Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: Dwarf Gold II
Level: 3783

i say like the man finish his work and see how it goes :D

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:26 pm
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

Being swarmmed by 12+ MF Slumbers & 5+ SawXs in, Pupis a DF 140, is a little MUCH don'tcha think?

Also tried several DGs and was still getting keys in the lowest level(s), specifically Kemet.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:31 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

The invig, etc, augs are in a separate file and I forgot about them.

Here's a question: is 52% damage on a exc damage aug *really* too much?

How does this compare to exc combo, which people will still be using anyway. Exc combo is unchanged at:
10% turning,
50% dock,
20% energy,
25% firing,
100% radar,
20% recovery,
14.1% damage,
30% shield, and
20% electric.

Using my new balancing formulas, Exc. Combined is still 79% more powerful than Exc. Damage even with the boost to 52% damage. If you are energy limited, then exc combo is giving you 37% more damage. If you're rof limited, then exc combo is giving you 43% more damage. Take the average of 40% more damage from either dam+electric or dam+firing and then you have the comparison of 12% more damage on the exc damage aug versus 10% turning, 50% dock, 20% energy, 20% recovery, and 30% shield you are getting on the exc. combo. Just the recovery alone is better than the 12% extra damage you are getting on the exc damage. There is absolutely no contest. Exc. Combined is still insanely better than an exc. damage aug. So if everyone is still going to be having exc. combo, exc. combo, etc, on their ships, it seems hard to say that the new stat for exc damage is too high. Honestly, it's either beef the augs that are all 1/3 as good as the combo's or else nerf the combos.

ok... take 4x exc damage on a shrimp with a merc diss * os5, sniper 20...

99084 dmg/shot... Means it'd 1 shot most BGs, picks, reavers, panthers, some zebras, some lions, all face huggers... etc...

I'd say a beef to some of the 'regular' augs would be fine, but not by that much... start out with a 50% beef at most...

RISC wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Um, YES! Regular augs have always been crap, and they should be crap. That's why there are combo augs, which are FAR more expensive, but still less powerful than combined augs. Demented augs should start approaching combined aug power, or they could even be slightly better (as they're pretty much as hard to get).

If you make such a huge boost to regular augs, what about AI that have 10+ augs? You'd have to rebalance TONS of stuff...

-Slicer

This is also a major issue... Increasing the dmg that much can easily make the AI do an INSANE amount of damage...

Last edited by IAmMe2 on Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:26 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

If you wanna be mean, you could always go into the details of Panther + Overloader Titan.

Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:31 pm
Main: Oya
Level: 3394

i was checking out some of the augs/equipment on the test server and just wanted to comment on a few things

* i see that nimbleness augs no longer give - weight, but added thrust and turning. are they still going to give the same/better effect as when it was -weight?

* also noticed that shield with speed mods now say improves speed +45% instead of speed modifier 1.45. All of my ships still went the same speed as before except for my wing4+ with a phantom stream went significantly faster(like 670 to 740 or something like that), was wondering if that is possilby a bug?

* all of my speedy/spacy augs seemed to have no changes made

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:04 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

I see several probles with this Jeff, perhaps I'm missing something.

1. dg loot will still be based heavily on the danger factor of the dg. However now the tech level of the boss will also be a factor. This is an issue because of the two highest df dgs in this uni, one of them is an mf rosemary. This means that the 2nd highest df dg in the game will now drop lame loot because the boss is lower tech level doesn't it? This isn't right at all.

2. north warp 3 only goes to df 300. I have not gotten a single good drop such as giga or os gear out of df 300, either the chance is too low or perhaps I just have insanely bad luck. There need to be more dgs that go well above df 300.

3. If df is no longer a factor *at all* and the only factor is the boss, how deep in they are, and what tech level they are, then this seems like a much more reasonable fix. If not, and df is still a factor, I don't think this will work...

