Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Update 4-08
In the last couple weeks I've continued to work on the DG's. They are changed so that they are no longer symmetrical. There is now a sizeable bonus to the loot recieved based on how many levels deep the boss is at. Also, I flattened out the probability curve of what you are receiving so that the loot from any one boss will be more random. DG gates will also stay open for 5 minutes instead of 15 seconds. I also added some more items to the drop list and hope to add a lot more so there is more variety.

Added several new admin features, including the ability to center people from the command line, jump to a persons exact location, and the ability to permanently mute a person. Also changed it so that mutes do not apply to whispers, team, or squad chat.

Changed the common aug stats so they are not so crazy. A lot of them got small bonuses to secondary stats, and made a small nerf to exc combo of a few percent points.

I've continued to work on fighter bays and missiles and making good progress on those. Hopefully they will be done soon.

Changed PvP so that there will be no PvP allowed for players less than or equal to level 20, since there has been a lot of uber noobs attacking and griefing new players who are just trying out the game.

Fixed a crash bug.

The memory optimizations mentioned in the last update have been working well on the test server for the last couple weeks, so I think I'm about ready to patch the server with that and everything else mentioned in this update. Probably a very major patch sometime next week.

Also did the finances for March. The number of new users joining has been very nice since I added the new screenshots and graphics all over the web site in February.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:46 am
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4751

Post Re: Update 4-08
JeffL wrote:
Changed PvP so that there will be no PvP allowed for players less than or equal to level 20, since there has been a lot of uber noobs attacking and griefing new players who are just trying out the game.

Unfortunately this makes f2p very powerful. If this extends to PvBase a f2p team can lay an adonis base anywhere and have an immovable presence in it short of bribing/paying for the base's removal. If this change were coupled with a level 21 requirement for adonis gear, however, it may be passable since AI could pose enough of a threat to the level =< 20 bases. It still makes f2p very powerful and could lead to abuse to prevent galaxy ownership.

Very good work overall - glad to see you guys hard at work.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:19 am
Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2205

Limiting adonis to level 21 would be a good move. And the work your doing looks impressive, well done :) .

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:41 am
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

Ty you admins for dooming the p2p's..
Go make tech 9 base kits require lvl 21 to drop or something.
Cus you just created inmortal f2p adonis bases.

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:10 am
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

That PvP thing really is sick dude, you have taken out a huge chunk of the game for their learning experience...you should put a trial on f2p's then there will be no need for ubernoobs....and it isnt the new players they attack, its ppl like Arc Angel that have been f2p for several years, and have zero intention to go p2p. THEY are the ones that need sorting imo

As said before, its going to be hell when new uni's come and you have 100's of f2p's screwing the p2p's over...

Rest is ecellent (apart from exc combi nerf! :twisted: ) well done, and ty for the update

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:23 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

The whole non-PvP thing for low levels is a bit silly as long as they can build bases. I could have a lvl 20 alt build tons of bases with no risk - no ai could kill the adonis bases and players would be unable to attack. I could also use lvl 20 bases to stop ownership of galaxies.

I say make Adonis require level 21 AND make it so low levels may only build in DF10 - galaxies that normally cannot be owned anyway.

But either way, its a bit silly to remove PvP from level 20s. This means that if someone scams you, steals your galaxy, betrays your team, etc. there is no way to get back at them for this. And I've killed ALOT of F2P for attempting (and one successful) scams on mates.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:38 am
Main: Hully
Level: 3812

Whats the new stats on the exc combo? Can anyone post the new stats?

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:52 am
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

The exc combi didnt need a nerf but good work overall anyway

-Minch-

Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:59 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Whats the new stats on the exc combo? Can anyone post the new stats?

They didn't patch the change yet.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:27 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

JeffL wrote:
In the last couple weeks I've continued to work on the DG's. They are changed so that they are no longer symmetrical. There is now a sizeable bonus to the loot recieved based on how many levels deep the boss is at. Also, I flattened out the probability curve of what you are receiving so that the loot from any one boss will be more random. DG gates will also stay open for 5 minutes instead of 15 seconds. I also added some more items to the drop list and hope to add a lot more so there is more variety.

Added several new admin features, including the ability to center people from the command line, jump to a persons exact location, and the ability to permanently mute a person. Also changed it so that mutes do not apply to whispers, team, or squad chat.

beautiful, this was perfect

Quote:
Changed the common aug stats so they are not so crazy. A lot of them got small bonuses to secondary stats, and made a small nerf to exc combo of a few percent points.

WHY!?!?!? it was perfect, it was the SUP combo that wasnt as good!

I've continued to work on fighter bays and missiles and making good progress on those. Hopefully they will be done soon.

Fixed a crash bug.

Quote:
The memory optimizations mentioned in the last update have been working well on the test server for the last couple weeks, so I think I'm about ready to patch the server with that and everything else mentioned in this update. Probably a very major patch sometime next week.

Also did the finances for March. The number of new users joining has been very nice since I added the new screenshots and graphics all over the web site in February.

and garts on new users, thats what we really need

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:29 am
Profile WWW
Team: Phalanx Triarius
Main: Uesugi
Level: 928

JeffL wrote:

so that means if we get muted we can talk in PM team and squad chats, thats beautifull

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:42 am
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Now i can spam team chat too!

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:08 am
Main: Hully
Level: 3812

Very good! New players needed to be safe from those noob bashers. This can result in new players that actualy have a good time learning this game and maybe becoming p2p ppl. However it would be better if that level went to a max of 19 instead of 20.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:16 am
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

Tell me what would u do if a player build a lvl 20 adonis base in ur galaxy next uni and u cant shoot him? move onto the next perfect galaxy?

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:35 am
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8516

yeah, with this change, f2p shouldnt be able to build in over DF 10

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:52 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next