt they? what is wrong with you? everyone has a favorate dg if they dg at all... it will change absoultuly nothing in that respect..and putting a timer on when we can enter a dg again will be more damaging then anything else.. the token system has a large trade-in tax for tokens...so it will limit those massive thatches of crap to fewer tokens produced. i have two or three dgs i like to go to when i dg at all..recently its just been becouse im bored not becouse i get anything of value out of them.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:16 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

My question is, will "Uber" AIs such as the IQ banna queen still drop nice gear such as a jiji quu? Their should be a set of uber tokens that drops for however many people are in a squad this would fix it so everyone could actually get something and stop argueing over who gets what. There could also be a system of banna tokens that could be used for banna gear... just an idea

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:11 pm
Main: deadwall
Level: 2053

i like the whole idea and exchanging tokens up is not bad cus than the classes that are suffering from a nerf can get the beter gear but it will take longer so it will be balanced

and as a side note can you get some augs for tokens? like the expertise augs, caly, zues, and heph for a lot of tokens becus thay are next to impossible to get at all

Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:44 pm
Main: MasterComp112
Level: 656

i have no idea how hard it would be to implement, but couldnt you make a special gal, with a special base or bases that sells items for tokens, and buys items for tokens, like all ai bases do, selling/buying certain things for credits, the special bases in the special gal could do the same thing, but with tokens, this would probably be a pain to implement tho, but it would keep things cleaner, and easier to manage.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:18 pm
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

were dgs fixed a little? i been dging for a while and been getting some decent drops ( havent seen an ariba torp for more then 15min :shock: ) have dgs been fixed slightly? when will they be completly fixed?

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:12 am
Team: Intergalactic Federation
Main: Ryukishen
Level: 20

Wouldn't the end result be more or less like what is happening with Pirate Crests right now? People are buying them to exchange for Enforcer or Sergeant Enforcer gear and crap and people are occaisonally selling enforcer nd sergeant enforcer gear. So far Pirate Crests haven't killed the economy and I don't see how it would be any different with DG tokens. Before we actually had a use for Pirate Crests when they were implemented I had a huge stash of about 3 bulk trader+'s, totalling probably 2000 pirate crests. Now that there's a real use for them I use them and i'm sure a few others did the same. The economy's not exactly dead, so how is that any different with DG Tokens?

Wed May 02, 2007 3:44 pm