Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next

Which class do you think you would choose if you had to choose now?
Sniper 20%  20%  [ 38 ]
Berserker 10%  10%  [ 18 ]
Speed Demon 17%  17%  [ 31 ]
Seer 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Engineer 20%  20%  [ 37 ]
Shield Monkey 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Gunner 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Fleet Commander 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 187

Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

Sniper: 40:820:164
Stalking: 60:1930:386
Efficiency: 80:3340:668
Range: 100:5050:1010

NT: 50:1275
AT: 25:325

Weapons: 20:210
Equipment: 20:210
Piloting: 20:210
Engine: 19:190
Cloaking: 18:171
Shield: 18:171
Elec: 18:171
Radar: 16:136
Tractor: 16:136
Astral: 50:50
Warp Nav: 04:40

This is a fairly basic setup of the highest lvl players, in fact I'd say most have higher skills than this in the general area, let alone bar skills, SM, DD, RC, tractor, glory, leadership, IK skills... and this takes 1669 lvls. Besides this I have listed next to each max point the number of levels required to max them. I'm still running the calculation on how having partial skills add up to having the current skills. I feel adding incentive for the highest lvls is great, but I have this feeling that once I run those calcs for the partial skills we will see how much the lowest lvl chars and those starting from scratch are going to suffer.

Global aug-reset should happen and I am some one that STRONGLY thinks they are a bad idea under 98% of situations. It would take a very long time but I think it would be better to limit each char to unauging 3-5 ships.

As for free skill resets after this is implemented feel that it would be great to be able to reallocate some unwisely spent previous SP from things like glory and track skills.

And if you only stay with making Spec augs unsticky make them like energies and shields where they are unequipable but don't drop if you are out of GG.

I would suggest making the two core classes be on one scale and the three subsequent skills on another.

ie: Combat Focus+Sniper = 40 lvls = 820 SP
Stalking+efficiency+range = 60 lvls = 1930 SP
This would resualt in a lvl of 550 to max the spec skills

The 8 major skills take 1680 SP or 336lvls so you are looking at a lvl of 886 with NO bar skills, NO bases, NO slaves, NO drones, NO AT, NO NT, NO IK, NO tractors, NO warp nav, NO glory, NO trac skills, NO Piracy, NO Astral travel, NO Control skills, NO Zens skills, and none of the new "resource" skills...

Please give me the figure of chars above lvl 1K as a percentage.. I wanna know how many people this is being tailored to...

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:41 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Power Player
Level: 3036

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:01 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I am going to tentatively add 1% more damage and 1% more range to snipers and see how it looks.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:08 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The suggestion that the focus and class be in one pool and the sub-skills be in another sounds fairly reasonable. We will think about it.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:10 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 4058

Jeff my current primary character is a Merchant/MFM. His role in the scheme of things is storage and hauling.

Currently he has cap bonus of 9% for a merchant and 2.25% per level from MFM.
He is very useful for moving stuff and I currently spend more time on him than any of my other characters. Am I going to lose 45% of my current capacity or is those other skill I can get to make up for the lost MFM capacity?

I have no interest in any form of of fighting with this character , he is solely there for logistics. Specifically for moving stuff.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:18 am
Profile YIM
Team: Sheilds
Main: Darkblood
Level: 3389

I would just like to make a point the idea of a free skill reset is all well and good but unless you are removing all commods requirements from skill leveling in the game you are takeing away skills with commods that were extremly hard to get in the first place and now we will be expected to go out and obtain them all again for a part time player such as myself this represents about a years worth of work flushed down the toliet for nothing. I also notice serveral nerfs to the skills that I already have so unless the new classes are a major improvement I doubt I shall spend the next year or so trying to get them back.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:47 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

might have been said already, but how long is this gonna take to be put in game? Its seems like augging any ship atm would be a real dumb idea...

Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:51 am
Main: Jumpen Jack
Level: 2585

The suggestion that the focus and class be in one pool and the sub-skills be in another sounds fairly reasonable. We will think about it.

