Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

Post Content Update, 9.11
Since Jeff gave an update on what he was doing, I think it is fitting that I follow suit.

Primarily my work has been focused on the new class content and the rework of existing class content. There is a lot of work to be done for when we make this change.

First, Lyceum has been entirely changed. It will be migrating inward, between Danger Factor 30 and 50. Since it will be a class content hub, and all class skills will be trained here, we felt it was important that easier access be giving to this zone. Note that this also gives easier access to the Uber Zone, something I think most players will enjoy as well. Also the station layout has been altered to fit the new class count and make the stations more easily accessible.

Second, I have reword the way classes will be initially obtained. Upon reaching level 21, a mission is unlocked in Sol which leads you to Lyceum. From there, you will pick your Focus via a mission, and then your Class via a mission, ultimately unlocking your Class Station from which you train Class and Subskills. You will not be able to train classes without doing these missions first. In each Class Station you will also find an exclusive Class Introduction mission that will unlock all the rest of the Lyceum Class content (level restrictions will still apply however). As long as you finish the introduction mission, as you go back for higher levels of your class skills, you will continue to find missions that give class specific items to help you out. You might even see Subskills Items.

Third, Class Augmenters. I have decided to take the following route concerning these. Instead of simply changing stats on some of the augments and making new ones, I will be making all new augmenters for each class and focus. You will then be able to turn your old Class Augmenters into tokens you can trade for new ones. This means you will be able to swap all your old Class Augmenters for any of the new Class Augmenters provided they are the same level, which should be a boon if you change classes entirely.

I have fixed the S.R. 4493 Mission, but unfortunately it cannot be updated until the new universe. I have also added a few more bounty hunter missions which you will find next universe as well.

The Post-Nexus Blue Pirate content is still under development, I only added the first half of the content with the new universe (hopefully this answers a few of the questions surrounding it). Due the magnitude of the coming change though, I am focusing most of my work on the new Classes. This means this Blue Pirate project has been set aside for the moment, but I will make all attempts to finish it up in time for our next reset.

Caelestis

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:46 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

sweet deal with the classes and he augs. and thanks for focusing on the skills and not the blue pirate stuff

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:00 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Klestiko
Level: 1994

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:01 pm
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:03 pm
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Are ya still doing the unsticky of all spec and exp augs briefly at some point before the new skills go in so we can pull them off all our ships so we can actually fly some of the suckers to re-aug them?

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:11 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I think the unsticky class augs is something that I have to do in code.

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:24 pm
Main: deadwall
Level: 2053

This should also solve any problem about the stickiness: Old augs are set to zero stats and made unsticky (permanently), while new augs will be sticky from the start.

-Slicer

do you ever think befor you talk? if it is for all aug it will hert all the porer plaers as some aug cast alot as my 2 dm ex i paded 7 bill eachand some are gast very raer like the qua

Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:04 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Slicer is only referring to the Expertise augs I believe...

Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:48 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

Ouch I paid 15 bil each for my DM Exps when they first came out and were uber.

Please don't kill them :)

Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:04 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

If people would read the full extent and meaning of Cael's proposal, you would find that people would have the ability to trade in their current expertise augs, for tokens which can then in turn be exchanged for the new augs. Slicer has suggested that all curent expertise augs get made unsticky and have no stats, so that they are in essence just commoditys to obtain these tokens, and hence the new augs...

Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:40 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

thanksfor the update

Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:24 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:00 am