Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

If your a SD with a Jiji you may aswell toss it overbored cause its not going to be worth nothing anymore after they nerf it to oblivion again like DS's

-Minch-

Sun May 27, 2007 7:04 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Minch, you have played this game long enough to know better....I would think atleast...

First of all, for the 500th time. Wait and see how the nerf turns out, it's a small nerf and you have no idea what the new stats are yet.
Also, DS has been nerfed to oblivion? Umm....yeah :roll:

Sun May 27, 2007 7:15 am
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Heh...

You just shut me up good... :D

Thats because you made a useless argument... Its sad that people who don't know what the hell they're talking about try to make an argument and ruin it for the rest by allowing someone to ignore that valid arguments and completely pwn the crappy arguments, thus making it appear that he is more correct... Lesson to the wise... If you don't know what you're talking about are are horrible at writing persuasive pieces, stfu.

The Voomy One wrote:

The only thing DSes are good for now is raw DPS... In every other field they suck now... They can't take any dmg without a healer, and they're slow enough that a non SD will take alot of dmg... With a healer, they can't move around to dodge dmg and have too little resists compared to other ships... They still have no real hull space, and if you use a tweak to scoop something, you can't fire and so will likely get killed a couple times trying to get out... As it is, the DS has horrid range... -30% is HUGE... and I don't forsee that getting reduced, but eventually the dmg bonus will prolly get lowered... I wouldn't say its been nerfed into oblivion, but its kinda boring now... considering its among the hardest ships to obtain, there still aren't THAT many of them, and the significant majority were obtained legally... Its become very mediocre as a ship...

Sun May 27, 2007 10:35 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Original Soulless wrote:
Heh...

You just shut me up good... :D

Thats because you made a useless argument... Its sad that people who don't know what the hell they're talking about try to make an argument and ruin it for the rest by allowing someone to ignore that valid arguments and completely pwn the crappy arguments, thus making it appear that he is more correct... Lesson to the wise... If you don't know what you're talking about are are horrible at writing persuasive pieces, stfu.

The Voomy One wrote:

The only thing DSes are good for now is raw DPS... In every other field they suck now... They can't take any dmg without a healer, and they're slow enough that a non SD will take alot of dmg... With a healer, they can't move around to dodge dmg and have too little resists compared to other ships... They still have no real hull space, and if you use a tweak to scoop something, you can't fire and so will likely get killed a couple times trying to get out... As it is, the DS has horrid range... -30% is HUGE... and I don't forsee that getting reduced, but eventually the dmg bonus will prolly get lowered... I wouldn't say its been nerfed into oblivion, but its kinda boring now... considering its among the hardest ships to obtain, there still aren't THAT many of them, and the significant majority were obtained legally... Its become very mediocre as a ship...

I know how to persuade people.

And he would have ignored you anyway... :roll:

Sun May 27, 2007 1:37 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Keanu Reeves
Level: 5403

why not put it in the ai bases for sell now its gonna suck so bad as a tech 20 weapon
i dont really have an opinion on whether it should be nerfed or not but this sounds like a very nice idea =p

Sun May 27, 2007 10:03 pm
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

I havent read it all, but my 2 cents anyway...

I think Jiji DPS has never been really high. True, it was easy to aim it the guaranteed hit makes it a good weapon.

Nerfing the damage AND making it T20 looks a bit extreme to me... From a really good T17 weapon we end up with a rare and not that great T20.

Well, I know my following argument does not really apply with light fighters, but when I fight with slaves, they choose TT VS jiji almost everytime, even against bana ships.

(now please, that is not a reason to nerf TT :P it is really the ONLY weapon that works well on slaves, not going in details here)

Mon May 28, 2007 6:28 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

All beam weapons work well on slaves. The stats on TT is rediculus considering it can be obtained in AI bases everywhere.

Mon May 28, 2007 9:04 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

I must honestly say that the TT(+), Jiji, Venusian Jackhammer/Mercurian Diss, Venusian Pulsegun, Lion Incin should all be looked into. Specifically, the Lion Incin should be Heavy Fighter only as it is a Lion weapon, as well as is obviously overpowered in dps when compared to other overpowered t20 weapons or the Scimmo. Jackhammer/Merc Diss I have already told Jeff about and need a good 20-30% dps nerf and some damage per shot nerf -- its ridiculous that, not only are they massive dps and decent dpe, but insane damage per shot as well. Last I checked, high damage per shot should never be high damage per second. TT+ needs a small damage per shot loss and more recoil: the current low recoil seems a bit strange for a torpedo, turning it more into a Thorax with uber range and tracking. Jiji, I think, just needs some tracking loss and range shortened by about 50; the only real reason it is overpowered is due to not being required to aim while dealing decent damage (for a heat weapon) at long range -- meaning you can stay out of range of many players and dodge the shots of the rest. The fact that the jiji is ethereal makes up for the extreme energy requirements.

