Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

Maybe a further slight reduction in number of bases each player can deploy plus an increase in the number of bases allowed in a galaxy would be good.

Ohh god please no... The account limit has already reduced the available account slots by like 40%... Galaxies should be strong because of lots of bases, not because of individually nigh-invincible bases...

Not many galaxies have the maximum base slots filled as it is... Reducing the number of bases the the players who only have 1 or 2 bases chars can deploy will just make it harder for the weaker teams to survive.

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:15 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

he's got a point. The only gals that are maxed are DF10 because they can't be owned. Other then that, unless your sharing with multiple people there aren't many gals that are maxed.

Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:01 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

you really should make any build able gal own able.. assuming there are planets to support colonies, because although the universe is very large it is really annoying to have to spam t3 station kits so other teams can;t build in your kickass DF10 gal...

On a separate note.. if you are limiting pvp from "griefing" you should expand it in another way... like say expanding pvp ranges to help improve the efficiency of targeting of the few bases we can kill...

Example: JumpenJack pisses off pants, so we want to kill his bases, but his CA alt is level 200.. so we can;t kill his bases, so we instead kill Jailbait Jerbil's bases.. lvl 700, that is exactly fair...

Just a thought...

Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:07 am
Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

By the way, Voomy I know you will especially love this answer, but there are other factors than how strong the other team is when you are contemplating taking a gal. One of the things that you think about is how hard is the gal going to be to take? For instance, Kron-cousins, it had 2 bases total that DID have ace pest controls, a level ~400 ambro and a level ~200 adonis (argonaut kit). That was one of the main reasons why the gal was hit. The only effort that it took for us to kill most of the bases was to hit it once with the blowworms and wait ~7 minutes for the base to get raped (which we can use to kill the other bases since the galaxy was spread out and not even close to rapeing us...). People may wonder why teammates help someone take a gal if they personally are not going to directly benefit from someone like nb taking the gal, well usually on poorly defended galaxies, there is a LOT of money on atleast the main colony base, which means 2mil+ coin drops if not 5+mil. Hell, noone ever actually died when we were killing the gal and between us we made probably 80mil just by pwning the bases.

~Wasup999999

(If anyone wonders why post this here rather than anywhere else, because Voomy has no reason to delete this post, and he can't lock the thread like all other threads he locks when the convo goes in a direction he does not like...)

Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:21 pm
Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

Make PvP based on team strength. Rework the team scores to be more representitave of actual strength.

Then let the PvP be based on team score instead of a players individual lvl. A low lvl player can join a high lvl team like JAWSS, but would have to accept that a high lvl player from MERCS could attack said low lvl player, if Mercs and JAWSS team scores were equal.

The problem with this is the rogue account, a low lvl account placed in a single team, with the purpose of killing low lvl teams so that the high lvl team can take over a gal.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:42 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

yeah, I'd like to see PvP stay for sure. Personally, I think a tweaked version of what Junkie said would work

Revamp the team score, and base it on a trength system. You can still have teams run for emp based on colony, and not score... But if you were a higher strength scored team attacking a lower strength scored team, the difference would lower pvp by a %. So the greater the difference, the lower range PvP would be.

If a lower team attacked a higher team, it wouldn't be lowered.

That's just a rough version, but I think it would bring the game balance Jeff wants, and better protect playerbase/newer teams like Voom wants. Sure, if something is still way out of line, you could step in, but I think it woudl fix itself a lot more.

Stil have pvp with gals go higher and lower on DF.

But also I think it'd help if there were a few random protected gals that lead to w3. So it cant be blocked off, and can offer a safe haven to players outside of sol. Just a few scattered ones though.

Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:21 pm
Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

Make PvP based on team strength. Rework the team scores to be more representitave of actual strength.

Then let the PvP be based on team score instead of a players individual lvl. A low lvl player can join a high lvl team like JAWSS, but would have to accept that a high lvl player from MERCS could attack said low lvl player, if Mercs and JAWSS team scores were equal.

The problem with this is the rogue account, a low lvl account placed in a single team, with the purpose of killing low lvl teams so that the high lvl team can take over a gal.

