Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Weekly Update 3-23
I've finished the memory optimization and a server with the new optimization is currently running on Test. My optimization is saving 400 megs of RAM, which is quite significant. At the least, I will only have to restart the server evrey week instead of every 2-3 days. At best, we will hopefully see other performance improvements since the machine won't have to swap virtual memory around so much. Please take a minute to go on Test and test your favorite items, because I literally modified the code for every single item in the game.

I have also been working on DG's and their drop tables and the ability to more easily add new items to the game so that I can fill out those drop tables a little better. I have the augmenters into my new format for an XML exportable spreadsheet and while I was at it, added 20 new augs for the DG drop tables and also beefed up all the augs that no one ever uses, like minor docking, etc, to have some useful small side effects. Also reduced the traction bonus on traction augs and gave then an electrical boost to compensate -- so those mean ol' traction-augged mobs won't be such a terror. I restructured the way DG's work so they are no longer symmetrical, gave a loot bonus to the bosses based on how deep they are in the their branch of the DG, and made the henchmen on the last level no longer drop keys.

I am converting the drop tables for the DG's so that there is a ratio between the "difficulty" of the boss and the tech of the stuff he will drop. I want to make it so a boss will only drop items of tech value that are not too far away from his target drop tech. To further fill out the drop tables, I'm going to add all the common weapons, shields, energies, etc to the DG drops, but with a high chance to get modifications. This seems more useful than the 11th copy of some low level bp you already have -- either it has mods that are useful or else you can at least sell it to an AI base.

With the tech of the dropped items clustering better, you will be able to figure out that if you want higher tech stuff, you need to either do to a deeper DG or else one that starts farther out.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:56 am
Profile WWW
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Think we can get some stats on the new Augs?

And how is the Destroy Aug tool you put in on Test looking? any chance of getting that in Liquid soon?

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:05 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

A lot of the augs on test server have really screwed up stats.....52% damage bonus on an exc damage aug anyone? And things like sup firing have other mods like damage and tracking etc....Dunno if its intentional just for test or what but yeah....

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:05 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

52% damage bonus on exc damage? Ouch....that's too much....

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:16 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:40 am
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

I spent a little time on the Test server. I think the following is wrong:

Basic Firing Aug: Dam: +8%, Tracking: +10%, RoF: +35%, Radar: +10%.

Shouldn't the Rate of Fire be lowered... RoF: -35%? Or do you mean RoF = 1/Recoil ?

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:56 am
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

In my opinion, the normal augs wouldn't make sense if more mods were given. Instead, why not have weaker augs such as Docking or Thrust have a chance of getting * mods, with the potential bonuses varying between augs.

EDIT: Just checked test. Yeh, the augs are beefed WAY too much. I think maybe your system messed up? Because my good elec is better than the invigorating and combo augs. And my Minor Damage gets the same Damage buff as a Sup Combo. And the Exc Damage aug completely outpowers the Aspect of Lion. Exc Nimbleness doesn't decrease weight. And it continues down the line of normal augs.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:12 am
Team: Phalanx Triarius
Main: Uesugi
Level: 928

jeff can ya get all my stuff from liquid to test :roll: i tossed everything off lol didin t know this and also put alot of prom we needzorz it

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:03 am
Team: The Vazaha Vigilantes
Main: PimpinDaHos
Level: 3255

But maybe with this beef people will actually use them.. Yeh a bit too much... Nuro hit the RoF cap with SD and a 2.5 sec wep

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:16 am

Agreed, Hera is actually useful now. Its an alternative to the Sup Combo depending on your combat style.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:24 am
Team: The Vazaha Vigilantes
Main: PimpinDaHos
Level: 3255

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:27 am
Main: FullOfChaos
Level: 4253

Make a Gal on test like Sol, make everything there 1 credit and make skill resets there for 1 cred per level and make every skill there 1 sp per level and no credit cost =P

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:33 am
Team: Sheilds
Main: Apper
Level: 1836

adding all the common weapons, shields, ect to drop tables? seriously? please, please, please don't. the only thing worse than getting a sandy solarite is getting an ariba torpedo. if i start getting magcannons and light lasers, i'm going to be very unhappy. even if it is a light laser with +10% damage.

-apper

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:41 am

Getting common drops from DGs sometimes would be OK if they were related to DG difficulty and time. So you won't get a light laser from a df140 dg, but maybe a modded RBL.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:52 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next