Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Team: Starborn
Main: Thanar
Level: 1699

Thanks for the reply, JeffL. One other aug to reinstate -weight on: Station Mastery Specialization (used on many slaves).

And it is great to hear about your memory optimizations in this latest patch, that's the kind of tuning that improves the game for everyone.

Thanar

Last edited by TerryD on Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:21 pm
Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2205

Aye, thanks.. i do think youve done a good job on the ais, but the wieght reduction you must bring back.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:26 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

my docking speed was 59, now its 44 and I have SD 20 in a reaver.

isnt that a little too little?

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

I think all augs that had nimble on them should have it brought back. As it is now ships that did have 1mil space could turn at about 1 full rotation in say 2 seconds. Now they have 5mil and get 1/5 a turn in 2 seconds.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7750

My Pax has been nerfed, yea exc combi needed it, but I'm still pissed, cause the unauging option is really impractical and therefore useless. Was really looking forward to something good but 2bil a ship to wash ALL the augs, no way.
Beefed up some augs, good. Beefed AI along with it... just fracking great...
As a Seer I couldn't really kill anything before, now after this I can't do shit. Can't unaug the slaves either cause paying over 10bil to get the augs out and replacements for them is really not too bright, especially considering there is only one aug that needs to go.
Force undock, VERY NICE, my slave got fixed woot, too bad it's worthless.
Just another day in sniper sonata I suppose...
There is all this talk about balancing the content and etc cause players are getting too strong... Can anyone name a non-sniper really strong player?? Well can you??? Didn't think so.. oh and SD don't come close.. crap shields and dps that last for 5 seconds is not the definition of stong.. ok? alrigh..
Lets take the usual sniper build from 90% of the games:
Has long range,
Low rof,
High damage,
Really weak,
Not very agile,
Not very fast,
Camouflaged.
Sniper in SS:
REALLY high damage,
Long range,
Second best shielded class,
Really agile,
Can cloak good,
Has good tracking,
Most builds negate the speed penalty all together.
And a really good DPE on top of it all.
So sniper should probably loose the zerker and FA, possibly replace sniper with MF on the skill tree.

Most will probably whine and moan etc, those will be the snipers... everyone else can probably see the problem...

Sidenote: I miss the days when I first joined, there were only like 10ds in the game, only a chosen few had w20. Main DPS was that of a MF, everything required a team effort(1sniper + 2monks != team). There were all sorts of classes flying around using all kinds of weapons. Now we got DS and urqa ships shooting torps and MDs. I really miss those times=(

Enough moan, thanks for getting my slave unstuck.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:43 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Oya
Level: 3394

I don't understand why anyone thinks that ai need to be made harder. When some players start progressing to a point where killing BGs, forgones, and picks is too easy, making all ai's harder isn't the answer. It doesn't making things interesting and challenging. It might make things a little challenging for those top tier players that can 1 shot ai's, though it's not very interesting to STILL be killing BGs, picks, and forgones. And for new and upcoming players it just makes things much harder on them. If you continue to keep beefing AIs and nerfing players everytime that the top tier SS players can kill warp 3 ais "too easily", then you're just going to make a larger and larger gap between these top tier players and all the lower players trying to reach that point until eventually all newer players are just going to hit a wall and not be able to progress any more. If warp 3 is becoming "too easy", then i think you need to add new harder, higher lvl ai, not make the current ones harder. The uber zone was a great addition and a step in the right direction, but perhaps there needs to be more uber zones added or even just new ai's added to the deeper parts of warp 3, i don't know. I just think that making current content harder is going about things the wrong way.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:20 pm
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3908

I agree with Fry. If you listen to the top players with all the rare and expensive gear of course mere w3 is going to be too easy.

But those guys are not the main part of the player base and can easily be accomodated in uber galaxies.

Jeff you need to consider the mid level guys (level400-600) without maxed out skills struggling in the lower reaches of w3, without the maxed skills, or the uber gear.
Caelestis is currently working on getting RM so that those guys can get P20. But currently those guys cannot even get NEAR to RM without being slaughtered by the AI in the galaxies on the way there.
I invite you to spawn a Porp adjust you skills to an average level 500 (remembering to save some for p20 :) ) with average gear for the level and see if you can get there without getting monstered by the AI

I promise to come and cheer you on (probably from my pod :D )

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:52 am
Profile YIM
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

I think some people are complaining, but others think it's just fine. Personally, I really like the aug changes I made because they make the augs more interesting and keep the enemies more challenging. I think the AI's (except for picks) have been too easy for a long time as the players keep getting better and better gear but the AI's haven't gotten any upgrades.

Also, currently there are about 4x more AI in w3 than there are supposed to be because of the messed up way they scaled up with the bigger universe. Next uni space is going to be way more sparse. I think fighting fewer tougher guys is preferable than fighting hordes of easy guys, especially since we have the hordes in our DG's already, and it only takes killing 5 guys to level up anyway. Plus people are going to be getting AT up to 100% where most only had 60% before. I know everyone likes things to be easy, but if it's too easy, then there is no point.

I can reinstate the bonuses on the Caly and sardine augs, since that doesn't really affect combat balance, but that's a different issue.

DG's are also a lot harder though. I have no problem fighting a few tough guys as opposed to a swarm of weaker guys but if you're going to increase the overall difficulty of dgs as well you should adjust the reward too. I agree that if things are too easy there is no point. But would you not also agree that if every time players achieve something only to have the difficulty gobally cranked up a notch, that there is *also* no point in achievement? Your progress simply stagnates as a player and you can never move on to bigger and better challenges until you overcome the nerfs, only to face yet another nerf.

