Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Most light fighters are setup to have enough hull to fit a big shield so that argument wont hold.
Resists on light fighters are nerfed because they are meant to dodge. Bigger ship = better protection, sounds pretty logical to me. The bigger ships are slower and cant dodge so why so light fighters have better resists?

Thu May 03, 2007 1:49 pm
Main: zwi00
Level: 1950

most light fighter.. so u know 3 people without a heph on their light fighter so they will be screwed ? -20% resistance.. that makes me spaceship my panther for fuck sake

Thu May 03, 2007 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

i dont like the nerfs atlum change em. ur nerfing 4 auged t20s for the snipers in resist, yet u add electric to ALL sniper's shots? think about the starters.. with F5s and an incineration will u? just add electric to the T20s. why should the most expensive ships in the game be nerfed back to the strength of the normal T20s? seems like SD will be the new sniper. easier to solo with all that speed. just add alittle range and whheeeee

Thu May 03, 2007 2:03 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

Anyone who denies that putting out the most DPS at the highest speed with the best resists is broken is obviously flying a DS or Panther. I do have a Zebra, though unaugged, so it does put me in a different spot, but m Zebra is unaugged precisely because this is a problem.

I don't think anyone will convince the admins to change their minds on this, and in fact it's an incredibly elegant solution. I've been noodling myself on how i would fix it, and couldn't come up with a reasonable place to start.

What you have is the "4 aug slot" problem. Light fighters getting a 4th aug makes them VERY effective and they also get intrinsic speed. In some of the heavy fighters, there is plenty of built-in elec regen to offset the DPE loss of a sniper in a light fighter, so there is an implicit boost to Snipers in heavy fighters. Speed Demon still is a bit overpowered because they still have a mugher higher DPS rate. Overall they are not losing much and will be broken very quickly. SDs are very hard to hit in PvP as it is.

Anyway, I offer as evidence the 6 Equanimizers I have in my thatch. Heavy Fighters are currently a second teir ship, and this is a serious effort to fix that. Everyone is using a Ukuk/Sugga atm who can't get a DS or Panther. The DS and Panther both have put the Zebra to shame. This significantly levels the field.

Possibly adding a slight speed buff to some of the heavy fighters might help also.

The only weapon that really is concering for the Sniper DPE loss is the Mercurian Disintigrator. At 5390 elec per shot * 1.4 that's 7546 elec per shot, which is really hard to fire with most energies, regen independent. It's a seriously expensive weapon and this is a pretty major nerf to it. Maybe that was the goal though, I can't say for sure. And I suppose it's a unifomr increase accross the board, but in some setups, and energy bank of 7500+ is hard to get, especially in a non-LF (which most use heph+ to get large energy bank).

Thu May 03, 2007 4:10 pm
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

The changes look fine to me, just don't make the damage increase to Speed Demon too high. Maybe just +1% damage per level on LF to make up for the ROF lossed from FA. The change to Sniper looks fine, as it decreases their DPE bonus, but still gives the large damage per shot.

ROF lost from the FA skill won't affect Shmonks, though, as they should be using freighters (preferred) or heavy fighters.

Thu May 03, 2007 4:11 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

i dont like the nerfs atlum change em. ur nerfing 4 auged t20s for the snipers in resist, yet u add electric to ALL sniper's shots? think about the starters.. with F5s and an incineration will u? just add electric to the T20s. why should the most expensive ships in the game be nerfed back to the strength of the normal T20s? seems like SD will be the new sniper. easier to solo with all that speed. just add alittle range and whheeeee

do what snipers do with zerker, dont max it out then

atlum said snipers will STILL be the best damage class, but nut by as much

as far as im concerned, they should be equal, jsut with differnt ups and downs

Thu May 03, 2007 8:07 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Basically I agree with most of what Bizman said. People are using the 4th Aug Slot to 'make' LF into HF and that's why HF seem to be VERY rarely used in the end game anymore.

Simply put, why worry about hull space when you can drop a Heph+, Sup Combined on a LF with 4 Aug and come out with a superior combat ship that's merely a tad short on loot space?

Anyway, I think we'll really see how this works out when the skill revamp shows up, then things should get really interesting.... GUNNER FTW!

Calypso

Thu May 03, 2007 8:14 pm

Calypso, my evil alter-ego ... or maybe my good side, food for thought that.

