Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Weekly Update 6-25
I stopped doing my weekly updates because, honestly, I forgot to do them. =) It was recently pointed out to me that I should keep doing them, so I will resume them.

The last couple of weeks I have been coordinating three new deals for SS. The first is that we are trying out a server from Kattare to see how good the connection is. Brenden from Kattare has been great and got us a really good deal and got the box up and running. Adam and I have it almost set it up to run SS. We installed a bunch of stuff the other day, and (I think), all I still need to do is copy over the db and start up a SS server.

We have also hired a very good graphics programmer to finish off our new client that we have been working on off and on for over a year now. I am very excited about this, and he is almost all set up and ready to start coding. He is still having some environment problems on his end, but hopefully things will move along quickly.

The third deal that I've been coordinating is that SS has signed a licensing deal with a game compnay from another country who is going to translate SS into another language and advertise and run a server, giving us part of the revenue. I won't announce the compnay or the country, because it's not really my place to announce it, but hopefully the work that I am putting into this will result in an addition revenue stream that can go into either more advertising or more hiring of programmers like the one we recently contracted for the new client.

Programming-wise, I haven't had a lot of time in the recent weeks to get much done with all this other stuff I've been managing. I made a change to the temporary drones so that when the serve loads up, they will automatically get their full lifespan, rather than load up with partial lifespan. I've been looking a little at the beginning of the game and noting changes and enhancements that I want to make. I edited some of the lower tech lesser used hulls and enhanced a lot of them with aug stats and more speed and space. And I did some code additions necessary for translating text strings on the server side to another language.

I have also been making some small additions to the web page for both better help pages and some search engine optimizations.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:30 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:17 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Were has Adam gone anyway? It's good to see starsonata moving forward Jeff I'm sure such advances won't stray my subscription off for long :)

Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:23 am
Profile YIM
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

I am really looking forward for Client 2.

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:16 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

I'm really looking forward to this thing: Image not bouncing up and down like and idiot... And client 2

Lol Yurble I just had to get that out.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:40 am
Profile WWW
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

The third deal that I've been coordinating is that SS has signed a licensing deal with a game compnay from another country who is going to translate SS into another language and advertise and run a server, giving us part of the revenue. I won't announce the compnay or the country, because it's not really my place to announce it, but hopefully the work that I am putting into this will result in an addition revenue stream that can go into either more advertising or more hiring of programmers like the one we recently contracted for the new client.

What about the Chat? Will it stay english? Will it be split up into 2 chats with different language? Will the whole Server be split up into 2 languages?

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:53 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

It will be a whole seperate SS game only available in that country. It will have nothing to do with this SS. Everything will be translated to their language and they will most likely speak their own language in the chats. They will have their own server, own admins and so on.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:57 am
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:13 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Its Texas isn't it??? :D

[JOKING]I would think so, the way their president speaks.[/JOKING]

Has the IQ of a piece of shit...

Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:35 am
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

YES!!! I turned this into a political statement! Score! :P

Na I think that all sounds very positive Jeff, I really look forward to seeing it come through.

Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:05 am
Team: Sykes
Main: PlasmitetheSecond
Level: 858

TEH SWEET!! u guys have piked this game up quite a few notches- congrats

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:42 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

nice to fianly have Codder who is always on the job, things get done faster....so....thank you/ also i would sugest a Respwn of the bana queen.....both alliances have tried both failed.. its insane i have 225k sheilds on my app ward, the bana Queen 5 Hit me....i would suguest a re-spwn or no-one wil get w20 for 1.5months

TRev

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:55 am

thank you for the update, and I'm liking that game companys are looking to get SS out there ;) Maybe you can persuade EA Games to help ;)

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:06 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

nice to fianly have Codder who is always on the job, things get done faster....so....thank you/ also i would sugest a Respwn of the bana queen.....both alliances have tried both failed.. its insane i have 225k sheilds on my app ward, the bana Queen 5 Hit me....i would suguest a re-spwn or no-one wil get w20 for 1.5months

TRev

We have? When did this happen?

As far as I know every time we are wanting to do it everyone that we need is not on or has to go soon so... I'm sure that the 5 hitting thing is also a small deterrent but meh...

Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:24 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next