There are already areas that are significantly harder than warp 3. Serengeti, iq'bana, the dg ubers (dark curse, barbe), and the wandering w3 ubers are already in place, but the end result of this change is that every single thing from lv 30 rossfires to the mad scientist have been dramatically upscaled in difficulty. Should mad scientist really take 3 battle thatches, a panther, 6 shield monkeys, and 45 minutes to kill? You need to make a lot of adjustments now to every single uber or give us a way to kill something in a *reasonable* ammount of time with a *reasonable* ammount of resources...

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:59 am

Interesting.
My Pax has been nerfed, yea exc combi needed it, but I'm still pissed, cause the unauging option is really impractical and therefore useless. Was really looking forward to something good but 2bil a ship to wash ALL the augs, no way.
Beefed up some augs, good. Beefed AI along with it... just fracking great...
As a Seer I couldn't really kill anything before, now after this I can't do shit. Can't unaug the slaves either cause paying over 10bil to get the augs out and replacements for them is really not too bright, especially considering there is only one aug that needs to go.
Force undock, VERY NICE, my slave got fixed woot, too bad it's worthless.
Just another day in sniper sonata I suppose...
There is all this talk about balancing the content and etc cause players are getting too strong... Can anyone name a non-sniper really strong player?? Well can you??? Didn't think so.. oh and SD don't come close.. crap shields and dps that last for 5 seconds is not the definition of stong.. ok? alrigh..
Lets take the usual sniper build from 90% of the games:
Has long range,
Low rof,
High damage,
Really weak,
Not very agile,
Not very fast,
Camouflaged.
Sniper in SS:
REALLY high damage,
Long range,
Second best shielded class,
Really agile,
Can cloak good,
Has good tracking,
Most builds negate the speed penalty all together.
And a really good DPE on top of it all.
So sniper should probably loose the zerker and FA, possibly replace sniper with MF on the skill tree.

Most will probably whine and moan etc, those will be the snipers... everyone else can probably see the problem...

Sidenote: I miss the days when I first joined, there were only like 10ds in the game, only a chosen few had w20. Main DPS was that of a MF, everything required a team effort(1sniper + 2monks != team). There were all sorts of classes flying around using all kinds of weapons. Now we got DS and urqa ships shooting torps and MDs. I really miss those times=(

Enough moan, thanks for getting my slave unstuck.

I love you, ive always wanted to say that, ya beat me to it :P

also, what fry said is totally true, and justlike global warming:

"its happening even when we arent [online] and it going to get exponentially worse"

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:09 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:50 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

Why did speed augs get such a beef. THey ahve as much RoF bonus as a firing aug now plus the amount of speed was way beefed adn they are more agile and ahe better tracking. As a SD in a DS I would think that you should be able to outrun or out manouver most, not all, but most regular ai, however, now 6/8 bgs are faster, 90% of picks (those with more than one heph are slower still) and a good number of forgies (though not nearly as many as the others) are WELL faster.

Case point: SD DS goes 231, 6 lvl 1000 BGs go 260, 6 lvl 1000 BGs shoot 20 titan pulse per second, SD DS DIES. BTW this is DF 180 dg... nothing that one of the best skills in one of the best ships shouldn't be able to handle wth one of the "better" players of the game,

Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:56 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

They should just reduce the amount of augs high level ai have

Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:23 pm
Profile YIM

Why did speed augs get such a beef. THey ahve as much RoF bonus as a firing aug now plus the amount of speed was way beefed adn they are more agile and ahe better tracking. As a SD in a DS I would think that you should be able to outrun or out manouver most, not all, but most regular ai, however, now 6/8 bgs are faster, 90% of picks (those with more than one heph are slower still) and a good number of forgies (though not nearly as many as the others) are WELL faster.

Case point: SD DS goes 231, 6 lvl 1000 BGs go 260, 6 lvl 1000 BGs shoot 20 titan pulse per second, SD DS DIES. BTW this is DF 180 dg... nothing that one of the best skills in one of the best ships shouldn't be able to handle wth one of the "better" players of the game,

6 lvl 1000 BG's as 1st level, super MF slumber (830) a boss. wtf?

I ran into a MF bg boss the other day in DF 209, it was fubar

its lasers had 2300 range and shot every o.6 seconds (2 of them, remember that) and did about 1500 a hit (togthter).

its mags (both of em) had 3500 range and did 700 dmg a shot each

its pulses shot like a pellet stream without end at 1300 range

after I died, I was 4k from the warp, but flying there (237 speed) he got me down to 4k, from 24k with a combo of mags, lasers, and pulses

Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Journey
Main: Journeyman
Level: 2413

Apparently although there is no pvp in warp 0 for f2p's, it is still possible for level 21's to 30's to attack f2p's.

Doesnt this defeat the whole point of the change to pvp? there are plenty of people willing to make level 25 alts to kill f2p's, this makes the nerf to f2p pvp completely pointless. also, with the new base restrictions it means that no f2p can build a base anywhere that stands the smallest chance of survival against pvp'ers.

Was this intended? because if it was then im having trouble seeing what possible value it poses or the whole point in doing that part of the patch in the first place.

Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:03 pm
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Just make it so 21-30 P2P cant attack level 19 and under...

But seriously, that needs to be fixed.

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:56 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next