:D

The resists are nearly equally important, as that 4th aug slot lends lot to shield bank typically. People would argue that the LF gear has less hield/energy(regen) but the 4th aug slot allows that great remedy with high-end augs. The fact is that getting hit more consistantly, like a Heavy fighter will, makes it more of a tanking class. Light fighters are supposed to dodge, which is why the LF resist nerf makes more sense than peolpe seem to be saying. I figure the DS with no energy resist is the prime example, everyyone uses TT to kill em cause they take so much per hit. If a Sniper isn't playigng as a sinper should, from range - then the complaints about tanking in light fighters are unfounded. As a low vis, high range, high DPE class you are supposed to avoid taking damage, not get up clsoe with a merc diss, etc.

Thu May 03, 2007 11:51 pm
Team: Aero
Main: yoga
Level: 4431

The elec thingy with snipers is sad ..But for the rest go Atlum!

P.S : I just hope you wont nerf snipers...

Fri May 04, 2007 5:59 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Calypso, my evil alter-ego ... or maybe my good side, food for thought that.

:D

The resists are nearly equally important, as that 4th aug slot lends lot to shield bank typically. People would argue that the LF gear has less hield/energy(regen) but the 4th aug slot allows that great remedy with high-end augs. The fact is that getting hit more consistantly, like a Heavy fighter will, makes it more of a tanking class. Light fighters are supposed to dodge, which is why the LF resist nerf makes more sense than peolpe seem to be saying. I figure the DS with no energy resist is the prime example, everyyone uses TT to kill em cause they take so much per hit. If a Sniper isn't playigng as a sinper should, from range - then the complaints about tanking in light fighters are unfounded. As a low vis, high range, high DPE class you are supposed to avoid taking damage, not get up clsoe with a merc diss, etc.

true, very much so

people also fail to realize that laser resists arent being touched, or very little if at all. I think thats to prevent from the reavers, otherwise my SD reaver would be getting 20% damage bouns AND "weaker" enemies to boot. now, its just 20%

Fri May 04, 2007 6:03 am
Profile WWW
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

P.S : I just hope you wont nerf snipers...

Snipers are overpowered, so they need a lil spanking. Think the rest of the classes notice that easier than the snipers, cuz they are not used to PWN everything.

As for the LFs, all you have to do is to put a heph+ and a sup combined to get HFish hull, but still more speed and better resists. The resist had to go.

Radiation Expert is a bit excluded from PvP atm since all the good rad weaps is projectile weapons, even a HF sniper can dogde them, LF-pilots just laught when Ligthning is charging into battle. Some tech20 Radiation ray weapon without undecent range and tracking please? Don't need the DPS or DPE of bule bule abadi befouler, all I want is to join the fun :( Help us Atlum :D

Fri May 04, 2007 8:22 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

Most light fighters are setup to have enough hull to fit a big shield so that argument wont hold.
Resists on light fighters are nerfed because they are meant to dodge. Bigger ship = better protection, sounds pretty logical to me. The bigger ships are slower and cant dodge so why so light fighters have better resists?

With aug tweaking 23+, a pot is *not* a heavy fighter shield. It's a light fighter shield. Always has been before when lfs used a hull aug. 100 space is trivial with 60% or greater hull bonus and a good lf hull expander as long as you don't have to fit 2 largeish weapons to be effective. A *real* heavy fighter shield would be the giga gnt. It has about 50% more shield bank than a pot and *much* more regen (225 every 2.2 I think) as well as a size of *three hundred*. I fit that in my izer easily with a titan torp + or two size 100ish weapons and have enough hull for fuel, diffs, and a little extra to spare.

However, why was the decision made to nerf light fighters instead of beef heavy fighters and freighters? The easiest solution is not always the best one...

Fri May 04, 2007 9:08 am

Sky, my 4 Battle aug DS - a true light fighter, cannot fit the PoT. My 3 battle aug, 1 cap aug DS - a pseudo heavy fighter, can. It's not that a light fighter can't fit a PoT, it's that a light fighter with 4 combat augs cannot.I use a Primal Panther Skin - 30 hull, and can't fit but one Mercurian weapon. I can only use a TT+ if I fire off a stocking first, and even then I can't fit a PoT with a TT+ unless I use a Giga Stocking, which I only have 3 of and don't intend to waste lightly.

Fri May 04, 2007 10:30 am
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

Fri May 04, 2007 11:30 am
Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

Add a full tracking tech 15-16 Rad Laser.

A Bule Mega Tracking Laser, 250 damage, 250 elec, 300 range, ethereal, radiation. Size 25, .4 recoil.

Fri May 04, 2007 11:44 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next