Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

docking sapeed nerfed from 57 to 44

Docking speed doesn't matter if you still have to stop to slow down from going 200+

BAM5992 wrote:
now I get 0% radar, [/size]

Its 50%, not 0%.

BAM5992 wrote:
I never really complain like this,

You seem to complain about every nerf.

BAM5992 wrote:
As I remember you saying when we pmmed "the exc combi will only be 4x better, not 4.2x better, so dont worry about it".

It is now 4x better instead of 4.2x better. You get a tiny bit less dps and better dpe. The other 2 nerfs (-50% Radar, -25% Docking for original stats) are minimal. Radar doesnt matter because once an ai shoots you can see it from across the galaxy. Docking doesn't matter unless you can dock going full speed.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:29 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

I cant see the shots of a bullet now, especially in a dark sun galaxy (cant even see the drops ffs!)

and when there is lag, confusion, a red giant sun effect, and AI su[per push tractors its REALLY hard to get under 44 speed to dock especially when your thrust works faster than the #'s can display the speed

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:47 pm
Profile WWW

Goz I still don't get where you are getting the -0% on your radar. Exc Combo gives +50% and that is enough with an axum radar to see bullets in a dark sun gal. Even with the -25% from sup combos that doesn't equal 0%. I think you should think before posting. Augs don't stack, they multiply.

Also: How many bases are in w3? Maybe at least 10 on both sides. If you are being chased by picks and forgones and other ais I would just try and jump, not dock. Docking is harder then warping ALL of the time.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:57 pm
Profile WWW

jumping form a 6pick 5 bg 1 reaver galaxy to a 3 pick 8 bg 1 "MF pick" galaxy isnt my 1st choice :?

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:18 pm
Profile WWW

It is mine because they don't wait at the warp for you.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:37 am
Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2205

Admins, you where right about the exc combi.. it did need a little nerf, and although quite a few will disagree, you did a good job on that.

Now, the aug extra stats.. it was a nice idea, and i think its worked well.. but the stats need to be decreased abit, and maybe the ai need to lose an aug slot or 2. Other than that, congrats on making warp 3 stronger.. But what you realy need to focus on is making new stronger augs, instead of beefing old ones. And if you read suggestions, Vooms idea is needed as it will be difficult for low levels to level up.

The wieght nerf, ask your self why? I can realy see absolutly no point in it..? Please, enlighten me, and if you can not, put it back in. It makes it so difficult to control heavy items, making people frustrated with the game, and wasting their time. Caly realy needs to be put to its original stats.. it wasn't broken, just a very useful aug with the right stats.. and the right effort/price to get it.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:45 am

I think the exc combi radar nerf was a little to harsh, 100% down to 50%, jeez thats alot

make it 75% imo, that would be a little more fair, or reduce the -% radar on the sup combi :P

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:21 am
Profile WWW
Team: Starborn
Main: Thanar
Level: 1699

I agree with much of Outcast's post above.

1) The Exc Comb nerf was small, fair and needed.

2) I find the changes to the "regular" augs to be somewhat random (I don't see a clear pattern behind the choices made for secondary stats). I'm not sure that the aug stats are useful enough that people will actually use them on ships. The main advantage I see is this: If you're making a ship you'll outgrow soon (or a bunch of slaves), you can aug it cheaply and end up with a better result. The stats aren't (and can't be made) good enough that the normal augs will be used on high end ships. One problem (mentioned in other posts) is the cumulative effect of dmg & RoF boosts on AI strength, especially W3 AI with several augs and more aug tweaking. I'd suggest reducing the number of augs that boost dmg & RoF, as it is too hard to balance W3 AI difficulty with changes like this. W3 can be made harder with tougher AI (that hopefully have a higher level than a BG).

3) The removal of the -weight modifier seems to solve no problem and create a big one: there is now no such thing as a nimble Gelato or Thatch, and the ability to make a nimble Dark Freighter is severely reduced. I have a Thatch that I purposely augged with 5 Adv Good Sardine augs, in order to move large amounts of heavy gear efficiently. Now I am the proud owner of a Thatch with amazing thrust & turning... Granted, I don't often use the ship, but why make that design impossible? What was the problem you were trying to solve? Were nimble thatches and usable Dark Freighters a problem? I can only see the downside to this change, and propose that it be reversed.

