Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

WHAT!!! it costed me years to get all the stuff to be uber f2p dumbass noob and now ur stopping pvp for f2ps that would be so borign im already bored by the game sometimes but now its like really boring. Ares is far to weak i can take it that adonis goes to p2ps but u should make ares a lot better.

Good.

Now you can either go P2P or shut the fuck up and quit.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:10 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Any news on Capital Ships yet? Like an ETA or something? I have been looking forward to them for a long time now.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:29 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Any news on Capital Ships yet? Like an ETA or something? I have been looking forward to them for a long time now.

They aren't even on the plate at the moment, don't expect anything anytime soon.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:59 am
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

Thijs12b wrote:
WHAT!!! it costed me years to get all the stuff to be uber f2p dumbass noob and now ur stopping pvp for f2ps that would be so borign im already bored by the game sometimes but now its like really boring. Ares is far to weak i can take it that adonis goes to p2ps but u should make ares a lot better.

You are probably one of the reasons the rules are changing. There should be no "uber" f2p.

Everyone strives to better themselves, playing a game with no limits, f2p or p2p, ppl will aim to be the best in their field...if p2p's could only get a max lvl of 1k, ppl would make sure they had the best gear, skills, and know-how on being the best..same for the f2p's. whats the point in being mediocre? there is none...if you want to play a game for a long time, you will seek out the best way to stay on top, and without any form of limit, they will seek out the best way to become an uber f2p, whether thats what's intended or not...

As for the PvP rules, i think >12 there should be limited, or no PvP, as is, i think a lvl 11 can attack a lvl 1. this imo is wrong...a lvl 11 should have a +/- 2 lvl rtange making it so they can shoot lvl 9 through to 13...lvl 12-10>13, lvl 13-11?17 and so on...Pre lvl 10's are the newbies and should be protected.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:40 am
Team: Imperium
Main: crop octagon
Level: 6127

Without adonis, f2p bases wouldnt survive at all... but without pvp... ares is just fine... infact ares without any pvp is even MORE impossible to kill... LOL nice one.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:52 am
Main: Apotheosis
Level: 1360

Ok I can now see why the timer on DG gates is gonna be increased and realise its actually a pretty good idea.

I think the idea of limiting pvp for f2p in only w0 is also a good idea. But after w1+ the current rules should apply. Also they should only be allowed to build in DF10. This is crucial otherwise they would spam every w0 galaxy on uni reset and restrict the real players from having fun.

EDIT: Oh and all you leeching 'uber' f2p who have spent years on creating the ultimate f2p pvper need to go p2p or fuck off. F2p is a trial, not a alternative to paying. So stop whining and go cut some grass.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:54 pm
Main: SerjicalStrike2
Level: 2683

EDIT: Oh and all you leeching 'uber' f2p who have spent years on creating the ultimate f2p pvper need to go p2p or fuck off. F2p is a trial, not a alternative to paying. So stop whining and go cut some grass.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:52 pm
Team: Phalanx Triarius
Main: Uesugi
Level: 928

id say let f2pers have pvp only in w1 and w2 and w3 but w0 DF 10 cant be pvped with under lvl 20 so let them build in DF 10 ares bases

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:15 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

If you prevent level 20s from pvp dont let them build bases because they will go build their bases in someones galaxy preventing them from owning it while a sheld monky heals it... I miss the old days when I owned a galaxy with 5 ambro level 20 bases

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:27 pm
Team: The Journey
Main: Journeyman
Level: 2413

As a well known f2p, Im fully expecting a torrent of verble abuse for even bothering to post here, but this is honestly one of the worst ideas for changes to the f2p system that i have ever heard of.

Problems:

1. As already mentioned, if there was no f2p pvp then a f2p could easily go round at the start of the uni and lay as many bases in as many galaxies they can, if you build an ares base well enough, a few minor elec, shield augs etc, have a group of about 4 they can usually survive most agro ai, i garruntee you would get people just spamming bases to get people to pay them to move.

2. You propose that this will make the free trial better for new players, I fail to see how it can even be classed as a full trial anymore when one of the largest advertised aspects of the game is missing, SS is advertised as a PvP game, among other things, people starting want to experience the pvp, its a big part of deciding wether this game is worthy of their money.

3. Again as mentioned before, this would make it so that f2p's could do practically anything they wanted without fear of retribution, such as ninja looting, scamming, flaming or the above mentioned spamming of bases, if this doesnt make the f2p haters smash their monitors in anger i dont know what will.

Overall what you are doing is making the game easier for the long time f2p who now dont need to bother making strong fighter alts or big defenses, while you are making the trial a lot worse for new players who wont get to try out one of the things they are probably most eager to test, lets face it SS isnt exactly the leading game in graphics, one of the best aspects is the unique pvp and fighting style, if they cant see this then what sets this game apart from any other?

Suggestions

1. Instead of absolutely no pvp for f2p's, maybe make is so that only level 15-20 have pvp, this prevents all the truly new players from being griefed but it still allows them to experience what they came for

2. I have no problem with adonis being made p2p only, as long as ares is considerably beefed to around 30%-60% of the current regular adonis stats, this way it can still survive the ai but is in no way to powerful for a trial member.

3. To prevent the spamming of bases, now this is one of the biggest issues that people have taken with this, a possible fix if you choose the level 15-20 only pvp system would be that it requires level 15 or above in order to build a base outside a DF10 galaxy, this would still allow low levels to build bases but it would prevent f2p's from being able to spam bases in other galaxies to prevent them being owned by a team.

These are by no means perfect fixes, but i honestly think they are a lot more rational and loical for both new players and p2p's then simply having no f2p pvp whatsoever.

And as a last note, I know it is fairly obvious that i will have a biased oppinion on this seeing as i have invested most of my SS life attempting to invent new and better fighter characters, but in no way does that effect the value of the above suggestions.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:34 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

There is no such thing as fair PvP when one player started two days ago and the oth started three months ago and is full of artifact gear and the best augs he can have. Either there needs to be no PvP or else a short time limit on the trial. Uber noobs griefing real noobs may be fun for the sadistically inclined, but it doesn't really help anyone else.

With no PvP limited to w0, I think the effects on higher level playes will be minimal. There can still be retribution outside w0.

If the no PvP was only levels 15-20, then we would just have a bunch of uber level 14's that go around killing people. Doesn't help.

And if you think Ares needs to be considerably beefed, then obviously spamming bases wouldn't be a problem. You can only complain about one or the other, but not both. =)

Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:41 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

There is no such thing as fair PvP when one player started two days ago and the oth started three months ago and is full of artifact gear and the best augs he can have. Either there needs to be no PvP or else a short time limit on the trial. Uber noobs griefing real noobs may be fun for the sadistically inclined, but it doesn't really help anyone else.

With no PvP limited to w0, I think the effects on higher level playes will be minimal. There can still be retribution outside w0.

If the no PvP was only levels 15-20, then we would just have a bunch of uber level 14's that go around killing people. Doesn't help.

And if you think Ares needs to be considerably beefed, then obviously spamming bases wouldn't be a problem. You can only complain about one or the other, but not both. =)

What about if PvP was disabled for f2p accounts less than 1 month old, but enabled after that...

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:05 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

That's not a bad idea, but then we are pandering to people who have been f2p for a long time which doesn't seem necessary. If long time f2p's want to spam bases, all they will have to do is make a new account every month and move their equipment over, which would just unnecessarily take up names.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:46 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

which would just unnecessarily take up names.

...and server space. There should be a time limit so that f2p accounts can be deleted and space given to do more stuff.

I'm starting to hate the no load protection feature.

Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:01 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next