Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:01 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

so when does the new class system come in?

Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:56 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Post Re: Next Universe
Caelestis wrote:
The reset is a little rushed for me, but I am hard at work to make sure that most of what I wanted in will make it. This is what you can expect to see.

First, Rumble Mumble has been entirely revamped. The galaxy is ship tech locked at 19 (no ship tech 20 in there), the skill is now mission based (you can only get commod drops if you need them), and the galaxy has been made much, much easier. There is also a special 'named' semi-uber in there to help combat the looming threat of Suqqa Ukuk's dominating the zone.

Along with piloting 20 being made much easier for the normal non-twinked alt community, leveling up your skill will also unlock a mission chain that leads to a very unique new tech 20 ship to 'hold you over' until you get your first Pax or Equanimizer.

All UrQa spawners have been updated to use a specialized UrQa names list I created.

I spent some time working on the Nexus, and I will rush to get it finished. Already completed is the Cadet Gear set as well as a new low level pirate galaxy, Brigand's Stronghold. Expect to see a full set of Prototype Blue items, a low level pirate token system, and a few extra missions in as well. Overall, you should leave the Nexus very well equipped.

If I find the time, I will also try to get Rumble 3 revamped in the same nature as I have Rumble Mumble. If not, expect that to be finished first thing next universe.

Caelestis

GO CAELESTIS, dont bother posting it takes up too much valuable working time XD get back to your cage *whip cracks*

nah but i only dissagree with the P20 thing you said that your adding some boss thing for those people in the new urqa ships, what about those of us without them :P

Tue May 01, 2007 5:04 am
Team: pantalones
Main: Jondor
Level: 456

the changes sound good to me cuase now i can get p20 easier and i get a t20 ship :D

also i think mumble is getting an uber that will make ukuks more vulnerable and is not meant as a special uber for people with the bana ships. people will be able to fight the uber in any ship just it probably uses heat weps mostly.

if you add micron too it sounds good to me

ps. how many unis til we get capitol ships?

Tue May 01, 2007 5:38 am
Team: Cerberus
Main: * Moridin *
Level: 506

Sounds great cael, but one question, why are you working so much on the low lvl aspect of the game? Do you really think the f2p deserve to have more benefits then they alrdy have? Why not work on the higher lvl part of the game, like adding more variety to w3 or adding more Ubers for certain skill?

I think your missing the point. The game is being engineered to make it more fun not make it just for uber players. Especially when I start my new alts. The game is not for power it is for fun. keyword = fun :lol:

Tue May 01, 2007 11:08 am
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

the more fun it is for lvs 0-400, the better :D

Wed May 02, 2007 1:54 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The low level stuff is the most important, since that's when people decide if they like the game or not and if they want to stay and pay. =)

Wed May 02, 2007 2:16 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Can you at least put in Micron and update it once its finished?

Wed May 02, 2007 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

Micron is still being worked on, and we should have it live sometime next universe. It is an extremely large project and involves hundreds of items, and a great deal of work overall. This zone also needs a great deal of fine tuning to make sure getting Engines 20 is a challenging yet satisfying endeavor. The moment it is done, we will have it live.

Jeff L wrote:
The low level stuff is the most important, since that's when people decide if they like the game or not and if they want to stay and pay. =)

That is the reason I have been working on making the 'newbie' game much friendlier. Sucking the player into the game at the beginning is what gets them to stay, and pay to keep going. And more paying players means a better game overall. Not to mention motivation for the devs :)

Caelestis

Wed May 02, 2007 7:02 pm
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

I'd much rather see more advertising, SS at the beginning is freaking amazing unless you get 400 P2Pers slobbering on you to go P2P and when you don't they piss you off

More adverts that look cool bring people in

maybe even use some subliminal advertising.

Wed May 02, 2007 7:05 pm
Profile WWW

maybe even use some subliminal advertising.

Or we could make legal adware? Or hack Google and make every search result that has an S in it come up with Star Sonata (It's possible)

SS Power!

Wed May 02, 2007 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

and subliminal advertising is legal :P

Wed May 02, 2007 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

just get coca cola to sponsor you, bring out a new line of gear with coke in its name.....im not saying it has to be good lol

just a coke can looking ship and random shit like that, a few tweaks that make ur energy +5000 XD workers can have a bonus if they run on both coke and rations new commodity coke, an energy that runs on coke :P

Sun May 06, 2007 5:50 am

coke

a.k.a. CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun May 06, 2007 6:08 am
Profile WWW
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6518

*pokes Zeuss* Touch,Poke....you owe me a coke! GIMMEH!

Sun May 06, 2007 11:14 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next