Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Team: Death Mental
Main: Neuraxis
Level: 6309

Hope those auras cant be stacked ... or used on slaves ... that would lead to them being more worth than the skill itself ... which would be a little poo ... -_-

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:03 pm
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

Well, I think more than one aura can affect it at a time. But two of the same aura is just a redundancy. Like having 100 volatile diffusers.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:50 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Nargos
Level: 1287

I personally think that speed demon could use abit more sheilds, because really if your SD and not in a stealthy ship your pretty much fucked. I mean I had to retreat from 2 BG's on test2 as a SD, simply because I was only doing 668 damage a shot to them with my TT, and they were probally doing about 2000 per shot with the Tpulse they use. I don't know if these were just a duo of uberly augged BG's of if, more likely, SD just can't tank anything dispite the fact they are supposed to follow the "get all up in their grills" kinda combat. My suggestion? Remove a lil of that agility bonus, since SD seems to get almost too much of it considering they are supposed to be in light fighters (that are just that, light, making all the agility bonuses almost overkill) and replace it with a small sheild modifier, say, an additional 1% to sheild bank and regen per lvl with dogfighting. That works out to +20% to sheild bank with dogfighting 20, which not terribly broken.

I would also like to see a reduction in skill point cost for the current tertiary skills. Instead of costing 1-20, 21-40, 41-60 as it does now, instead just your standard 1-20, 1-20, 1-20.

HAL in response to reaver laser nerf--"Translation: I am quitting the game because my enemy can sometimes fight back now."

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:00 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

I personally think that speed demon could use abit more sheilds, because really if your SD and not in a stealthy ship your pretty much fucked. I mean I had to retreat from 2 BG's on test2 as a SD, simply because I was only doing 668 damage a shot to them with my TT, and they were probally doing about 2000 per shot with the Tpulse they use. I don't know if these were just a duo of uberly augged BG's of if, more likely, SD just can't tank anything dispite the fact they are supposed to follow the "get all up in their grills" kinda combat. My suggestion? Remove a lil of that agility bonus, since SD seems to get almost too much of it considering they are supposed to be in light fighters (that are just that, light, making all the agility bonuses almost overkill) and replace it with a small sheild modifier, say, an additional 1% to sheild bank and regen per lvl with dogfighting. That works out to +20% to sheild bank with dogfighting 20, which not terribly broken.

I would also like to see a reduction in skill point cost for the current tertiary skills. Instead of costing 1-20, 21-40, 41-60 as it does now, instead just your standard 1-20, 1-20, 1-20.

I fully agree with this (except for the sp part)

SD with a DS and maxed skills is almost imposible to pilot (imagine docking @ 30 speed with tractor AI follwing u O_o). and since we do inface have to "get all up in their grillz" we need a way to be able to whistand dmg

either gives us 100% more dmg so we can kill the AI fast enfu so we dont die too 1 BG or give us sheild bonus :)

but the sp was done very well, costing that much is good, so lvl 750's actually differ from lvl 1500's

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:09 pm
Profile WWW
Main: MAGICFLAME
Level: 3175

OK so I think goldstar, the best DM in the game and myself have all stated one unequivocal point...

Sorry but goldstar and urself teh best DM in game? Sorry joe but plz don't make me laugh ur nowere near teh best DM in game nor is goldstar unless ur referin to sum1 else as well i dunno but hey.

Also that sounds cool Jeff would be a nice and can u say what type of stats from teh new Tractor's that effect teh Drone's?

Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:36 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

SD needs no more beefs. Its way too powerful as it is with the new skills, anyway.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:00 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

Tarik wrote:
OK so I think goldstar, the best DM in the game and myself have all stated one unequivocal point...

Sorry but goldstar and urself teh best DM in game? Sorry joe but plz don't make me laugh ur nowere near teh best DM in game nor is goldstar unless ur referin to sum1 else as well i dunno but hey.

Also that sounds cool Jeff would be a nice and can u say what type of stats from teh new Tractor's that effect teh Drone's?

he was refering to 3 ppl in that post. himself goldstar and the best dm ingame

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:04 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6567

heheh aye...he wasnt referring to himself..he an i are pretty close in capabilitys though hes worked at it a bit longer and has messed with the stuff a bit more. when you code those DM aura generators make it so it will not equip on a ship with a controllbot of any type. that aught to stop peoples from abusing teh generators and soloing stuff they shouldnt.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:08 am
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

heheh aye...he wasnt referring to himself..he an i are pretty close in capabilitys though hes worked at it a bit longer and has messed with the stuff a bit more. when you code those DM aura generators make it so it will not equip on a ship with a controllbot of any type. that aught to stop peoples from abusing teh generators and soloing stuff they shouldnt.

Maybe this should only apply to people who are not fleet commander... IMO fleet commanders with capships slaves whould be able to use a number of different aura gens...

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:08 am

Goz thats completely wrong, SD does not need more speed damage or sheield. Its perfectly fine as it is, if anything overpowered. The concept of SD is to dodge the shots, not to tank the damage, if you want to be an SD get used to dogfighting as they call it, weaving and dodging. If someone has a laser your screwed, but that comes as part of the class.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:30 am
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Goz thats completely wrong, SD does not need more speed damage or sheield. Its perfectly fine as it is, if anything overpowered. The concept of SD is to dodge the shots, not to tank the damage, if you want to be an SD get used to dogfighting as they call it, weaving and dodging. If someone has a laser your screwed, but that comes as part of the class.

Ur not screwed if you use 2 different diffuser types.

You can only stack 2 different kinds of Diffs now. 8)

Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:51 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

its hard to dodge shots at 3 distance

Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:01 am
Profile WWW
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

LichG wrote:

its hard to dodge shots at 3 distance

#1 Why are you that close?

#2 The reason SD is getting tracking is so they can CIRCLE around the enemy, thereby making Tracking Weapons ubang.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:50 pm
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

The SD Speed bonus, coupled with the mobility bonuses, allows you to dodge practically everything except lasers (depending on how you fight) and torpedos/magcannons with large tracking bonuses (Sup combo Snipers and tracking aura DG bosses with tracking augs). Having more speed than the opponent also allows you to dictate the fight: if you are dieing, just run and regen and they won't be able to do a thing; if they try to escape, they cannot outrun you, possibly even if they use OBAs on some setups.

Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:05 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next