Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Now on the Test Server
A bunch of small speed optimizations which have hopefully not broken anything -- let me know if you see anything bad

and

A trial change to the base and drone target selection code where it no longer cares about how much shields the target has. Instead it only cares about how much damage it can inflict and how much it hates the different potential targets. One particular thing that needs to be tested is the balance between healing and attacking for bases and drones in selecting their targets. let me know if you guys think this is a positive change or not. I can easily put it back to the way it was.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:46 am
Profile WWW
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

All what I noticed is that all my mining slaves died because my bases kept firing their mags and it takes a long time for the mags to kill the ai.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:15 am
Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

Would still be nice with more customizable bases. Perhaps just an option when using magcannons, to use magcannons 33% of the time, 33% base laser, 33% shield trans, so the base rotates the three weps.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:37 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

personally, i would use dung pellets 2[dynamic] :P

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:21 am
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Milo
Level: 509

Would still be nice with more customizable bases. Perhaps just an option when using magcannons, to use magcannons 33% of the time, 33% base laser, 33% shield trans, so the base rotates the three weps.

At point blank you wont wana use a laser if it does less DPS than a mag (Which it probably does). And at long range you dont wana use your laser. And when there's noone friendly around to heal you DEFINETELY dont want to heal.

I like the old AI system when I attack an AI and it keeps cycling targets. Jeff do you mean that there's gonna be hate more specific than personal for AI? Hopefully this can solve drone spamming too, but I'm too lazy to get my drones/bases on test to test it out. Sounds good

Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:28 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

I played around a little bit with it. I tried using mobile pests and lightnings to take out a base. I found that the base liked the lightnings more then the pests.

I can see where with the new base system... even if someone had a slave this could be an issue. With as strong as base pulses and mags have become, shield bank boosts, as well as all around stat boosts. Coupled with people using more drones in their gals... I see this as more of a negative change making it even harder to take out bases.

Personally, I would change it back to where it takes shields into account. With the new base beefs, Sup Lasers, drones, Drone Ops... ect; I would think that a person could build a well defended gal that could destroy drones/slaves people spam.

On the other hand, as an avid base builder... I can really understand why your doing this. My only problem is, with the variety of methods someone can protect a gal with now...(and it wouldn't hurt to have a few more)... simply:

The Bottom Line:
I think the negative out weighs the benifits in this one. For the time being, keep the old system.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:35 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

The old system has lots of sqrt's and divides in it which is what's mainly prompting the change.

I am starting test up again with slightly changed code that gives higher priority to healing the lower the percentage your allied possessions are. Hopefully this will fix the problem with the mining slaves not getting healed.

Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

The old system has lots of sqrt's and divides in it which is what's mainly prompting the change.

I am starting test up again with slightly changed code that gives higher priority to healing the lower the percentage your allied possessions are. Hopefully this will fix the problem with the mining slaves not getting healed.

What about with mining slaves getting healed even when they're not taking damage, as per my base in emp bio...

Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:42 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

I don't see the base in emp biology doing any healing. Does it still have a healing weapon on it?

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

I don't see the base in emp biology doing any healing. Does it still have a healing weapon on it?

No, and thats why I removed it =)

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:19 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

I'm going to patch this new code onto the real server unless anyone see's anything else wrong with it. Has any DM given it a try?

Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:54 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

does this mean abses attack the "strongest" player, and not the one with the least sheilds?

if so, can you do the ame for AI (considering that have the same starting hate factor)

Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

I'm going to patch this new code onto the real server unless anyone see's anything else wrong with it. Has any DM given it a try?

I'm sorry to say I haven't tried your new code yet.

I do have a question tho. If the ships are the same type, i.e., damage dealer or healer, will the drones and bases still attack the healer or damage dealer with the least shields? I hope so as it is imperative to remove as many of the opposition as possible as fast as possible.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:37 pm
Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

I havent really tried it out. But im gonna ask anyway. If 5 people are fighting your bases, and one of these 5 peeps have 2 shields left, Will the bases then ignore said player, since they can only do a max of 2 damage to them?

Tue May 01, 2007 3:00 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next