Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Now on Test2
Please test this stuff for me. I would like to do a patch tomorrow on the main server after people have had a chance to try some of this out.

- Colonies get the suitability from the highest CA base attached rather than the average.

- Can't transfer or cap another players slave that has equipment on it that you can't use. Can't equip a controlbot on a ship that has equipped items that you can't use.

- Can supposedly cap an AI that has equipment that you can't use, but as soon as you dock it, if you re-slave it, anyone else trying to cap it will need to be able to use any equipment on board.

- DT's and Bart now will launch and drop Dark Fighter Defenders, the toughest fighters so far.

- Spawners will now spawn with built-in items that are supposed to come with their hull

- If their carrier is destroyed, fighters will keep fighting until they run out of fuel, rather than float off into space when they reach their return time and keep floating until they run out of fuel

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:56 am
Profile WWW
Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

Post Re: Now on Test2
Haven't tested it yet, but:
JeffL wrote:
- Colonies get the suitability from the highest CA base attached rather than the average. GOOD

- Can't transfer or cap another players slave that has equipment on it that you can't use. Can't equip a controlbot on a ship that has equipped items that you can't use. GOOD

- Can supposedly cap an AI that has equipment that you can't use, but as soon as you dock it, if you re-slave it, anyone else trying to cap it will need to be able to use any equipment on board. GOOD

- DT's and Bart now will launch and drop Dark Fighter Defenders, the toughest fighters so far. Can't wait to try Barty.

- Spawners will now spawn with built-in items that are supposed to come with their hull What does this mean?

- If their carrier is destroyed, fighters will keep fighting until they run out of fuel, rather than float off into space when they reach their return time and keep floating until they run out of fuel

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:02 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Just means that there was a bug and AI's that spawned with hulls that had built-in items weren't getting them. Not that that really mattered, because I think DT and Bart are the first spawned AI's to have hulls with built-in items. =)

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:17 am
Profile WWW
Team: Sykes
Main: PlasmitetheSecond
Level: 858

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:14 am
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

question, about the colonys, is that done by gal or char
as in if the suit of the main planet is 125% does all planets get that or how does that happen , plz explain in depth

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:48 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

question, about the colonys, is that done by gal or char
as in if the suit of the main planet is 125% does all planets get that or how does that happen , plz explain in depth

He's refering to if you have a CA base on a planet, and a non CA base on the same planet... that planet will get the highest suit, rather then the average like before.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:54 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

so i can place an EE, and a CA and do both at a high pop sweet

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:17 pm
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Yup, basically you only need a CA char to go around and put a tech 1 base on every colony planet, from there it doesent matter what else you put on it....

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:32 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

oooh - I want to make a new sniper AI that tries to one shot any tech 6 CA base that it sees. =)

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:03 am
Profile WWW
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

oooh - I want to make a new sniper AI that tries to one shot any tech 6 CA base that it sees. =)

hehe, give it an adum's blocker then so people can't shoot it down :) now that would be fun hehe

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:06 am

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:15 am
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: TehGeneral
Level: 2847

Yup, basically you only need a CA char to go around and put a tech 1 base on every colony planet, from there it doesent matter what else you put on it....

Well, that would certainly make a war against you fu nat the least :P

*Caps the base to a non aggro char, upgrades to t20*
*repeats on all other similar bases in the gal*
*Unleashes hell*

Even Minch can figure that one out :P

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:16 am

Considering the majority of bases I see are Tech =>14 anyway...And I didn't say that is what I would do, I said that is what cheap lazy people will do....I still intend to level up my second CA char on my secondary account, as I enjoy making good bases.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:20 am
Team:
Main: Equinoxe
Level: 736

Your team score would get punched in the face if you ran around putting tech 6 bases on planets because of the new score rule.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:24 am

You are missing the point, I was saying that people can have one CA char, put tech 6 bases on colony planets, then use say an EE to make the main base which would get EE bonuses while keeping the full suitability.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:29 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next