Thanar

Last edited by TerryD on Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:51 am
Team: WHO
Main: Leroy78
Level: 3360

now I get 0% radar, and my axum radar is now "as is". Fuck.

There's your problem right there, use a better radar.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:54 am

BAM5992 wrote:
now I get 0% radar, and my axum radar is now "as is". Fuck.

There's your problem right there, use a better radar.

your missing the point, its not about the radar, its about the multipliers that im not getting. These augs cost 15b togther (and my only 2 slots) and for that I expect stat increases ina ll feilds.

befpre the nerf, I had what I wanted (hence, why i chose that setup) but now my radar makes me blind

even when I upgrade to a FT inverto (somtime in the near future) it still wont be "that" much better (radar wise)

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:26 am
Profile WWW
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Get Radar 20 and a Zebra Radar and stop bitching.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:59 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Oya
Level: 3394

Well here are my opinions on a few of the changes

1) -weight change on caly/nimbleness augs to tuning/thrusting
The turning and thrust values may work out alright for a DF/Emp behe when they are empty (tho i've heard some people say they still can't turn as well as they used to) but they will never help as much as a percentage off of the weight when moving large, heavy things which is what those ships are intended for. Also it doesn't help thatches at all to have turning and thrust, obviously. Not sure why this change was made, but i think it needs to be changed back.

2) increased stats on regular augs
With this change you have globally increased the difficulty of AIs, while still leaving these augs mostly unused except for lower or mid level players making a cheap, temporary ship. Warp 3 was already nearly unhuntable unless you were SD/fast sniper or were with a group of other players. I've seen other posts where people claimed that warp 3 was too easy and needed to be made more difficult. Warp 3 wasn't too easy, it was too easy for some high level players. And in that case you need to make parts of w3 harder and more challenging, but also worthwhile.

I saw a suggestion about scaling the AT of ai's by the df of the galaxies, and i think that might work, but i'd rather see some new harder, higher level AI added to the deeper parts of w3 as a new challenge for those higher lvl players.

3) the exc combined aug nerf
I'm still not exactly sure why the exc combi. needed a nerf. What was so broken about it? Or is it simply a step towards pushing players into using other augs than combis on tech 20 ships?
And anyway i was under the impression that it would be a small nerf. How is halving the docking and radar bonuses small? 2-3% off of a few stats is a minor nerf, not 25-50%. I'm okay with the slight decrease in turning, and i can live with the 5% decrease in RoF(even tho it lessens the burst dps i can do with my SD and MF, while still letting snipers 1-2 shot BGs, they just have to wait a little longer to fire again).
A few unis ago, i built a FT fission thrust for my SD izer, specifically so that i could dock at full speed. A convenience that i spent a lot of time and money on, a convenience that i have become accustomed to, and a convience that was quickly taken from me with the exc combi. nerf.

Now, it's not a major thing, but it does get irritating when i try to dock at full speed still only to find out that i can't. Add that to losing out on dps, having AIs that only give me around 5 xp continuing to get harder and harder, not being able to make money dging this uni (i'm not a base building guy) and the frustrations are starting to build up. Oddly enough, my sub expired yesterday after getting a chance to try out some of the changes both on my SD main and my MF alt, and for the first time since starting to play SS, i actually find myself debating whether i want to renew or not. I probably will stick around for a while yet, if only to hang around with my teammates, but there's only so much frustration a player can take before it's no longer enjoyable to play.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:21 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I think some people are complaining, but others think it's just fine. Personally, I really like the aug changes I made because they make the augs more interesting and keep the enemies more challenging. I think the AI's (except for picks) have been too easy for a long time as the players keep getting better and better gear but the AI's haven't gotten any upgrades.

Also, currently there are about 4x more AI in w3 than there are supposed to be because of the messed up way they scaled up with the bigger universe. Next uni space is going to be way more sparse. I think fighting fewer tougher guys is preferable than fighting hordes of easy guys, especially since we have the hordes in our DG's already, and it only takes killing 5 guys to level up anyway. Plus people are going to be getting AT up to 100% where most only had 60% before. I know everyone likes things to be easy, but if it's too easy, then there is no point.

I can reinstate the bonuses on the Caly and sardine augs, since that doesn't really affect combat balance, but that's a different issue.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:08 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next