Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

Why is a Tech 3 Light Fighter as big as a Tech 3 light freigtor?

Same thing with the Panther/Pax....And the Hotrod/Enforcer...

Things in this game are not even REMOTELY to scale, i hate it in a game where a freightor and fighter are the same size.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:37 pm
Main: deadwall
Level: 2053

Test server is for testing new content and features, not for players to try out different setups so they will know what to use on the live server.

Voom has a point, but ... wot if they make a base to sell the gear before they make or change it in the real server. That way it can be tested and balanced before u put it in and get people upset for augging a ship and getting it nerfed. Then people wont be able to complain if they didn't test it.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:43 pm
Team: Wraiths
Main: Trev_Light
Level: 94

al the games not to scale. i can under stand if size and distances are a diferent scale. and i understand making the stars smaller. can can you at least make thinks to scale wiht there owntype (ships should be to scale wiht ships and distance to scale with distances)

oh and how much is one distance unit ingame. as a reference saturn should be about 4 times( or was it 40?) as far from the sun as earth.

Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:24 pm
Main: deadwall
Level: 2053

al the games not to scale. i can under stand if size and distances are a diferent scale. and i understand making the stars smaller. can can you at least make thinks to scale wiht there owntype (ships should be to scale wiht ships and distance to scale with distances)

oh and how much is one distance unit ingame. as a reference saturn should be about 4 times( or was it 40?) as far from the sun as earth.

:roll: trev get a life IT IS A GAME scale is not inportint

Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:33 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Shukhov Yimlevsky
Level: 4739

someone (SomethingLikeMe?) calculated how much 1 distance was based on the distance between the earth and the sun, also found out that at something like speed 27 you're pushing the speed of light... so yeah i'd say as long as distance work balance-wise i don't care about how scientifically accurate my gaming experience is, not like it's going to affect my understanding of the universe.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:13 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

Does the improvment on torps work with thoraxes as well ? Yesterday on the live server my neutron bomb missed 50% of the time at least...

Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:23 pm
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

I tried out the torps with an OS torp 2, they seem to hit ais much better, but only 3 out of 10 shots hit a base.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:02 pm
Team: Wraiths
Main: Trev_Light
Level: 94

Trev_lite wrote:

someone (SomethingLikeMe?) calculated how much 1 distance was based on the distance between the earth and the sun, also found out that at something like speed 27 you're pushing the speed of light... so yeah i'd say as long as distance work balance-wise i don't care about how scientifically accurate my gaming experience is, not like it's going to affect my understanding of the universe.

remember that time is scaled in the game to so that 4 seconds real life = 1 hour in game. so did you factor taht in...

Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:43 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The new collision stuff I added for torpedo's only checks if the torpedo didn't collide with anything normally, then it traces back alon the path of the last movement to see if there's anything there. So if you have a base that you're shooting at that's attached to a planet or right in front of a sun, the shots can end up colliding with the solar body behind the base instead. If you shoot at an angle so that there's nothing behind the base, you should get 100% hits.

Also, since it moves and then traces back, if you're shooting a lot, it might look like they are going through, but really they are just going a little past and then if you look, you will see that they disappear and an explosion shows up on the thing you're targetting.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:38 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

The new collision stuff I added for torpedo's only checks if the torpedo didn't collide with anything normally, then it traces back alon the path of the last movement to see if there's anything there. So if you have a base that you're shooting at that's attached to a planet or right in front of a sun, the shots can end up colliding with the solar body behind the base instead. If you shoot at an angle so that there's nothing behind the base, you should get 100% hits.

Also, since it moves and then traces back, if you're shooting a lot, it might look like they are going through, but really they are just going a little past and then if you look, you will see that they disappear and an explosion shows up on the thing you're targetting.

Just makes it look like its tearing right through the hull of the target. =D

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:50 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: HellSpreader
Level: 5789

I'm sorry but I feel it's broken when there isn't a weapon in the game capable of killing someone...

NB has his new FAST sniper DS (3 Sup 1 Exc combo) and its increadibly fast...

I asked the Torps hit rate to be fixed which it has been, however now the admins seem to have reduced the speed of the Torps.

I have gone from catching but never hitting, to potentially hitting but never catching.

The jiji is useless against his DS, I simply can't catch him to hit him with my MD and no other weapon is really good enough.

I just think its broken when only bases can kill someone.

(Grumble over)

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:39 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Hi all,

I'm sorry but I feel it's broken when there isn't a weapon in the game capable of killing someone...

I asked the Torps hit rate to be fixed which it has been, however now the admins seem to have reduced the speed of the Torps.

I have gone from catching but never hitting, to potentially hitting but never catching.

The jiji is useless against his DS, I simply can't catch him to hit him with my MD and no other weapon is really good enough.

I just think its broken when only bases can kill someone.

(Grumble over)

So you expect you should be able to kill everyone why? Because you're you? NB is using a better ship than you with better gear than you... Deal with it... His ship is specifically designed with pvp in mind, I doubt yours is...

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:32 am
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

(Grumble over)

that sounds SO SEXY!!!! i bet his range/tracking is crazy!! ehh his radar, but who cares!! he could sooo solo sputty

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:42 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

The Insane wrote:
(Grumble over)

that sounds SO SEXY!!!! i bet his range/tracking is crazy!! ehh his radar, but who cares!! he could sooo solo sputty

yea, good everything, but bad regens..... (sheild regen for example) and his radar is in the negatives

and it cost alot also (3 sup combi ffs!)

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

his radar is in the negatives

Uhm, no

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:31 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next