Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Weekly Update 7-30
Since the last update, I've been doing more work on the fighters, and I think they are ready to go in. I made a new attribute for some of the fighters where they can retarget a new enemy if the one they are currently fighting warps away or is killed. I made the tech 4 freighter fighter bay and the tech 4 fighter available for purchase in East Vindia for the next uni and made the higher tech freighter fighter bays as rewards for repeatable missions. I made BP's for building a whole line of fighters up to tech 16 available for purchase. I made East Vindia no longer sell common items, and instead stocked it with a smaller array of common and uncommon items useful for freighters. There will also be a new low level gun useful for freighters available at East Vindia.

I changed the Reaver laser to use tweak effects rather than gremlin effects because it plays much nicer, seeing as how the client knows about tweaks and doesn't know about gremlins. Also changed Zen of Calmness to 1% and to protect against negative weapon effects. Gave AI ships a small Zen of Calmness amount based on their level.

I made it so AI's and slaves will now launch fighters if they have fighter bays and available fighters. I added a new low level NPC that will spawn around Sol who will launch fighters at you if you attack him.

I have been working on optimizing our advertising a lot the last couple weeks. I did an analysis of how many clicks we are paying for per country and how many paying users we get from each country and made a ratio of how likely people from each country are to end up paying for the game. I then totally cut out advertising to all but about 12 countries, since advertising to the rest just hasn't been paying off. Interesting, our CPC has gone up since that change, since the countries we are now targeting have more advertising bidding for them, but overall, I'm pretty sure this will be a strong improvement for bringing more players in per ad dollar.

Our contractor who is working on client2 has successfully merged what we had so far with the latest version of the Irrlicht graphics engine which is two versions later than what we were previously using.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:58 am
Profile WWW
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

Also changed Zen of Calmness to 1% and to protect against negative weapon effects. Gave AI ships a small Zen of Calmness amount based on their level.

What is the change from? Neing told it was 2%...does this mean its worse then before?

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:04 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

Any rough guesstimate on when Client2 will arrive... talking No. of unis away as opposed to months?

Also, are we likely to see some common bug fixes soon for Vista / OOM bug?

:)

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:06 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

I believe so PA, But it will mork much better.....Because gremming will now be a 'tweak' effect, it wont be all mega jumpy and such on the client, instead it will just be like a negative turning buff, similar to those in say the uber zone, and enigmatic sector. The new Zen of Calmness will reduce this effect by (and I am guessing here) Decreasing the time for which the negative turning buff affects you. Overall good changes, fighters will most certainly be an interesting new aspect in the game :)

EDIT: Also, it will mean you can shoot AI with grem weapons such as the reaver laser and bestow a negative turning tweak on them, this will be less effective on higher (tech?) level AI as they will have more resistance to the tweak, but it will still give them a use.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:16 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

I think the time on the UZ debuffs were also increased because of the change I made to ZoC.

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

If the slaves we own launch fighters will those fighters get the bonus from the secondary skill?

I <3 you Jeff

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:54 pm
Team: Light Commerce
Main: dragoonlord
Level: 772

Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:01 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

are fighter bays going to be exclusivly for freightors?? seeing as there isnt a freightor in game id take into a battle situation..and the last time i looked at the fighter bays on test they where all for freightors.. XD

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:26 am
Team: Light Commerce
Main: dragoonlord
Level: 772

bad jeff bad jeff why the reaver was the bad helro that told u about my reaver that keept pwning him? ;O

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:34 am
Team: Sykes
Main: PlasmitetheSecond
Level: 858

id take an assault behe into a situation...... and app wards are feightors too. ShM fighters?

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:53 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

No fighter bays are not going to be exclusively for freighters, but that is how they are going to start out to see how people use them and how powerful they are. The new class, Fleet Commander, will be able to use fighter bays on everything, and even sooner than that I will be adding fighter bays for base defense.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:19 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Wow having fighters at the same level as bases (Like Ambro fighters and Achilles fighters) that you build would be sick :D

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

are fighter bays going to be exclusivly for freightors?? seeing as there isnt a freightor in game id take into a battle situation..and the last time i looked at the fighter bays on test they where all for freightors.. XD

dont forget that the pax is a freighter

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:07 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]