Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post On Test
* Beefs to many common and lower level hulls.

* Chihuahua Light Fighter and Freighter Fighter Bay.

* Slight changes to the AI attack code, shouldn't see much of a difference.

* Slight change in the hostility generated by slaves.

The fighters that are in on test are the first working version. So far, they can only be manually launched (bases, slaves, and AI's don't launch them yet.) You launch fighters by equipping a fighter bay and then selecting your enemy and clicking on the fighter you want to launch or else pressing the hotkey associated with that fighter. Most important thing to look for in the code is any potential PvP exploits.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:39 am
Profile WWW
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

The Fighters can attack your own slaves and your own fighters. And you should only be able to equip 1 fighter bay

edit: They can also attack ai bases and ais in protected gals without any warning

edit2: They totally ignore pvp rules, too

yet another edit: If they attack, let's say the sol ai, only they get the aggro, not thw owner

Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:54 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

It's not implemented yet, but the theory behind equipping multiple fighter bays is that it will reduce the launch time.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:14 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

They dont totally ignore the pvp rules, I couldnt attack you because of the level protection. They can attack any slaves though it seems.

You can also set them to attack spirits, they wont fire but they will deploy.

Edit: If you target something, deploy the fighters and the target then docks they will lose their orders and wont attack when it undocks again.

Edit: Not sure how hard it would be to do but it would be nice if they would redock in your ship after the target is dead/docked/warped, instead of just decaying.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:19 am
Team: The Happy Campers
Main: Enji
Level: 1638

May I ask what the change in aggro generated from slaves is ? Given their utter ineffectiveness at running, dodging, kiting I hope you didnt make slaves get more aggro (compared to master) than today...

By the way, whenever I try and log on test with my main it asks me for my subscription... What should I do ? I am very willing to pay twice :P

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:41 am

You also get exp from killing team mates/others fighters

edit: Your own, too

Last edited by longname on Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:42 am
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

You also get exp from killing team mates/others fighters

Oh. What level are the fighters? Do they get the level of their owner? Should probably set them as level 1 or something :P

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:46 am

I get 200 exp for killing my own fighters :D

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:50 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

OS wing beef!!! thank you jeff! thank you jeff!! thank you jeff!

oh, and the fighters are cool too! :wink:

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:12 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Even in their bare bones stage right now, fighters are extremely fun to play with. Good work. Now we just need automated launching, the ability to set and change targets for them as well as a plethora more fighters and launch bays.

Even without all that though, they're a blast. Just to see tiny little guards pop out of my Behemoth while I'm flying and attack pesky and hostile Zebucarts. Priceless.

Calypso

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:30 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

it would be truely awesome to see a couple cap ships come bursting into the UZ and pwn everything in sight with a massive armada of fighters...

and thanks for the OS wing beef!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:44 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:09 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

I like them, but found something weird. I can send 1 fighter after another player/AI/whatever, and then I can send a second one to kill the first one! BTW, we should get free augs and gear and stuff on test server to test them with, like exc. augs for levis. I bought one to test, and I didn't have any augs near good enough for it. Would have liked 1 heph and 1 ishi for it. =)

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:10 pm

I like them, but found something weird. I can send 1 fighter after another player/AI/whatever, and then I can send a second one to kill the first one! BTW, we should get free augs and gear and stuff on test server to test them with, like exc. augs for levis. I bought one to test, and I didn't have any augs near good enough for it. Would have liked 1 heph and 1 ishi for it. =)

Quote:
Test is not for players testing Setups

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:33 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Oya
Level: 3394

everytime i try to get on the test server, it's down

Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:37 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next