Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: WHO
Main: Leroy78
Level: 3360

How about making it t20? That would solve the brokenness, and allow those who spent billions on it to remain happy. If you want a t19 ship in the game make a new one.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:23 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

How about making it t20? That would solve the brokenness, and allow those who spent billions on it to remain happy. If you want a t19 ship in the game make a new one.

that would ruin the point IMO

im pretty sure it was meant for the ones who cant get p20 and still want a uberz ship

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Dr Junkie
Level: 2230

Guitarmanliam wrote:

that would ruin the point IMO

im pretty sure it was meant for the ones who cant get p20 and still want a uberz ship

Yes you imbecile idiot with a spoon for a brain. Of course it was meant for that purpose.

But instead of punishing the people who spent 20 bill in augs on this ship for a double mistake that the admins made (look below) own up the fact that you screwed up. Make the ship tech 20, and make a NEW Ur ruin ship thats tech 19. Its most fair for everyone involved.

(Mistake 1: Making the stats like that. Mistake 2: Realising the stats were wrong at the beginning of this uni, yet still waiting 6 weeks before acting on it).

Those who got it at lvl 250 (pilot 19) will most likely allready have lvled past 500.
Those who bought it in item form, waiting to use it when they reach lvl 250...well they will have an uber ship for when they reach lvl 500 and pilot 20.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:32 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Problem with making it tech 20, however, is that you can then use Expertise augs on it. And even for a tech 20 ship, the stats are still a bit overboard for its price.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:22 pm
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

And if you are adding Urqa stuffs, add a Tech 5, 10, 16 and 19 one aswell.

And give em all 4 augslots.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:39 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7713

i just dont think its right that a ship i have spent a total of almost 20 bil in getting and augging should be made useless overnight... shit like this is what makes people quit...

O rly??? NO SHIT, guess why Mauty and countless others left... getting nerfed way too many times is not fun.
Anyway, the ship is broken, so give it 35% in all, 60% in laser, -35% in heat and leave it alone... and don't reset the augs, why should they get special treatment. AND GET MY FUCKING SLAVE OUT OF THE STATION

I have reasons for why I do things.

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:56 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

The ship is broken... The admins said at the start of the uni it would be nerfed... If people still went and spent 20b of augs on it, tough... Besides, they don't want to obliterate it, just make it so its not on par if not stronger than a panther or DS...

Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:07 am
Main: Comet Chaser
Level: 2441

I understand the frustration and comments from all sides - having just spent X bil that I can't really afford on one for an alt (who was to be my pimped DG char) this does seem to fall into the class of "if you want it, it'll get nerfed". Also, some of us weren't around / privy to any discussions over it being nerfed. >.<

Then again, if its broke, fix it. 4 aug ships seem to be the most unbalanced in the game anyhow - DS / Ukuk and no doubt the UZ ships when they come in. I think that ANY 4 aug ship should be like the Rosy etc, with a fixed state aug rather than the choice to install 2 sup 2 exec etc. In fact, I'd argue for only 1 comb aug / ship, but that's a different thread.

Meh - the real problem I think was making the wrong class of ruin extract for it. Some players have pulled a lot of these from ruins, cashed in at 8-10 bil a time (extract 2-3??) and had six weeks of these sales before its being nerfed - and they sold a lot. Please consider making a special set of ruin types that only ever extract 3-5 a uni (so max 1 per week) to prevent this economic imbalance?

p.s. The fact that the highest tec ships ingame - e.g. old skool T20s are now totally bunk compared to T19s is a bit weird.

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:22 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

to be honest these ships are way to good to be tech 19 with a great setup one of these can easily take most tech 20 ships, if it was maybe a lot harder to get i guess they would be okay how they are now but there way to easy to get

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:29 pm

The worst Tech 20 should be an even match for this ship.

The Best tech 20 should rape this ships ass...

Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:05 pm
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

The worst Tech 20 should be an even match for this ship.

The Best tech 20 should rape this ships ass...

I wouldn't say that... I'd put it on par with an izer or pax... the issue is that its got better resists than a panther, same hull space, etc...

Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:00 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Don't know if anyone caught this... but Atlum said he added these ships OVER A YEAR AGO.

That might explain why they're so horridly overpower'd, and in need of a nerf. He didn't add them to the current balancing standards, he added them, forgot about them, and then when they finally surfaced, took a look and realized "wow, I made those WAY too good".

Also, if I'm not mistaken, these ruins were meant to have a cap on the number of items they can produce... the fact that there are THIS many of them in the market is another thing that probably shouldn't have happened.

Fixing them right away would have been the best call for the admins, but regardless, they needed fixed and at least it's better late than never. You might be out some $$, but these cause some serious problems with balance. Just look at Cyphe's post right above mine and that'll explain it all.

Calypso

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:25 am

I say take it out of the Ruin list and make it a Mission attainable ship in the T19 Uber Zone.

Also, we need more acuirable Tech 19 ships. Ships that FIGHTERS can get, people who DG.

Not only for basebuilders. Hell, put some Tech 5/Warp 0, Tech 10/Warp 1, Tech 16/Warp 2, Tech 19/Warp 3 DGs and make some Tech 20 item form ships a chance to drop from wandering ubers like Vigilante, Midas, Grim Reaver and a few others.

But make sure you make NEW ships to do this with, stronger than storebought ships, comparable to Ruin ships and weaker than Base made ships.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:58 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

I disagree, why would this T19 lightfighter be able to compete with basic T20 ships ? That reminds me of the lowly T14 perfect for everything Fire of the Gods...

It would just mean P20 is not that useful after all, until someone gets a DS...

It should be better than a locution (lol) but just under lower T20 ships.

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:08 pm
Main: deadwall
Level: 2053

ok fist i will say i think that shoud both have ther laser resists swaped heat resists lowed to -40 no resist to physical an 40 to all the reast.

neck yes it was to ez to tell a nerf was cuming that is why i did not exstrat that many gast a few cas i needed the cerads and a aug resat wood be nice for any one it is not needed un las it is a BIG BIG chang lick the loming skill chang

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:07 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next