Maybe also make it so that a drop in team score of more then 10% in a day, puts said team under protective custody for X days. They can't be attacked for X days, unless they declare war. They can't attack anyone unless they declare war. (The idea being that one spy who is a mere peon can't mess it up, by attacking someone)

Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:13 am

Personally, I believe the way the strength of base and the way that pvp is based upon level makes causes a huge problem in this:

1) Most high level people that say don't have 3+ achillies+ bases in their gal have lvl 200-300 alts that they use in atleast their main gal to build with, forcing it to be a bitch, if even possible to kill this strong players level 200 gal because being warp 2 with one way war only gives the pvp to 100 through 300...

2) I've seen gals (oVo's) that are completely lvl 100's and lvl 20's

Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:36 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

seriously...if you are going to drop the number of bases allowed you must make bases far more profitable...bases dont cost as much as they used to...but if i am gonna only be able to build sasy 3 stations on one alt how am i supposed to make money peacefully? i can tell you this for sure..if you drop the number of bases allowed on one alt then wars will be far more prevailant and warlike teams will spend more time generaly fucking over smaller teams so they can make good money again...

boost those colonys! dropping the number of bases is a retarded idea but if it happens making colonys far more effective in their buying/selling will do some work twards overcoming the nerf of base numbers.

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:37 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

I think the old PvP was the best. You can't attack people much lower-leveled, you can attack anyone stronger. Why not just go back to basics? Now, you need a college grad to figure out PvP ranges with all the rules and conditions.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:57 am
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Milo
Level: 509

I liked old PvP, but Tobal was able to exploit it and fixing the exploit would mean hurting PvB and power between teammembers.

I like Thummper's idea though. It gives smaller teams the chance to grow and fight other small teams and larger teams oppurtunities to kill weak galaxies.

There's one big flaw with Thummper's idea: All the low level base building alts are obsoleted. I think a fix to this would be to remove level restrictions on bases. I mean how many people have a Anni base by level 50 (On a small team)?

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:08 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

I love building a variety of bases in my galaxies, some for ranged Healing, some for gremming, some for ranged gremming, some for uber low range healing, some for ranged DPS and another for uber point attacks... then I mix the damage types and position my drones for maximum effect..

Reduce the slots again and I loose this variation!!!

Hook a fella up for once!

Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:43 am

There's one big flaw with Thummper's idea: All the low level base building alts are obsoleted. I think a fix to this would be to remove level restrictions on bases. I mean how many people have a Anni base by level 50 (On a small team)?

Erm actually, they need to be further increased, for mid to high level teams, people are leveling their base characters to EXACTLY 200 and stopping (getting 3k DD) and building all ambro bases. The problem is that if you have 5+ ambro bases level 200 all togeather, they are practically invincible because they are out of pvp range for 95% of the strong fighters which means that good players must make level ~200 alts and uber them specifically for base killing so they may fight the opponent. Its okay for say a starting out person to make lvl 200 ambro bases, but when someone that has a level 1k+ character main and makes level 200 base building alts, its completely broken.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:20 pm

THey nerfed bases, I think they should unnerf the rumbles since that's what was happening with Dr X.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:45 pm
Team: Progress
Main: Starship Orleans
Level: 1719

Quote:
as those teams are attacked by stronger teams the members move on to join larger and stronger teams

That's one of the problems. People should be able to start their own team and build them up to become strong. They shouldnt have to join one of the already existing teams to get anywhere.

A level protection based on team strength is the best idea imo.

And what is the motovation for a "weaker" team to transform into a "stronger" team? To level themsemves up into a PvP range where they will get pwned if they aren't ready for it? Hey, it is much easier to stay weak, save the game credits, save the effort, and have The Voomy One play as recess monitor so the players who exploit this can safely sit back in the shade and play with their dolls. Hell, why go invest in a DS when it means that you will suddenly have to take up for yourself? It is so much easier, and so much less hassle to stay in your porpoise and cry for The Mommy One (no disrespect intended, just drawing the parallel) when things don't go your way.

You have created a catch-22. The weaker a team stays, the more invulnerable they now are. You have given them every reason to not get stronger. You just don't get it.

Face the facts... the King is naked.

Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:13 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next