Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next

Which class do you think you would choose if you had to choose now?
Sniper 20%  20%  [ 38 ]
Berserker 10%  10%  [ 18 ]
Speed Demon 17%  17%  [ 31 ]
Seer 5%  5%  [ 9 ]
Engineer 20%  20%  [ 37 ]
Shield Monkey 9%  9%  [ 16 ]
Gunner 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Fleet Commander 10%  10%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 187

Main: Goz
Level: 1564

So sniper in a sense is becoming obsolete?

They wont be agile, that takes away dodging. They cant tank since they wont have a sweet shield regen or blocking tweak like the MFs. So they are expected to sit way out there, completely still as to maximize their full skill potential, shoot once, and move?

Thats retarded.

I'd sit maybe 4k out, shoot my Merc Mag about 20 times, get off about 5000 damage, and then move to another location (very slowly) and repeat. Thats just dumb.

I understand its over powered atm, but isnt this a bit over board?

~BD

Its because the admins are over-doing the skills

instead of giving sniper (and other skills) sooo much bonus, and then alot of reprocussions, consider giving each skill a decent bonus and smaller reprocussions.

instead of going +100% somthing and -50% somthign else, try +75% somthing and -20% somthign else

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:50 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Oblivion
Main: Elryk
Level: 4472

BlackDragon wrote:

They wont be agile, that takes away dodging. They cant tank since they wont have a sweet shield regen or blocking tweak like the MFs. So they are expected to sit way out there, completely still as to maximize their full skill potential, shoot once, and move?

Thats retarded.

I'd sit maybe 4k out, shoot my Merc Mag about 20 times, get off about 5000 damage, and then move to another location (very slowly) and repeat. Thats just dumb.

~BD

instead of giving sniper (and other skills) sooo much bonus, and then alot of reprocussions, consider giving each skill a decent bonus and smaller reprocussions.

instead of going +100% somthing and -50% somthign else, try +75% somthing and -20% somthign else

What your suggesting would start to make the classes seem more alike, the object of classes is to have different approaches to them. if they all only give minor changes, whats the point? Goz, your posting a bit too much, calm it down a bit. Your over reacting and i for one am starting not to take any post you make here seriously. This isnt a flame, just telling it how it is.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:54 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

BAM5992 wrote:
BlackDragon wrote:

Thats retarded.

~BD

What your suggesting would start to make the classes seem more alike, the object of classes is to have different approaches to them. if they all only give minor changes, whats the point? Goz, your posting a bit too much, calm it down a bit. Your over reacting and i for one am starting not to take any post you make here seriously. This isnt a flame, just telling it how it is.

I kinda realized that, but I wanna make sure im heard and nnoticed, and how much of this I think needs to be said

sorry for t3h spamz pplz

also, I was saying not to give skills such HUGE canges, not little ones, but not as much as 150% of anything from skill alone :?

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:56 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

5,000 SP is only 1k levels, not totally unreasonable. Not to mention you are all neglecting to read about how the main skill with 1-2 of the sub skills maxed will roughly get you on par with say, a single level 20 skill today. The third sub class which takes the most SP is a bonus, not a requirement of being able to use the skill effectively. I would most certainly like to see Jeff's responsive to the suggestions of a global aug reset, It would be somewhat difficult not to really.....This is going to be an incredibly significant change to the game, affected practically 100% of players, not just those who own DS's, are sniper, etc. This time it actually is everyone.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:36 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

The whole idea with the high SP cost is to add variation. You are NOT supposed to have all 3 sub-skills. You are supposed to chose 1 or 2 to specialize yourself. If you then manage to level so high that you can afford all 3 then that's the reward you get for your hard work.

As for a level 600 not being able to afford getting 2 sub-skills, that's the whole point. There's now a reason to be higher level then 500. At level 600 you arent really that high level.

As for SD having to go into close combat, just dont get dogfighting and you will have much better range. You have to sacrifice range to get that sweet damage bonus.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:23 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

So lame.. i love lvl 500 >.> Bad admin Bad admin!

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:24 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

when i 1st read i thought you were saying we were going to be able to combine different secondarys :shock: SD/Sniper.... SD/MF..... Monkey/Sniper :shock: hehe would be pretty cool and would add more variety to the game, of course you wouldnt get the full effects of both skills just a little of each so it would be balanced...

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:50 pm
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

Is it just me, or does sniper get no range for being sniper???

It seems like you have to sit still just to get the range.... and train the subset to do it. IMO, that just doesn't make sense. At least add range in the sniper class itself.

~bach

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:55 pm

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:08 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

yea kinda makes sense for a Sniper to have range :roll: when i 1st heard of sniper i thought of something that can take no damage but would just stay far away and out range everything ...

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:24 am

You have a sub-skill for range.

but you have to sit still for it to really have any effect....

Sniper should have some inbuilt range to begin with.... a subset should add bonuses to make you better, not add core skills that should already be there. Not to mention you have to sit still for it to really work.

The sub skill is nice, but it shouldn't be the only way to get range the way it's setup.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:39 am

Looks fine to me, you are meant to have atleast 1 sub-skill so the fact that range is one of them is not a problem imo.
You also have to keep in mind that the strategy for playing as sniper will change now, you can no longer rely on your shields to save you. The range sub-skill will work very nicely together with stealth and it will make kiting harder.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:46 am

But the way your setting it up.... sniper will be extremely hard to use unless it's in a BT killing MS, or some other uber

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:49 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Power Player
Level: 2607

im not sure if this was asked already but for zerker what do you mean by shots?

Does that mean it will make one weapon fire 2 shots? or give you another weapon slot?

Oh and would SP be refunded so we can get the skills?

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:30 am

It's probably meant to say slot, not shot.

Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:38 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next