Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Last thing i have to say.

Tobal used a bug in the game to get ahead, he had a teammate place a base 50-100k out, a secret cache to be exact, so the other team couldnt own the galaxy.

But, i guess i need to shut it, dont want to be assraped by the Friendly Miners... :roll:

Thu May 24, 2007 9:08 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

ERMAN, your threats is a sign of inmaturity, inmaturety is a sign of weakness. Bad PR for the evil miners.

Thu May 24, 2007 9:17 am
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: TehGeneral
Level: 2847

I'm so totally immature for standing up to somebody campaigning to get my ally banned for a stupid change in the game.

I'm so totally immature that I would actually enjoy wiping them out.

Thu May 24, 2007 9:30 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

What some people need to learn is that no player can get anyone banned, it's all up to the admins.

Thu May 24, 2007 9:34 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Thu May 24, 2007 10:42 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

I noticed a problem on the test server with the new firing/hull addition. If you are borderline overhulled (ie if you unequip your expander you become over hulled) while you are firing it will continue to fire at the designated target, IE a uber or DG boss for example, this should be remedied because if you use a short boost like say a mining booster but are able to get the the uber or dg boss before the duration of the tweak is up, you can set it as your target and fire normally.

Additionally.. you cannot stop firing. The message "your weapon has been stored to make room for all your cargo" appears in the events and it doesn't allow you to stop firing even if you switch weapons, run out of elec, etc.

The speed nerf of DS seems unreasonable. As far as class statistics go the DS was pretty cozy at 150, and I know that the 3 sup combo SD setup kinda broke their speed.. but really if you wanna aug your DS to be low DPS end, but high speed and maneuverability then why can't it be kinda over the top, it is one of the best ships avalible in game.

Quick calculation: sup combo: 10% hull 32 size. DS: 230 hull + expander (16)* AT5 =

246*1.2*1.2*1.2= 425 425-(32*3) = 329

329-2 (silent death) = 327 - 8 (4th aug.. lets say 8 size) = 319

So a 4 "combat" aug DS can have like 319, a little more with PU5.. but still, lol you shouldn't be able to fit a 100 size PoT, a 250 size TT+, a 45 size FotG, a 10 PWI, a FT inverto a FT grape a grip of diffs, a few dozen OBAs, 30-40 prom, and a steve...

Thu May 24, 2007 11:06 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

IAmMe2 wrote:
I don't think ambush drones are supposed to tank much of anything... They're defensively weak, but have massive DPS... between 8 and 11k dps PER DRONE depending on your setup...

Where did you get those numbers? From what I can see, 11k is impossible even with a DM BT, and 8k is WAY above typical setups. The difference between different setups is also much larger than just 8-11.

-Slicer

Was talking to admins about the changes... Ambush drones have a 100% increase to dmg, plus the 100% dmg, 100% rof bonus from DM20, and the 79% from having an aspect of the panther equipped on each ones... all that on a wep with a base DPS over 500...

Fri May 25, 2007 7:03 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

Jeff, you made the shield boost changes to non permanent only drones, right? I'm thinking that perm drones might be a bit too powerful if they get the bonus too? Everything else, cool!

On Head Hunter's "exploiting" of hull tweaks:

Let me ask you guys, am I exploiting if I can kill something twice my level? Am I exploiting if I can outrange a particular ai and kill it without getting hit, or out turn and burn an AI and kill it without it being able to shoot me once? Am I exploiting if I can sit on a warp and solo Undead Tobal using an ethereal weapon and tons upon tons of tweaks, no healer necessary? How about if I install multiple colony blueprints to up the initial population of a colony, thus kickstarting its growth into overdrive? How about stealth, am I exploiting if I can merc disint something down without it even shooting me once except for a few ethereal laser u shots which I regen in between my shots? Or perhaps if I can one shot big greens or other semi-tough warp 3 AI? Or if I use a battle thatch to kill an uber, since its obvious intent was to be a *storage* ship? How bout the deathstriker, obviously since it has been nerfed repeatedly over and over again, everyone who has had one a long time MUST be an exploiter, period.

Shall I continue the list? I could come up with thousands upon thousands of "exploits" that every single player in this game will have been guilty of at one point or another and prove that every single person in SS has "exploited" in some fashion at some point, and therefore should be banned.

In a word, people need to stfu. Now. I don't like NB much personally but to call what he did a bannable offense is the height of hypocracy.

Min/Maxing is NOT exploiting. If I had to get an admins permission every single gd time I do something in this frigging game I'd quit due to inactivity. Players can't read admins minds and they can't ask for permission for every single goddamn thing they do or try in the game. If the admins change something like this, everyone who used this is not an exploiter. This is a balance change, not a "bug" fix, and nothing more. For what Dominicans did, yeah that was bannable, that's an advantage that makes a few hundred extra hull utterly pale in comparison. For what NB did, does anyone really even care? I don't.

- Skyfyre, hull sploiter extraordinare,
~100 ipcs and 10 gigantic candy bags remaining
counting the days till halloween and christmas

Fri May 25, 2007 10:18 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

99 bags of sploit on the wall, 99 bags of sploit...

well put Skyfyre, my mind has been set. I agree with you all the way.

/goodtogo ~

Fri May 25, 2007 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Keanu Reeves
Level: 5403

If your hull is say 500 then you use a tweak to get it to 600 then when u pick up something you can still fire but as long as your hull is overflowing you cannot equip any items. that way it would prevent the use of tweaks for combat purposes since you cant equip anything and still allow the use of tweak to grab items in dgs as well as for merchant purposes. =p

Sun May 27, 2007 10:13 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4