Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

I believe someone (Headhunter) with high Neurotweak and a Giga Stocking can severly break the game. I see several people who were using this complaining, but several post to the general brokenness of it were made previously. Overhulling a ship by significant amounts is broken, no question about it. I have a 4 combat aug DS and have specialized small gear that make it very effective. The Primal Will/Skin/Paw make for a lethal combination and tiny hull use. Tossing a size 250 TT+ on a DS is comical, but obivously not intended without significant tradeoff on the ship. It's just another example of having your cake and eating it.

Great changes!

One aside, the hull extension line is goofy for light fighers.

1) Hull expansion = 10 space, any ship
2) Hull extension = 12 space, any ship
3) Ghostly Expander = 11 space, light fighter only
4) Transcendental Hullex = 14 space, light fighter only
5) Primal Panther Expander = 16 space, -4% cis, light fighter only

So a normal AI base hull extension is better than the low-end light fighter specific one, which is non-intuative.

If I might suggest:
Ghostly expander +14 hull, trancendental hullex +16 hull, Primal Panther Expander +18 hull.

The overall change is negligible, but at least provides a progression...

Tue May 22, 2007 3:57 pm
Main: Oya
Level: 3394

you left out the unt faranji expander. i believe it's tech 19, requires faranji research 19, light fighter only, gives 16 hull, improves energy +6% or something like that

Tue May 22, 2007 7:23 pm
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

you left out the unt faranji expander. i believe it's tech 19, requires faranji research 19, light fighter only, gives 16 hull, improves energy +6% or something like that

Same with Nutty hull expander...its an ubers drop...yet, an Indira hull Inflation is better..whats that all about? ill get stats when im properly awake!!! :D

Tue May 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: HellSpreader
Level: 5789

Still 1 - 2 shot an Ambush Armada and see it pretty easily.

No stasis gens available, not overly interested in the developments thus far as they still do not reduce the overall and unfair element of risk associated to DMing within the constraints of any reasonable budget.

Wed May 23, 2007 4:51 am
Team: pantalones
Main: sxp
Level: 1473

DS is still stronger then pretty much any other ship in the game except for the UZ ones. I can promise you that people will still use DS's and they will still kick ass in them. They will be even better when Micron gets added with the micro gear.

we were promised micron 2 unis ago and we still dont have it, whats the point in promising stuff b4 actually completing em? most ppl were waiting micron so they could put small gear on their light fighters but nooooo, we just have to wait too damn long, oh well eventually we will get it, might be too late tho ...

Wed May 23, 2007 8:39 am
Main: Sanct Germaine
Level: 4492

Pffft... what i did with my combo and tweaks, gear was revolutionary, not my fault that you guys cant handle it.

We shoudl get an aug reset then, cause admins had plenty of time(Christmas...6 months) to say that overtweaking your hull was a exploit..now they are just calling BS cause they have seen what overhulling can do but has been used since then. Only I have took it to a new lvl and now they are bitching.

Also, There isnt enough tweaks in the game for hull increasing anyway for a long period of time. Eventually ppl run out of GG, even I who have run out of GG20 to 12 from 27 in the last 5-7 weeks. Also, you need the right combination of hull tweaks to increase your hull which are indeed hard to find now..almost impossible really ( cause of me ). I have used tons of tweaks experinmenting what works..and the tweaks required to overload your hull now are almost impossible to find. Bunch of Crying dead pants is probably why and once again admins are trying to help their babies.

NB

Wed May 23, 2007 9:06 am
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

I have all those tweaks you speak of.... and I have a 4 combat aug DS, yet don't use those tweaks... Also, I seem to remember you running from me into the protection of your galaxies on numerous occasions? The penalty of dying for people overhulled could be made more severe, like GG only affects things within certain hull constraints? Regardless, NB, there were no crying dead pants in the ordeal, you should really keep your narcissism to yourself. I've never treated you wrong once yet you continue to accuse my team of both exploiting, breedign exploiters, and crying to the admins. If the admins listen to any of us it's because we play the game sincerely and give constructive feedback. I'm not sure why it's hard to grasp conceptually, that people that have played the game for 2+ years and give feedback contructively get listened to occasionally.

Regardless, this was a needed change, and your post did nothing to change that, and in fact corroborated the necessity of the change. I hope they do give you an aug reset, just so you'll whine less about pants, like I've ever done anything but help you out.

Wed May 23, 2007 10:14 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: HellSpreader
Level: 5789

You see... I like 99% of Mercs. So when are you shipping off to the Marines anyway? Thought you were meant to have left by now?

I will miss your playing style, but I wont miss your ego.

Wed May 23, 2007 10:15 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

It's not about pants NB. It's about the fact that you tweak your char and overload the hull and then simply never ever dock him. A tweak that's supposed to be temporary then because permanent.

Wed May 23, 2007 1:11 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

If I overloaded my hull I would be alot more powerful, not supossed to happen

Wed May 23, 2007 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Yeah it's obvious that it's not supposed to be like that, a obvious exploit which atleast one person has abused instead of reporting it to the admins.

Wed May 23, 2007 1:49 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

Then ban him.. Exploiting bugs is a bannable offense.. ur the admin do ur job.

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Wed May 23, 2007 2:01 pm
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

Then ban him.. Exploiting bugs is a bannable offense.. ur the admin do ur job.

You can't ban someone for doing this. While I think it is an exploit, it is in the grey area of exploiting as it is not doing anything that anyone else can't do "legally" within the context of the game structure. No "rules" were broken, no client hacked, just a normal progression of using everything that the game structure allows... at that time. The fact that its being used in a way that the game designers hadn't thought of does not make it a bannable offense.

What we're seeing is the Admins sitting back and saying "I didn't design it to be used that way"... and are now looking for an eligent solution that will not break the game and be fair for everyone.

And Voomy, as far as I can see, it is not a game bug and therefore nothing to report. It's more of an oversight by the programmer. No rules were published saying you can't use your hull expanding tweeks to make room for bigger and better whatevers. No rules were published saying you have to dock every so often.

No matter what we think of NB as a person, creativity is not a bannable offense.

Last edited by Thummmper on Wed May 23, 2007 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

The same can be said about Tobal getting banned because he had one of his teammates place a base 10-20k out in a galaxy to keep another team from owning the gal. And Tobal really didnt have any intentions of owning the gal himself.

There is no excuse, leave it to the admins on whether to ban him.

He abused a bug, same as Tobal/Dominicans/Dream...

Wed May 23, 2007 2:21 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next