Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next

Which class do you think you would choose if you had to choose now?
Sniper 20%  20%  [ 38 ]
Berserker 10%  10%  [ 18 ]
Speed Demon 17%  17%  [ 31 ]
Seer 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Engineer 20%  20%  [ 37 ]
Shield Monkey 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Gunner 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Fleet Commander 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 187

Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Sniper will deffinetly need a buff, I for one am certain I would not be staying Sniper.

And a Global Aug Reset would be 100% required Jeff... all ships are augged towards current skill class bonuses.

Also: If the idea early on is to get the best feedback possible, letting people dive headfirst into the classes with the augs they would get back would be the perfect way to go about it. If you would not provide a global aug reset, it could take months to find all the "flavour" classes, and rich people could have been using them for months on end by that point.. a Global Aug Reset levels the playingfield.

and jeff, if your REALLY negative on a GAR, then at least give us unlimited testing abilities on test server, so we dont use ingame creds for real

I btw, am totally for a GAR

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Team: The Journey
Main: Journeyman
Level: 2413

5050 SP does honestly seem a bit rediculous, sure it might be better that a person cannot max speciality skills at level 200~ but having to get to at least level 1k? How is anyone going to manage that when they dont have maxed out secondary skills, this will, for lack of a better term, 'kill off' the playerbase under level 1k+, which accounts for a fair amount of players.

Please do not make maxing those skills cost 5050 SP. And a Global Aug Reset does seem like it would be needed.

Im considering going Zerker because of the great tanking and DPS, though I am still thinking of going gunner.

Last edited by The Journeyman on Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:05 pm
Main: Jumpen Jack
Level: 2585

Brilliant, I like every aspect of it. Seems very well thought out. Good work in the idea department!

Balaced combat classes for PvP + variaty may mean the balace is shifting from equipment based PvP to the more skill based variety, a missing peice in this game.

5050 SP, awesome stuff there just what the level system needed.

Right now I own a ship that takes advantage of sniper, and one for zerker, so I'm losing a main combat class basicly, and I could almost care less. Although the loss of all the augs from my ships, sucky. I can't bust em off my rosies anyway. The augs in my ship are not going to be usefull and will be wasted. If I can't unaug my rosies well they may be wasted too. An aug reset would counter the countless billions I'd need to be as functional or more so then I am now, so I'm down for one.

Last edited by Domhawth on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:17 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Polydectes
Level: 1842

5050 SP is to have the skills MAXED... Remember alot of you won't even be able to max many skills because you don;t have the subsequent skills to, such as W20, equip20, etc.

This on top of the new AT/NT skills does seem a little harsh though. NT takes 1250 SP to max, AT takes 325 SP to get it to 25. That is 6625 total SP.. on sub skills. There are 7 basic skills maxable to 20 (1470), another 40 on warp skills. That is like lvl 1616 alone.

Then there are the station skills, track skills, Glory, Bar Skills Zens (5050 SP to max each) Drone skills, Slave skills, peacekeeping, cloaking, piracy, astral travel.. I mean we are talking Bizman isn't gonna come close to maxing everything...

More important than bizman though, lower lvls (LVL500-1000ish low...) are gonna struggle to be close to as powerful as they once were.

I really think that making the skills take 630 SP is more reasonable.. it is a difference of 800 lvls! The average player isn't gonna be able to get those 800 extra lvls to become what they were.

I'm going seer, I like free w4... even though I already have w4 ; )

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:34 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

Jeff, its good, but please don't share it amongst the skills. 5050 SP is way too much (1010 lvls is horrible). Kinda like it is now, so, for example:

Combat Focus 1-20 (Only need 10 lvls to get to sniper, other 10 are useful but optional, kind of like it only takes 10 lvls of fighter ace and 10 lvls of zerker for sniper. Also goes 1-20 progressive)

Sniper 1-20 (Again, 10 in the progressive 1+2+3+4+5 ect. form to get the next 3 skills)

Stalker 1-20 (as with the above two, 1 point for lvl 1, 2 points for lvl 2, ect. progressive)
Range (same as above)
Efficiency (again, same as above)

This way, people don't need 5050 skill points to get everything maxed. Also, this gives the most flexibility for players to modify how they want to build their characters. As said in an earlier post, it would still only take 1050 SP's or 210 levels. Doesnt that sound fairer? It would allow more flexability, make it far easier and alot more reasonable to max skills, player who have sniper 20 already would stay roughly where they are now, and newer players will have a bigger chance of being able to get a skill to 20. Who agrees with me?

HAL in response to reaver laser nerf--"Translation: I am quitting the game because my enemy can sometimes fight back now."

