Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

the energy on the sniper skill is very bad i dont thnk it should be changed for regular snipers. i say this because ppl with a porp and say 2 ares 1 athena will not be able to power a dwo with a yallow while their shield is being regened. i would like the energy to only affect the tech 20 ships with 4 augs

Wed May 02, 2007 2:19 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

You should atleast agree with me that sniper does need a fix.

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Wed May 02, 2007 2:47 pm
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

Until they beef the energies.

Wed May 02, 2007 2:47 pm
Profile WWW
Main: MasterComp112
Level: 656

i definately agree, the thing is, i use a fotg, 2 ares, and an athena aug on my porp, i use a sponge, misd, DWO, and LC, while being fired at and fully regening, i can fully power the DWO, and sustain fire on the LC for around 7 minutes...then after i stop firing itll take a few seconds to get a full bank...ya, use a fotg, but i think fotg is broken for its tech anyway, maybe make it higher tech, or a new kind of fotg (better regen, slightly bigger bank, bigger (size wise), and of course higher tech)

Wed May 02, 2007 3:29 pm
Team: pantalones
Main: sxp
Level: 1473

ooo and atlum didnt mess up this time :P im glad to see SD's are actually getting a damage boost - yay go atlum and snipers are getting a slight nerf. tbh like i told leroy today: sniper is the damage in SS, sd is the fun in SS :) being speedy and fast just makes things cooler.

Wed May 02, 2007 3:35 pm
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

MFs need something done about the huge hull they need for 5 or 6 weapons and the large amount of electricity.

Wed May 02, 2007 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

SDs are getting a Nerf, Snipers are getting a Nerf, LF are getting ruined.

Great to see that if you can't do things right, atleast you can be consistant.

Wed May 02, 2007 6:03 pm

LD you unsensitive prick Atlum's doing the right thing

And SD's aren't getting nerfed - they have almost he same firing bonus as before

Snipers are getting ubernerfed which needed it anyway

Wed May 02, 2007 6:06 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

SDs are getting a Nerf

Atlum wrote:
We will be adding a fixed damage bonus to speed demon that will improve the skill overall dps with any ship

I see where there are some nerfs above with resists, but that sounds like a plus to me. more DPS for same DPE on any ship... sounds good to me.

Wed May 02, 2007 6:18 pm

SD is designed for DPS, they lose the Fighter Ace bonus as well, and their ships are going to be taking atleast 33% more damage, if Panther is any indication. In return, they get a slight damage boost.

Seems I'm going ShM...

Wed May 02, 2007 6:31 pm

Um SD's already get max rate of fire on most weaps.

-We are removing the light fighter firing bonus that fighter ace get.

That's what he was talking about bach

Wed May 02, 2007 6:35 pm
Profile WWW

Well, lets see a summary of these changes:

Atlum wrote:
Probably a bit overdue, here are some changes you can expect for next universe. It's part of the class balance but should not be considered to be the "revamp". We feel that something need to be done to improve the balance of the game. The final numbers are still up for some debate if constructive argument are brought in a clear and intelligent manner.

Here they are:

-We are removing the light fighter firing bonus that fighter ace get.
Nerf to SDs
-We will be adding a fixed damage bonus to speed demon that will improve the skill overall dps with any ship.
Need to get exact details on this, but this will need to be signifigant to make up for loss of firing from FA

-This is a tough one but we feel that sniper, having the best possible damage per electric (dpe) will keep being the best damage dealer no matter what item we bring in to try to balance MF, SD and the other skills versus how much damage sniper can dish out. For that reason we are adding a 2% energy firing penalty per level of sniper. That mean that weapons will cost 2% more energy to fire. A weapon costing 1000 energy per shot will cost 1400 for someone with sniper 20. We also feel this keep up with the style of sniper which are slow and high powered long range shots.
Making the class whos objective is high DPE efficiency not have DPE efficiency is dumb, not to mention the fact that I aug my ships down to the last detail, for every energy, Weapons, Shield that I need. Without an Aug reset, many many people will not be able to fire their main weapons effectively, so unless you decide to buff all energy banks in the game by 40%, or give an Aug reset so people are not forced to use tons of Exc Combos... :roll:

Right now snipers can nearly triple the ratio of a weapon. With a 2% penalty to energy cost per level, snipers will still be able to nearly double the ratio of the weapons they fire, still letting them have the best DPE but by a lesser margin.

I am aware that some weapons will cost a really high amount of energy to simply fire, but there are banks already in game that can take care of that at the high end.

-The resists on most high end light fighter will be rebalanced. Currently high end LF are double dipping. In general they have 4 augments and defensively they get a small size and the best resists. Laser resists will be an exception to that and will stay mostly as it is right now.
Give us more hull along with this change. HFs can hold all kinds of Voli types, they have inbuilt Elec.. bah you know what, I've done this comparison tons of times before, do whatever the hell you want. Just because people designed for PvP use LFs, doesn't mean HFs suck, it just means people are fucking retarded, and you are listening to these retards who cry nonstop because their Izer can't match a Panther.

One example would be the panther base resists which will go from 67% to around 44% (customized for each ship and style).

Wed May 02, 2007 6:43 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

THANK YOU ATLUM!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wed May 02, 2007 7:31 pm
Profile WWW