Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Update 7-18
Recently, the stuff I've been working on:

New memory optimizations that should make things run smoother

More fixes to fighter bays. I think they are pretty much set. I have patched every bug that people mentioned they found. I changed the Chihuahua fighter to have a special ethereal laser that makes the target get a 5% vulnerability to mining, and added a tech 8 fighter called the Whippet that is very fast and does mining damage. Also added a Freighter Fighter Bay 2, which is high enough tech level to launch the Whippet. I think we can start with just these limited options and see how they go before adding in a bunch more.

I cleaned up several graphics from the graphics contest thread for inclusion in the next client patch. There a a few that are pretty good, plus I added in some more that people have sent in over the months that I never had a chance to clean up before.

I helped our new marketing person make an ad landing page for us and launched it, as well as a new download page that the landing page links to so we can track the effectiveness. Check it out at: http://www.starsonata.com/welcome.html.

I updated some of the hulls so that smaller ships are slightly more resistant to mining and bigger ships are less resistant to mining, giving Thatches a mining vulnerability. Some Ubers will probably be getting some new mining weapons soon. Also, I gave most bigger ships slightly higher resistances to physical and gave smaller ships less resistance or slight vulnerability to physical. User bases might be getting slight resistance to physical and vulnerability to mining sometime in the future.

I started working on a feature that will let you right-click sell any item at any AI base. The actual code itself to do that isn't too bad, the big problem is that we have thousands of items with more or less random prices attached to them since they are not currently for sale at AI bases. I made some code that tries to see what has prices that are way out of whack so I can go through and fix them so that this feature can be added, but it's going to take a bit of work.

I wanted to do a patch last night and then tonight, but I keep getting caught up working on other stuff. Maybe tomorrow.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

All sounds nice... I love the physical vulnerability to smaller ships... so the DS is getting another nerf? But paxes will be more resistant to Physical too?

I still havent got some uber DM screenshots as my internet has been down for a week. As soon as I get online I will post these for your other thread.

Any ETA on the new Client yet? as in ... tangible release dates or beta dates?

Cheers

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:44 am
Main: MAGICFLAME
Level: 3175

Wooopeee -_- yet again another nerf or beef woteva u wanna call it. DSs can now get killed in UZ sweet i get 2 loose more GG yet i dont c anythin happenin 2 DM unless there in a Pax.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:21 am
Team: Traders
Main: Dark_one
Level: 3254

Yeh wat magic said have u forgot how much time and effort we put into these ships and yet u nerf them again i mean they were weak to physical to start with and UZ is tuff with that fact adding less resists is just fucking over the old players that have spent many hours playing this game. maybe u should reward us instead of screwing us over!!!!! Dms need to be looked at for sure.

Dark

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:24 am
Team: Sykes
Main: PlasmitetheSecond
Level: 858

DMs are wa yto uber at PvE, and way to weak at PvP.

maybe thats intended? or mebbe it should be balanced more, i wouldnt know how tho :/

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:28 am
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Notice that they will get better mining resistance instead which doesnt really make it a nerf. Physical weapons are usually somewhat easy to dodge.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:28 am

im talking about the DM specs and expertise they have crazy stats.

Dark

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:29 am

Physical weapons are usually somewhat easy to dodge.

Try and dodge two or three zebra bite lasers or rhino lasers bit hard if ur slow cause of the speed nerf on the DS.

Dark

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:31 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

I didn't change the DS at all since it was already vulnerable to physical and resistant to mining.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:32 am
Profile WWW

ok thats good to hear could of made it clear from your first post then i wouldnt be moaning :D

Dark

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:34 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Could have actually checked test rather than automatically bitching. =)

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:35 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team

Good work, Jeff.

About the ad, I assume you aren't using firefox as when I use Firefox, the bottom of the page looks crap: nebula background ends, and starts with black space, and it's not seemless, it's a big contrast from blue to black just like that. I don't have this in Internet Explorer.)

Apart from that, on both browsers (IE & Firefox) and 1024x768 res the widthness of the add exceeds one page. Scrolling down is normal, but scrolling left and right really sucks.

Might just be my comp, but probably not.

It looks fine in both IE and Firefox on the 3 computers I've tried, and a compliance testing program says that the code is fully compliant with standards. Does anyone else have any rendering problems for the welcome page?

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:37 am
Profile WWW

its no fun unless u bitch atlest my point got put across and plus i dont memberise the stats on all the ships so a bit hard to test :D unless i lose alot of GG but then again wouldnt be a clear test :shock:

Dark

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:38 am
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

Could have actually checked test rather than automatically bitching. =)

Better yet he could have actually read your post before bitching.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:47 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next