Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post On test
A few small things on test from me, plus a bunch of drone changes, the author of which I'll let explain in another post.

From me:

- Can no longer fire while your hull is overflowing
- Slaves get an extra chance for the Crazy Glue skill to work if the first chance fails. So lvl 25 CG gives the master a 50% chance of saving the GG and his slaves a 75% chance.
- A couple of changes to the multi-threading code
- A server side check on your distance to the wormhole when you try to jump, so faking packets won't let you illegally jump out of galaxies
- Admin-spawned ships are now on the team of the admin that spawned them, so we can create large armadas of evil minions

Tue May 22, 2007 2:50 am
Profile WWW
Main: FullOfChaos
Level: 4253

- Admin-spawned ships are now on the team of the admin that spawned them, so we can create large armadas of evil minions

Lol. Atleast we fixed some stuff. And yes crazy glue on slaves. Thats good.

Tue May 22, 2007 2:56 am
Team: The FSM
Main: JulianD
Level: 1203

In addition to the above mentioned changes, drones have had some significant changes implimented that are currently on the test server. The defensive abilities of drones have been increased across the board, with the drones that have a high cost for their tech level receiving the largest bonuses. As it is impossible for the admins to test all the new drone stats fully it will likely be a... gradual process. Some drones may be beefed or nerfed in the near future as a good balance is achieved.

Tue May 22, 2007 3:37 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

but can you open up t3h uberz admin zone so all of us can test out other stuff, I have some multi billion credit ideas I wanna try out

Tue May 22, 2007 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Test server is not for players to test out their setups before doing them on the live server.

The new spawn command is awesome btw, me and Jeff had a large fight on test earlier today. We both spawned a army and they fought each other. There where several Anacondas, several DCs, several Sputty nutty, several Kind Midas, a Omega Battlestation, the Copper boss, Reavers, BGs, Icepicks.

Tue May 22, 2007 6:24 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: HellSpreader
Level: 5789

Sweet, I buzzed onto Test this morning, ambush still looks a little weak... (1 - 2 shot from an MD still)... Maybe make it Actually invisible as it is inferred in its description? you have to actually be on top of it to see it?

And please read the recent post made in collaberation between me, bach and Neuraxis and Slicer (the game's 4 top DMers)... entitled "DM" it suggests 2 or 3 very good changes to DM born through bitter experience :)

Tue May 22, 2007 7:26 am
Main: Apotheosis
Level: 1360

Post Re: On test
JeffL wrote:
A few small things on test from me, plus a bunch of drone changes, the author of which I'll let explain in another post.

From me:

- Slaves get an extra chance for the Crazy Glue skill to work if the first chance fails. So lvl 25 CG gives the master a 50% chance of saving the GG and his slaves a 75% chance.
- A couple of changes to the multi-threading code
- A server side check on your distance to the wormhole when you try to jump, so faking packets won't let you illegally jump out of galaxies

Thankyou! This will go a long way to reducing the costs in maintaining a Radex or Seer character finanically. The other changes seem interesting too.

Tue May 22, 2007 10:30 am
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: TehGeneral
Level: 2847

So basically.. Hull Tweaks now only have use for Merchants moving around gear? Because even if I were to only use an Irish Potato Candy to grab DG loot, I'd still be fucked as virtually every DG now is fairly deep, so killing the whole DG including boss then getting out before they respawn is near impossible anymore.

Now, you have really crushed LFs, Wiped out their resists, Removed their firing bonus, nerfed Hull Expanders, lowered DSes Speed, they get no inbuilt elec, none have transferrence weakness...

As it stands, Light Fighters will *need* to use a Hull Aug (Heph+, 3 Sup Combos, or a Caly), and they willl still end up with lower Hull than Heavy Fighters, have the same DPS (No firing bonus, 1 possible DPS aug slot lost to Hull Augs)...

Can you please explain to me, what the hell is the point of anybody flying a Light Fighter anymore? Same Burst DPS, Less Prolonged DPS, cant fit more than 1 "Decent" weapon, weaker Hull Expanders, Lower Resists.. now they cannot overflow their hull to allow one extra piece of gear, or to allow them to scoop DG loot?

Are you purposely trying to make people Spaceship their Death Strikers and Panthers and Locus, since they will be nothing more than a possibly 100b cost wasted ship slot?

*grumbles and walks away*

Tue May 22, 2007 11:08 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

If you dont want your T19 light fighters or any other item form light fighters i will take em off your hands at a discounted price.

:D

Tue May 22, 2007 11:51 am

DS is still stronger then pretty much any other ship in the game except for the UZ ones. I can promise you that people will still use DS's and they will still kick ass in them. They will be even better when Micron gets added with the micro gear.

Tue May 22, 2007 12:28 pm
Team: Wicked Sick
Main: ShivasJoy
Level: 4245

make it so that as long as the tweak "really" works (I mean the animation and stuff..) u are able to shoot... but after that 5minutes u can only transport the item

ppl really need some time to get out of DGs (allthough 5mins is a lil short)

should be like
  • +hull for 300secs
  • unable to shoot after 600 secs (until hull is ok again)

or something like that..

Tue May 22, 2007 12:32 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

The hull boosts should last for a minimum of 15 minutes if this is going to be added.

Tue May 22, 2007 12:49 pm

The hull tweaks where never meant for combat use, overloading your hull to fit large gear in a small ship is pretty much a exploit which will be fixed when this is added.

Tue May 22, 2007 1:17 pm
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

Post Re: On test
JeffL wrote:

I don't like this idea. No pilot would risk taking something on board if they can't protect it.

How about making it where if you use a tweek to gain space the space is on the outside of the hull... in essence you are strapping cargo onto your ship... it can't be equipped. It also reduces the ships shields by some amount or percentage depending on the size of the tweeked added space. It would be like a cargo pod that we can collapse and store on board and then expand and use as an out of hull cargo carrier.

Last edited by Thummmper on Tue May 22, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 22, 2007 1:18 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next