Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

Good work again Jeff.

But no more nerfs for the DS boys... I think they have had their fill :P

Last edited by Tarik on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:51 am
Team: Traders
Main: Dark_one
Level: 3254

and Thummper i did read the post and it said nothink about not nerfing DS as well as the other LFs so stick that in ur pipe and smoke it.

Dark

Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:59 am
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

New Hope wrote:
Good work, Jeff.

About the ad, I assume you aren't using firefox as when I use Firefox, the bottom of the page looks crap: nebula background ends, and starts with black space, and it's not seemless, it's a big contrast from blue to black just like that. I don't have this in Internet Explorer.)

Apart from that, on both browsers (IE & Firefox) and 1024x768 res the widthness of the add exceeds one page. Scrolling down is normal, but scrolling left and right really sucks.

Might just be my comp, but probably not.

It looks fine in both IE and Firefox on the 3 computers I've tried, and a compliance testing program says that the code is fully compliant with standards. Does anyone else have any rendering problems for the welcome page?

I use Firefox too and have no problems with the page.

New Hope you may need to upgrade your graphics driver and do you have the latest version of Firefox? The latest one is 2.0.0.5.

Last edited by Thummmper on Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:13 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

SD and sniper are noob classes. MF should get pimped and DM should stay uber. DM got higher death losses than anything else. I wouldn't expect the noob classes to be anywhere close to the power of the advanced/expensive classes (DM, seer, raddie, MF)

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:19 am
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

New Hope wrote:
Good work, Jeff.

About the ad, I assume you aren't using firefox as when I use Firefox, the bottom of the page looks crap: nebula background ends, and starts with black space, and it's not seemless, it's a big contrast from blue to black just like that. I don't have this in Internet Explorer.)

Apart from that, on both browsers (IE & Firefox) and 1024x768 res the widthness of the add exceeds one page. Scrolling down is normal, but scrolling left and right really sucks.

Might just be my comp, but probably not.

It looks fine in both IE and Firefox on the 3 computers I've tried, and a compliance testing program says that the code is fully compliant with standards. Does anyone else have any rendering problems for the welcome page?

It happens when you make the page break the vertical scroll. Heres the fix:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
<!--

#background {
   background-image: url(images/bg_nebula-dark.jpg);
   background-repeat: no-repeat;
   height: 100%;
   position: absolute;
   text-align: center;
   left: 0px;
}

//-->
</style>

to

Code:
<style type="text/css">
<!--

#background {
   min-height: 100%; /* Minimum of 100%, Maximum of inf */
}

//-->
</style>

The problem was the background needs to be more than 100% for when you scroll down past the viewing area.

Oh and I'm awesome, I know.

~Wasup999999

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:24 pm

That's mainly because you have a very low resolution, unless Jeff could squeeze it a little more compact, theres not much that can be done. You must use either a very old monitor or must be really old to need the resolution that big :P For most people (me included) the screen resolution is around 1280 x 1024, some people still use 800x600, and very few (like you) use 640x400 (think thats right). It affects only a few people so its not much of a problem.

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:18 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

everything looks pretty cool. also, for the vuln to mining for bigger ships- i hope you dont give pax's more vuln to mining =p

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:22 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Code:
<style type="text/css">
<!--

#background {
   min-height: 100%; /* Minimum of 100%, Maximum of inf */
}

//-->
</style>

The problem was the background needs to be more than 100% for when you scroll down past the viewing area.

On my computer, when I make that change, the nebula gets cut off in IE, whereas in the original version it looks perfect in both IE and Firefox.

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Main: Cyphe12
Level: 1566

I think it just needs to display in full screen mode @ 1024x768 minimum...

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:18 am

What versions of firefox/ie are you using, might be that you have to trick it to work for both. I use Fire Fox 2.0.0.4 and Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11. With your set, when I set my resolution to 800x600 on firefox it cuts off and on internet explorer it works fine. One idea might be to contradict yourself.

Just found smthing interesting, if you instead of changing heigh to min-heigh, you only added min-height, I got the same result as you in ie. Perhaps you did that by accident? Believe me, I'll get it working :D

~Edit: oh and hello ciphe :P

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:25 am

It is always possible to get stuff to work, just more effort some times more than others. The easiest possible way to fix this would be to make the bottom half of the nebula and set the hieght to 1XX% where it still gives the same effect, but if it has to, it will show the bottom of the nebula. In my opinion, that would look better than it cutting off if it does it that way.

Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:09 pm
Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2465

I think it is really fucked up that you didnt say anything about changing requrments for missions especially AT skill up mission ....

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:09 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next