Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

Post Content Update, 4/08
I have been working on a few things recently, so I will detail them in this post.

First, the Nexus Revamp is coming along. This should make the lower level game much easier for newer players and hopefully raise the appeal of paying to play even further. This includes a few lower level item sets as well as drastically reducing the difficulty of some lower level areas.

Second, Rumble 3 and Rumble Mumble are getting revamped. Rumble Mumble will be getting a lock that will not allow level 20 ships inside the galaxy. The skill will become mission based so people with very good level 19 ships cannot simply farm for other players and sell the skill. The difficulty will be drastically reduced as well. Anyone who wants to get Piloting 20 will have to be there and have to do the mission. Along with that there will also be a short mission chain to lead to a very primative level 20 ship. This ship is intended to help players out as they work towards getting a better high level ship. Players that already have Piloting 20 will still be able to get this ship, but it will be far inferior to anything they probably already are using.

Rumble 3 is going to be revamped in a similar fashion, a level lock on the gate preventing any ship over level 17 in, and the difficulty will be reduced to compensate for the lack of high level friends with good ships doing it for you. Ideally both these areas should take a group of three to five players with the maximum ship level allowed in.

Finally, I have been working on adding the next batch of Ancient Ruin gear. I am open to any good player suggestions on new items they would like to see added to the Ancient Ruins.

Caelestis

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:49 am
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:54 am
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:58 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Along with that there will also be a short mission chain to lead to a very primative level 20 ship.

Could you tell us the stats already? :D

Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:56 pm
Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

I've always wanted to get piloting 20 :), good work Cael

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:01 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Something cool for the Bule race could be a small (2 size or so) tech 20 item that would create create somewhat of an anti-electron storm. It would cover an area similar to that of a Mzungu obfuscater (sp?), but provide a positive increase in vis of about 800. The usage of these would be nice for a Seer. So if there is a pesky stealth fighter in PvP, the Seer could use a stealth ship to locate said person without being detected, then activate this item to up the vis over the area for allies to continue fire on the enemy. The lit up area should last for about 6 seconds with a 10 second cool-down on the item. Call it something like "Bule Abada Instant Flare Kit".

Sure, it wouldn't be useful for everyone, but would go along with the stealth aspect of the race and be pretty cool.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:56 pm
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Something cool for the Bule race could be a small (2 size or so) tech 20 item that would create create somewhat of an anti-electron storm. It would cover an area similar to that of a Mzungu obfuscater (sp?), but provide a positive increase in vis of about 800. The usage of these would be nice for a Seer. So if there is a pesky stealth fighter in PvP, the Seer could use a stealth ship to locate said person without being detected, then activate this item to up the vis over the area for allies to continue fire on the enemy. The lit up area should last for about 6 seconds with a 10 second cool-down on the item. Call it something like "Bule Abada Instant Flare Kit".

Sure, it wouldn't be useful for everyone, but would go along with the stealth aspect of the race and be pretty cool.

Would completly kill the sense of The Dark, but nice idea

Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:00 pm

They could probably easily enough make it not work in that one galaxy. But if you are Bule class level 20, a class you cannot change back, its doubtful you would go said class just for RADAR 20 and be stuck with it.

Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:16 pm
Team: WHO
Main: Leroy78
Level: 3360

Seers can see the AI anyway, so if the item is seer only, what harm will it do?

Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:30 pm
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:03 am

Yeh. A tech 20 version of the BSS would be my choice for my Seer's ship.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:01 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

I forgot to think before posting! I'm almost like Goz

Last edited by Golfman560 on Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

I would actually have to say something lower tech then 20. As of now all the good ancient ruin gear is high end. Why can't there be gear for tech 15, 10, and 5?

Why would there be? The low level players can't really afford to raise the skill up anyways so whats the point... Anything under tech 15 is just for show...

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:48 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Yeah that and I forgot Engimatic Sector is w3 and needs some hard ais to be beaten.

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:54 pm
Profile WWW