Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Update 9-21
I have finished all the new class skills and sub-skills except for missile mastery.

Gunner is fully implemented. His destruction skill will give the target 0.5% vulnerability to the current damage type per level of destruction, or 1% per level if the gunner is multi-firing, up to a maximum of 20% vulnerability.

The Fleet Commander's bonus to field generators is in, as is the flight controllers bonus to number of fighters and quality of the fighters. Since slaves inherit half of their masters class skills, a character with level 20 Flight Controller can take a Freighter Fighter Bay that normally launches 2 fighters and launch 4 with it, and slave up a freighter slave who can launch 3 fighters himself. So with a few slaves, a Fleet commander can get a whole lot of fighters out into space, and that is not even counting the capital ship only fighter bays that will be maybe up to twice as large in their capacity.

Radiation Expert sub-skill has gotten a lot of changes. He can now cap a ship of tech level up to his RadX skill, even if that ship is higher than his Remote Control skill, meaning he can cap Big Greens, but the total number of points used still needs to stay under the normal RC cap, so he won't likely be able to have two BG slaves simultaneously. In addition, RadX can cap "uncapturable" ships of tech level up to his RadX skill, though can not ever dock them. This is how he is now able to cap big greens or a pair of Slumberchromes, etc. The slave master skill plus the extra bonus that radX gets to "wild slaves" (slaves that have never been docked) will make for some pretty tough slaves, I hope, but slaves without stasis, so they are expendable.

Caelestis says that the new Lyceum has all the basic for the new classes, so as soon as I figure out how to reset everyones current skills I can get something up on test for everyone to try.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:58 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

just make resets free, like skills that exsists inggame but are unobtainable

i.e. SS recoganizes SD as SD, but there are just 2 forms of it, so it will be unobtainable after awhile (free resets btw)

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Spacing Guild
Main: FracOMac
Level: 3369

awesome, this means they'll be on test soon right?

Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:29 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

since well, wow how long will it take

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:40 pm
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

Still need the stats for Drone Mastery on the new skills list.

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:43 pm
Main: Convivial
Level: 1145

Well I have to say cool beans :) Quick question what stats does Fleet Focus effect with its 2% to most stats for cap ships and 1% for non-cap?

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:53 pm
Team: MAD+
Main: Yurble
Level: 1967

~Lots of love and cookies and blue fur
~Yurbs

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:57 pm
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

And the skill description in the skill list for Destruction says 1.5% vulnerability. Is this now .5% or still 1.5%?

Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:58 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

I would think its only broken if someone, for instance, took the time to cap a semi-uber or uber like captn albatross, the bana queen (she's prolly >t20), barbe noir, barbe rouge, mad sci (>t20 most likely), MF Picks, Dark Curse (!!!), super forgones, super bg's, mf forgone/bg's, zebras, panthers, w4 ai, lions, rhinos, reavers, mf reavers, grim reaver.

Also, Jeff, would you not be able to put if's in to check for the old skills on the account upon login and if it has any of the old skills, reset the skills? You could also just change the existing ones over and have it free for the reset. You could also give all players 1mil * their level to, in effect, give them a skill reset (make a base in sol or take out the deflector drones to use it at) instead of making it free. Since I do not ofc know how SS is coded, I cant much help ya here, just shooting out some ideas because I don't wanna go to sleep.

The most logical (but space consuming) idea would be to make a new integer, short , or even char (variable) for all players thats named SkillVersion and set everyone's to 1. Have the game check their SkillVersion and if it is <2 then reset their skills that need to be reset. This would give you room for next time if you ever have to do a skill reset again; all you would have to do is change the code to check for the SkillVersion of <3 and reset if they do.

Ha!

Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:36 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Looks good.....Just to clear it up, capped slaves over the RC level won't be dockable, correct?

Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:04 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

all ubers should be made tech 25 so there are not cappable, would be pretty cool to roam around with DC :P

Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:17 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Yeah, I might in the future make the addition that if you are idle or logged out for 2 hours, then your "wild" slaves will either run off or go on a bloody rampage.

Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:33 pm
Profile WWW