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:25 am
Main: FullOfChaos
Level: 4253

Also if you give other speed augs a boost.. (hermes is still +15% speed.. make it like +40% speed or somethin cuz basic speed is +25%) It'd be cool.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:22 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
JeffL wrote:

Um, YES! Regular augs have always been crap, and they should be crap. That's why there are combo augs, which are FAR more expensive, but still less powerful than combined augs. Demented augs should start approaching combined aug power, or they could even be slightly better (as they're pretty much as hard to get).

If you make such a huge boost to regular augs, what about AI that have 10+ augs? You'd have to rebalance TONS of stuff...

-Slicer

My problem with this is that Combined Augs are still more powerful than something like a Demented Augmenter.... Combined Augmenter takes crap all to get, Demented Augmenter is VERY intensive and expensive to get, yet it's still worse?

Seriously, I think something needs done to stop the Combined Augmenters from being the 'end all' when it comes to the end game. I'd rather see them nerf'd a bit, made more accessible, than huge beefs to the normal augmenters. (Quick note, make the expertise more accessible as well, perhaps add variants on them, that might help 'dethrone' the oh-so-mighty (yet at the same time slightly broken) Combined augmenter.

Calypso

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:02 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

As I've been saying for a VERY long time now make the combo aug missions repeatable and instead nerf them.
In other words, I agree with Caly.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:15 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

all of it sounds good jeff, with the new aug beef it seems like having 10+ BGs and 5+ picks in one gal should be a lot easier to do but not so easy that a player in a porp can do it just seems more balanced now.

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:26 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

As I've been saying for a VERY long time now make the combo aug missions repeatable and instead nerf them.

I like not sucking. So I use combo augs. Nerf combos, cool. Now what do I aug my ship with? 4 basic docking speed demon deathstriker? Might as well since that's the *only thing I have going for me* as my expertise aug sucks and my most favored aug, the qa, ain't gonna be seen again for another 200 queen kills.

The proper sequence of things to do would be to introduce alternatives that do not suck FIRST. Balance THOSE augs. GET IT RIGHT. THEN nerf combos until no one uses them. That gives people some time to adjust and acquire the more difficult to get but roughly euivalent or maybe even slightly superior augs.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:05 pm
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

The Voomy One wrote:

I like not sucking. So I use combo augs. Nerf combos, cool. Now what do I aug my ship with? 4 basic docking speed demon deathstriker? Might as well since that's the *only thing I have going for me* as my expertise aug sucks and my most favored aug, the qa, ain't gonna be seen again for another 200 queen kills.

The proper sequence of things to do would be to introduce alternatives that do not suck FIRST. Balance THOSE augs. GET IT RIGHT. THEN nerf combos until no one uses them. That gives people some time to adjust and acquire the more difficult to get but roughly euivalent or maybe even slightly superior augs.

I agree with most of what ur saying, but it's not nerf combos till no one uses em. But give people other alternatives that would work just as well, with different bonuses.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:55 pm
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

I honestly only use the Exc Combo for the combination of dps increase, elec regen, and shield regen. Sounds like the benefits of an ares aug...make a tech 20 version of ares!

Though I do like the new Hera.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:29 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

yes you said how exc damage is not 52% damage and exc combi is like 79% better. exc combi is 16x harder to get and can only be gotten once per character over lvl 350 (right)?

exc damage can drop off BG's, reavers, picks, forgones etc etc all the time. and having that kinda power floating around is a little too good imo.

since combis can only be used once and they are really good people only use them on main ships (reavers, pax's, izers, DS's etc etc) and not on somthing silly like MF shrimps (ships used for one thing like mad sci runs etc etc). Its true how we need more people using exc and sup augs for somthign else than condensing and combi missions but as nuro said, a 4 sup damage base or 4 exc damage shirmp can cause serious inbalancing problems.

also, demented augs as we know are extremely hard to make and are only used for AT missions as far as I know atm. demented augs should give like mabey 3 TYPES of stats and alot of them. for example: a "demented superiour outpost augmenter" should give 60% damage, 40% range (or more) and some odd radar bonus. its not that good due to the lack of sheild, hull, speed, energy etc etc but the stats it gives for its price should be worth it on a t20 ship imo.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:00 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next