Mon May 28, 2007 9:43 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Ide say change the jiji to tech 19 atleast, 20 is a little insane, but whatever IMO. reduce tracking, no damage, and kill the range a little.

TT(+) needs x2 as much recois, seeing as ALL snipers use it and its AI BOUGHT ffs

Mon May 28, 2007 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

If TT/TT+ are changed, then the exact same weapon should be added, slave master only if you wish, DG drop if you wish.

Seriously, with slaves not using ROF as they should, TT is the only thing that makes it worth to use fire OTG on slave (because it DOES use all the (huge) elec from fire OTG boosted by slave mastery), and the only weapon that I have found that has a decent chance to hit (venu jack on slave is hilarious, slaves miss half the time). Zebra hooves (I think that the name) would not work half as good because of the ROF thing

About beam weapons being great on slave, well... they almost never miss, thats true (even more true with high tracking jiji), but usually they have low brute damage, and their poor elec efficiency makes them not that great...

Mon May 28, 2007 11:46 am
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

I must honestly say that the TT(+), Jiji, Venusian Jackhammer/Mercurian Diss, Venusian Pulsegun, Lion Incin should all be looked into. Specifically, the Lion Incin should be Heavy Fighter only as it is a Lion weapon, as well as is obviously overpowered in dps when compared to other overpowered t20 weapons or the Scimmo. Jackhammer/Merc Diss I have already told Jeff about and need a good 20-30% dps nerf and some damage per shot nerf -- its ridiculous that, not only are they massive dps and decent dpe, but insane damage per shot as well. Last I checked, high damage per shot should never be high damage per second. TT+ needs a small damage per shot loss and more recoil: the current low recoil seems a bit strange for a torpedo, turning it more into a Thorax with uber range and tracking. Jiji, I think, just needs some tracking loss and range shortened by about 50; the only real reason it is overpowered is due to not being required to aim while dealing decent damage (for a heat weapon) at long range -- meaning you can stay out of range of many players and dodge the shots of the rest. The fact that the jiji is ethereal makes up for the extreme energy requirements.

The problem with these weapons isn't the fact they exist, the problem is SNIPER because they WERE the only class that could power them non-stop with huge dpe 24/7, we never close at extremely high dps. Now that sniper has been nerfed fairly significantly, people should wait and re-evaluate the weapons. Sniper needs some tools to use that play to their strengths, just as speed demons, radx, seer, etc. all need weapons that play to their bonuses and are honestly designed with them in mind.

I also find it interesting you mention nothing about high dpe weapons with low damage per shot that speed demons excell at driving to insane dps. So, what, just because only sniper or a battle thatch can actually use it to great effect, it's overpowered? Uh hello, I do more dps than sniper jackhammer with my panther paw, but can only sustain for like 20 seconds, unless I use elec tweaks, in which case I easily sustain it at a snipers dps level for as long as I like. I can drive a scorch's immolation to about 10kdps indefinately with a few elec tweaks.

This is the kind of post that gives the admins the impression they haven't gone far enough when in fact, they may have gone a little overboard on the sniper nerf... Take away the snipers best tools and now you have speed demon sonata, which will be no better than sniper sonata of the past few unis...

Mon May 28, 2007 2:42 pm
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

The problem with TT is that it's to accessable. Venu and merc torpedo could fit the role of the current TT if they were added. The problem with TT isn't that it's to strong, but that it's to easy to obtain. Is it fair that the only tech20 raddie weapon is a ruin@3bil that require BM20, and the sniper just drop in FM and get an awesome weapon alot easier and cheaper?

When I'm at it I'd like to see a venu and merc rad weapon in the beam style. Something to let the raddies join the fun of PvP (my BAB just got dogded by a MF in the arena).

Mon May 28, 2007 4:20 pm
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

Ye i kno what these changed are like Voom ive been on the end of loads of nerfs since ive been in this game

But nerfing Jiji is just taking the piss! I memba when they nerfed GnT and DM both changed that fucked me in the butt i carried on and on

But thae jiji nerf is not to be made , well i dont think and so does every1 else it only has tracking tbh nothing special for a iq bana drop

-Minch-

Mon May 28, 2007 7:38 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: HellSpreader
Level: 5789

Thinking about DM and how broken SD Jiji's are against some drones... I would just see the Jiji become Tech 20 and lose most of its tracking, range, DPS and Eth are all fine considering its rarity in my opinion. Its SDs that can circle objects with insane thrust and perfect tracking that owns people... especially with the only defensive weapon, the TT+ that now has torps that are slow.

Increase teh weight a bit more on the Jiji perhaps too to counter that tactic, making it harder to whizz around and around your target.

Tue May 29, 2007 2:35 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next