Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Could you also update the test server with the most recent save?

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:33 pm
Team: Phalanx Triarius
Main: Uesugi
Level: 928

Could you also update the test server with the most recent save?

thats waht i wanted :D

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:49 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The invig, etc, augs are in a separate file and I forgot about them.

Here's a question: is 52% damage on a exc damage aug *really* too much?

How does this compare to exc combo, which people will still be using anyway. Exc combo is unchanged at:
10% turning,
50% dock,
20% energy,
25% firing,
100% radar,
20% recovery,
14.1% damage,
30% shield, and
20% electric.

Using my new balancing formulas, Exc. Combined is still 79% more powerful than Exc. Damage even with the boost to 52% damage. If you are energy limited, then exc combo is giving you 37% more damage. If you're rof limited, then exc combo is giving you 43% more damage. Take the average of 40% more damage from either dam+electric or dam+firing and then you have the comparison of 12% more damage on the exc damage aug versus 10% turning, 50% dock, 20% energy, 20% recovery, and 30% shield you are getting on the exc. combo. Just the recovery alone is better than the 12% extra damage you are getting on the exc damage. There is absolutely no contest. Exc. Combined is still insanely better than an exc. damage aug. So if everyone is still going to be having exc. combo, exc. combo, etc, on their ships, it seems hard to say that the new stat for exc damage is too high. Honestly, it's either beef the augs that are all 1/3 as good as the combo's or else nerf the combos.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Vazaha Vigilantes
Main: PimpinDaHos
Level: 3255

nice way to look at it I suppose. The speed augs are way broken though.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:31 pm

Make sure you also change the following, then to coincide with the new stats: Speedy, Spacy, combination/adv combination, Urqa, Aspects, specials augs (ie: pirate mark), hostile augs, fading/aggro augs, and maybe a few low-end god augs. The first three groups to make sure they actually include the new stats in them, the others to ensure they are equal in "power" or slightly better, but in a different usage. Zeus, ares, etc. will probably end up being underpowered also.

I would personally prefer you make them useful, but not crazy. Seriously, I bet I could come up with some crazy setup that would one-shot the Mad Sci using Sup Damage augs with your decide stats.

Seriously, just nerf the damned combo augs. Having to rebalance every damned aug all over again isn't worth the trouble...

Last edited by Nuromishi on Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:52 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Well if the exc combo gives +52% damage then the sup combo will give even more....now consider 4 of those on a base....or 4 exc damage on a shrimp, Im guessing it will become very easy to one hit many AIs with a very cheap aug setup.
And basic firing aug giving +8% damage and +35% rate of fire? With these aug stats you will need to boost AIs because killing high level AIs at low levels will be easier than ever, what does exc and sup firing give? Sounds like they will now be uber augs, much better then other hard to get augs....

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:57 pm

You mean Damage. And the Sup Damage is +58% damage, Voom. Broken as hell if I use a Sniper. It really will be "one-shot, one-kill" for everything.

Seriously, if these stats go in, I will propose to make as many brokenly uber ships as possible just to prove my point.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:04 pm
Team: The Vazaha Vigilantes
Main: PimpinDaHos
Level: 3255

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:07 pm
Main: zwi00
Level: 1950

well... i dont see this change beefing the player base in anyway. voom have you try ais in the test server? remember that they use minor to sup augs.. and yeah biggreens heavy fighter going over 250 speed isnt funny at all. i couldnt kill a mf pick cause it ate my 80k shield to 0 in about 6 shots. seems like it had targeting, firing and damage augs.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

That's right. If you can 1-hit a BG, it doesn't say shit. SS is about continuity, all games really are. You barely get to fight 1-on-1, in a DG it's you vs 10 ships, in W3 it's you vs 10 ships, you fight multiple bases, multiple drones, multiple AI.

That means you're better off

with 2-shotting a BG every 5 seconds, and being able to tank them for 10minutes before dock
than
1-shotting a BG every 15 seconds, and getting your ship ripped in 30 seconds, and when lucky, holding out for 45 seconds, but then seeing that your energy is gone.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:23 pm

Oh, and all of the base augs would need to be updated to.

But is this supposed to be some satirical point? If not, please recheck your gauging system - its really out of whack on a bunch of these augs.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:26 pm
Team: Hot Shots
Main: Sylvester
Level: 4093

The invig, etc, augs are in a separate file and I forgot about them.

Here's a question: is 52% damage on a exc damage aug *really* too much?

How does this compare to exc combo, which people will still be using anyway. Exc combo is unchanged at:
10% turning,
50% dock,
20% energy,
25% firing,
100% radar,
20% recovery,
14.1% damage,
30% shield, and
20% electric.

Using my new balancing formulas, Exc. Combined is still 79% more powerful than Exc. Damage even with the boost to 52% damage. If you are energy limited, then exc combo is giving you 37% more damage. If you're rof limited, then exc combo is giving you 43% more damage. Take the average of 40% more damage from either dam+electric or dam+firing and then you have the comparison of 12% more damage on the exc damage aug versus 10% turning, 50% dock, 20% energy, 20% recovery, and 30% shield you are getting on the exc. combo. Just the recovery alone is better than the 12% extra damage you are getting on the exc damage. There is absolutely no contest. Exc. Combined is still insanely better than an exc. damage aug. So if everyone is still going to be having exc. combo, exc. combo, etc, on their ships, it seems hard to say that the new stat for exc damage is too high. Honestly, it's either beef the augs that are all 1/3 as good as the combo's or else nerf the combos.

it isnt even breaking player ships that is the problem but thing of an AI with a sup dmg or how about ships in copper7 that are now going to be doing even more dmg with beefed dmg augs... or like zwi says a pick with a couple of even basic/std dmg augs will make killing some ai damn near impossible.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:00 pm
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Saying things like, OMG IT WILL MAKE KILLING AI TOO EASY!!!

As one poster mentioned, these augs affect EVERYTHING!!!

So its not just the players getting a beef, its the AI too.

I say just beef all the other specialty augs and call it a day.

Make Barbe augmenter a more versatile augmenter that gives like speed, thrust, turning, range maybe even tracking.

And make the higher end augs more preferable then Sup Combi...

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:22 pm
Main: FullOfChaos
Level: 4253

i say make more tech 5-10 god augs.. only god aug at tech 5-7 is zeta and thats ungettable.. then comes the specs and hermes augs.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:37 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next