Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

What about astro pax? Or NCC-bulk? Or OS tort? Or almost any pax, really? They are all fighting freightors.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:03 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The fighter bays will mostly be on bases and specialized ships. Freighters get a weakened version of fighter bays for defense along trade routes. Fleet master will be able to use bays on any ship.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Cstrike262
Level: 3503

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:22 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

The fighter bays will mostly be on bases and specialized ships. Freighters get a weakened version of fighter bays for defense along trade routes. Fleet master will be able to use bays on any ship.

Why would anyone want to equip a FB on a slave? It'd be just asking for trouble passing thru protected galaxies. It'd also take up hull space that should be used to carry goods.

Fighters are considered slaves and take up slaves slots. They are a part of the total offense/defense of a fighting ship... any fighting ship.

If you want to limit the FB in any way then have them come stocked with the fighters that they will support and when those fighters are lost they can only be restocked at a base or AI station. The ship itself can not carry fighters that will automatically be launched from the FB that are in the cargo bay... the ships can only carry extra fighters as cargo. Once docked the fighter(s) in the ship's hold can be moved into the FB, and the FB has a limited fighter capacity.

On the otherhand if you are going to have a new hull class, the Fighter Carrier, it would be able to move any of its fighters from storage into the FB(s) automatically. This should also apply to bases.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:35 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Fighters do not count as slaves nor use up RC slots.

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:05 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1994

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:09 pm
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

Fighters do not count as slaves nor use up RC slots.

Sorry my bad... I thought I read that the fighters would use a slave slot. Need to recycle my brain. < Flush >

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:17 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Now on test, you can equip multiple fighter bays to get faster launch times. The equipping and unequipping of fighter bays works correctly. Fighter can no longer dock back on your ship if you dock.

Also, I added some memory optimizations that reduce the overall memory footprint by 13%. This touched a lot of parts of the code, so should get some good testing. Check and make sure that your favorite set-ups are still working properly, please.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:36 am
Profile WWW
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

When the the fb are working, how much more need fixing before the skill revamp?

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:04 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

After the fighter bays, I think we are pretty much set to go ahead with the skill revamp, although now I am thinking about maybe holding it back to release simultaneously with the new client. I will decide that in about 2 weeks when I can better gauge the progress of client2.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1994

When you think c2 will be out, and read your PM's JeffL...

Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:00 pm
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Jeff cant recive forum PMs, his inbox have been full for more then a year. support@starsonata.com is the best way to reach him. In most cases it's best to just send me a PM though.

When exactly client 2 will be ready is hard to tell atm which is why Jeff wants to wait 2 weeks, it will be easier to tell by then.

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:15 pm
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:30 am
Team: Traders
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

Actually I agree with elryk here. It would make it much easier to hunt down bugs and glitches. You should also test client 2 with the FB's before releasing c2 to try and remove any confliction issues that might occure between the code of the FB's and c2.

HAL in response to reaver laser nerf--"Translation: I am quitting the game because my enemy can sometimes fight back now."

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:28 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2