I would strongly suggest you don't allow this. Some level of control is needed to keep these classes balanced. I can already think of many differant ways in which I can break an open ended system like that. Don't second guess yourself on this one, go with what you have.

Jumpen Jack

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:11 am
Team: Terran Empire
Main: Marcus Smythe
Level: 2671

Having it so even Bizman can't have everything maxed is an awesome idea. Suck it up just because you don't like levelling, and welcome to a real gaming system coming in.

Well played Jeff, well played.

Just really, really think about a Global Aug Reset.

Im happy to level. Im happy to 'suck it up'.

However, if the changes proposed went in right now, at the costs listed, I COULDNT LEVEL.

Im level 618 or so ATM. Biggest thing I can take down is lvl 700 or so.. Big Greens. If I lost the benefits of my current skill sets, and replaced it with the 34 or so levels I could buy with the skill points I got back...

I wouldnt be hunting the things that I hunt to gain levels.

If the skill points I already have invested in Sniper/FA/Zrkr would, when refunded, by me enough in the new system to put me in about the same place, Id be relatively more okay with it. However, as I noted in my post earlier... For the same skill points as I've currently spent, I enjoy a massive nerf. Heck, for all the skill points that Bizman has...
I enjoy a major nerf.

:shock:

If they want this to work, your current investment should get you to about where you are (which is why I suggested that Focus and Specialty should be normal skills, with the sub-skills shared. That would allow someone with 3 Spec Skills currently at 20 to max out their Focus, Specialty, and one sub-skill.) The bonuses given (in a balanced system) would be about the same.

Then, you could buy the remaining two sub skills at 21-60 points per level, or about 2400 skill points.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:43 am
Team: Terran Empire
Main: Marcus Smythe
Level: 2671

JeffL wrote:

I would strongly suggest you don't allow this. Some level of control is needed to keep these classes balanced. I can already think of many differant ways in which I can break an open ended system like that. Don't second guess yourself on this one, go with what you have.

Jumpen Jack

I think you misunderstand him. He was saying that Focus and Class would be one pool for point costs, and the sub-skills under the class be in another.

Ergo, To max, say, combat Focus and Sniper would take 40! Skill points (IE, 820), but you would get to start over on sub-skills (Such that getting your first sub-skill to 20 would take 210 Skill Points)

My actual suggestion had been to keep focus and class seperate from one another, and everything else (thus 210 for Combat Focus, 210 for Sniper 20), but that was evidently more cost reduction than the admins thought was worth looking at.

Note that the currently suggested scenario, youll be paying 40! and then 60! for everything, for a total of 820+1830 Skill Points. This is a no-joke amount, but rather radically better than 100!, or 5050.

Perhaps more importantly, this would lower the cost for Focus, Class, and 1 Sub Skill from 1830 SP to 1030... which, while hardly fixing the problem (I need to get to lvl 1000 before this change goes in, if I intend to keep leveling).. will help.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:53 am
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

Don't know why everyone is picking SD for it sucks lol

Itm needs a dam beef im telling ya!!

-Minch-

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:08 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

not to be pushy or rude, but could I get some feedback on:

the sp cost
credits cost
how we are going to slide over from the old skills to the new ones
a global aug reset
SD feedback possibly
ect ect

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:08 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Don't know why everyone is picking SD for it sucks lol

Itm needs a dam beef im telling ya!!

-Minch-

SD is more then fine with these new skills. It will be much stronger then it is now, maybe even too strong.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:15 am
Team: Traders
Main: mrwoo
Level: 8310

cant some sub skills be rewarded at certain levels and sp is free to use on other things needed ie w20 etc or maybe 1 set of sub skills as a reward for every 50 levels and secound can be got on sp so at least at level 1k say you can be maxed out on main and 1 sub level but its down to you wether you spen sp on nt etc or the last sub skill to balance your self

this would free up sp and intice players to level and some more gain than in team chat like whoot i'm level 650 now etc

Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:28 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 30  Next