Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Wed May 02, 2007 8:25 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Wicked Sick
Main: ShivasJoy
Level: 4204

I guess as usual there wont be an aug reset...

Wed May 02, 2007 10:12 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

I have to agree with Elryk here....What about us MF's? :cry: I can't say the other changes were 'unexpected'. Also, as far as SD losing the extra RoF from FA, a lot of the time Sd's hit the RoF cap anyway, plus the extra damage they get will greatly increase their DPE, and will help in a way with the lost FA firing, not to mention that a lot of SD's don't fly light fighters anyway.

Wed May 02, 2007 11:12 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

the energy on the sniper skill is very bad i dont thnk it should be changed for regular snipers. i say this because ppl with a porp and say 2 ares 1 athena will not be able to power a dwo with a yallow while their shield is being regened. i would like the energy to only affect the tech 20 ships with 4 augs

Any other class cannot power it either, and do not get the HUGE damage bonus a sniper get. So long as a class gets so huge a boost in DPE, the only thing they have to do is use bigger weapon if they have spare elec. Others get ROF or MF bonus, but what is the point ? They cannot use as big weapons...

Thu May 03, 2007 2:07 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Another VERY important thing about MF and the other classes. Since MF's use multiple weapons, it is inherently more difficult to ensure all our shots hit, with tracking weapons this isn't so difficult, but with something like DWO's it is actually impossible to get maximum DPS versus smaller targets like Forgones. This is another huge disadvantage MF's have over other, single weapon combat classes.

Thu May 03, 2007 2:19 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Seems like the heavy fighters finaly is becoming the heavy fighters

Thu May 03, 2007 4:37 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3908

Atlum if you are balancing the Fighter types besure to look at the Bule Super Sidhe, is is tech 16 and a nearly 2b extract price yet has only 10% resists. Only half of cheaper, lower tech ships.

As for the changes it looks to me like you have nerfed the wrong thing. Not that snipers needed a nerf anyway.
If you wanted to slow the snipers firing down you should have increased the rof penalty as now not only rof but all energy using systems will be effected.

You admins really paint people into a corner, as players all we can actually do is grin an bear it, or walk away. You do realise dont you that each time you nerf things some people walk.
Since the reason for nerfing stuff is "encourage" people to play for a longer time, I suspect is is counter -productive.
More than half my team have started playing other games and they play SS less than before. :(

Thu May 03, 2007 5:25 am
Profile YIM
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

So:

SDs lose LF firing bonus, but get damage bonus instead (how much??)
Snipers get higher elec cost AND lose LF firing bonus
I guess LF bonus isn't too relevant for ShMs...

With increased elec cost, even Snipers will have almost no need for firing augs when using most tech 20 weapons. I'd say it's about time to introduce some high-tech energy sources that beat FotG (without taking ~300 hull, and somewhat easier to get than Primal Lion Heart)...
yes, exactly whats going to happen. as the standard moves higher, so does the amount of content avaliable
Oh, and a factor of 2.4 is hardly "nearly triple". Sniper will now be left with 71% bonus to dpe, and 20% bonus to dps.
not triple no, but its no dps as its damage per shot. snipers multiply damage a shot (hence they all have MD's) while SD multiplies RoF, so MD's wont work as well, but rather itms with small dmg and more recoil
By the way: The current best regular damage dealer is MF in a Light Fighter (very specialized setup, of course). The best damage dealer overall (without using tweaks or Battle Thatch) is Drone Master with lots of Expertise augs.
mabey, but I agree MF needs changing, like no -damage mod and +1% hull space per lvl, or even a set "bonus per level" for ships with 5+ wep slots?

-Slicer

Thu May 03, 2007 6:39 am
Profile WWW
Main: zwi00
Level: 1950

i say give back the hull bonus to mf. i remember mf used to give hull and elec right?

zwi00

Thu May 03, 2007 9:48 am
Profile WWW
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

ooh I rembered what I actually wanted to say (after the excitement cooled down) :P

anyway, as I see it:

-sniper panthers are getting a x2 nerf (still the best, but by less now)
-sniper DS's are gettin a x2 nerf (depending on LF stat changes)
-sniper izers get a small nerf
-SD LF's get a small nerf, less RoF but more damage a shot + stat changes
-SD HF's get a decent beef, same RoF, more damage a shot, and "weaker" enemies (such as anyone in a LF or a sniper or both).
-MF's get 'weaker" enemies, bt nothign else. so thats kinda like a beef
-no changes on/to shmonks

As Atlum said, snipers are still the best overall damage dealers, but not by much now. so we wont be getting totally raped by sniper DS's/panthers, some of us get a fighting chance now.

I feel this is one of the best changes/balance fixes ever to come to SS

Thu May 03, 2007 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1875

Goz, what you dont see yet, is that admins constantly nerf rather than beef... Who kills the ubers? Snipers in LF... Nerf them, you nerf the whole playerbase. Add in the fact that normal augs that ubers have are a lot better.. and you are even farther back.

I wish for once, it wasn't a constant *nerf nerf nerf* but more a *Leave be, Beef, Beef* I guess maybe my time is up, seeing as how we probably wont get an aug reset but be told "Go waste you 20b in augs that you used on your LF by using a Reset Module"

Oh well, tis the style these days.

~BD

Thu May 03, 2007 1:15 pm
Main: Lethal Dosage
Level: 2825

Great, now time to find a setup to break SD and continue the cycle of nerfing in SS.

Thu May 03, 2007 1:40 pm
Main: zwi00
Level: 1950

ooh I rembered what I actually wanted to say (after the excitement cooled down) :P

anyway, as I see it:

-sniper panthers are getting a x2 nerf (still the best, but by less now)
-sniper DS's are gettin a x2 nerf (depending on LF stat changes)
-sniper izers get a small nerf
-SD LF's get a small nerf, less RoF but more damage a shot + stat changes
-SD HF's get a decent beef, same RoF, more damage a shot, and "weaker" enemies (such as anyone in a LF or a sniper or both).
-MF's get 'weaker" enemies, bt nothign else. so thats kinda like a beef
-no changes on/to shmonks

As Atlum said, snipers are still the best overall damage dealers, but not by much now. so we wont be getting totally raped by sniper DS's/panthers, some of us get a fighting chance now.

I feel this is one of the best changes/balance fixes ever to come to SS

ShieldMonkey losses 20% rof if you can't se it Goz...

Kinky wrote:
Great, now time to find a setup to break SD and continue the cycle of nerfing in SS.

count me in...

i dont understand why the hell light fighter resists are going to be nerfed?? Atlum?? light fighters cant carry big shield like heavy fighters can! god.. theres a big difference between Eclipse blockade(35 size 5k shield) and PoT(100 size 11k+ shield). got my point?

zwi00

Thu May 03, 2007 1:45 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next