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:08 pm
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

even tho ill have the SP's probs :P

but still its rediciolous

mind the spelling :P

and nerfing range on SD is redicolous and what ever else

tbh we should have speed and damage , not to much damage but some!

-Minch-

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:33 pm
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Yes 5050 Sp is redicolous

even tho ill have the SP's probs :P

but still its rediciolous

mind the spelling :P

and nerfing range on SD is redicolous and what ever else

tbh we should have speed and damage , not to much damage but some!

-Minch-

The only thing im really lacking atm is Speed...

I more so need Speed, and Speed Demons sould also get some nice tracking.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:41 pm
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

Heres a question: Can an admin please tell us exactly how exactly the skill will be trained and the skill points be used? By the sound of it, many people are concerned (obviously) about the amount of skill points they think it will take.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:10 pm

Let's celebrate this momentous upcomming occasion with an Aug reset.
I realize that may not be possible, but I'm still down for the new classes no matter the cost. Anything that improves this game THAT much I'll sacrifice for. So to everyone that is getting hurt by SS improvements, suck it up. SS reaching it potential, and becomming one of the great MMO's is more important then any one of us, or the playerbase as a whole even.

Jumpen Jack

Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:20 pm
Team: Wicked Sick
Main: ShivasJoy
Level: 4061

One way to go might be giving different skills different sp costs.

Skills that can level easily like Sniper should have big SP costs, but Skills like ShieldMonkey that depend on others to lvl shouldn't need to be lvl 2000+ to max their Skills. Unless Admins want us to switch between Skills to lvl first and then go ShM in the end.

And please reconsider only making the Spec and Exp Augs sticky. Every Aug is augged on purpose. To serve one special Skill. Not only the Spec ones.. So if the Skill gets changed, all Augs have to be replaced. What does it matter if I change 1 Aug of a Ship that has 4 Aug slots. Not too much.

And about the sacrificing for the change. How many paying customers is SS willing to sacrifice for the change?

(yeah I know I post too much on that topic.. I will try to keep myself back and relax..) Image

regards,
MB

Last edited by shiNm4 on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:36 pm
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: TehGeneral
Level: 2847

Having it so even Bizman can't have everything maxed is an awesome idea. Suck it up just because you don't like levelling, and welcome to a real gaming system coming in.

Well played Jeff, well played.

Just really, really think about a Global Aug Reset.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:42 pm
Main: BlackDragon
Level: 1875

So sniper in a sense is becoming obsolete?

They wont be agile, that takes away dodging. They cant tank since they wont have a sweet shield regen or blocking tweak like the MFs. So they are expected to sit way out there, completely still as to maximize their full skill potential, shoot once, and move?

Thats retarded.

I'd sit maybe 4k out, shoot my Merc Mag about 20 times, get off about 5000 damage, and then move to another location (very slowly) and repeat. Thats just dumb.

I understand its over powered atm, but isnt this a bit over board?

~BD

Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 pm

Well BD, looks like someone just flushed the toilet on ya. =D

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:34 pm
Team: Oblivion
Main: Elryk
Level: 4472

Well, considering that there wont be an Global Aug Reset (Please reconsider this, as this is a major change that is going to require drastic steps to implement successfully) Im basically going to be forced to stay sniper, maybe in 1 or 2 unis when i can afford to put together a real setup (not half-assed. Do it right or dont do it) I would prolly consider trying out either gunner or zerker (with all the trimmings of course). Kinda leaning toward gunner atm. But like i said, im stuck at Sniper since thats what im setup for in both of my combat ships.

A Global Aug Reset is almost defiantly required for a change of this magnitude. If your worried about a reset crashing the economy, i really doubt that would happen. Most people are going to be re-using the augs that get unequipped (in a global aug reset situation) to re-aug their ships for the new classes.

As well thought out as this seems, and as good as almost everything looks, sniper is getting hit a bit hard here, and without an aug reset, alot of people are going to end up being stuck with the worst class for a while until they can afford to ditch their current ships and buy a new one with new augs and maybe even new gear.

As for the cost of the skills, I think its fine, it leaves room for progression even after you hit lvl 1k, which im all for. In the current system, there isnt much you can do after about lvl 600 or so that can help you be better. (assuming you can afford the gear you have the skills for)

Last edited by Kyrle on Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:48 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Agian, 5050 sp for JUST these skills si crazy, someone pointed out that it would take over 8k jsut tog et to where we are today, thats over lvl 1300 in just getting to where some lvl 800 lvl players are today.

Dont make t cost 505 sp, mabey somewhere around 2k for MAXED out, thats still SUPER high, but wayyyyyyyyyyyyx1e100yyy more reasonable, but still nuts.

Deeply consider the affects of an aug reset, not economy wise, but for t3h playerz

thanks

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:48 pm
Profile WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next