Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:07 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

About how much better will said buildable ones be, though? Here is my analysis on what is currently on test in the tech20 section:

Gunner: Weapon Hold increase is not necessary for Gunner considering they may only shoot two weapons at the same time. The electric tempering bonus is rather nice as it is, and I like the Range and Damage bonus. I personally believe a small tracking bonus, and a very small increase in the resistance-loss weapon affect if possible, would be better than the weapon hold.

Fleet Commander: While a nice aug overall, I would like to see the Hull Space increase removed considering Fleet Commander already receives enough hull on their Capital Ships. It would be very cool if you could cause the aug to increase aura stats by a percentage in replacement.

Shield Monkey: Remove the damage stat and put on a bit of Shield Recharge. I like the other stats on it: the Hostility decrease present is a nice bonus.

Engineer: I am going to have to disagree with the Transference Efficiency. While it should be a nice Support class, that is completely unnecessary when the Shield Monkey should be acting as a healer. I would prefer a boost in tractor tweak bonuses if possible over the Tractor Strength bonus (unless that already does so). Other stat I believe would be nice in place of the Efficiency: a decent drone DEFENSIVE stat buff and a visibility increase. More defensive stats on drones allows an Engineer to put more electrical power to helping allies due to not re-deploying as much and the visibility stat offsets this bonus while placing a disadvantage to stealth-droning.

Zerker: While others disagree with the existing Weapon Hold increase, I believe it to be potentially useful if increased to +70% as it would allow for Zerkers to use the Izer as a potential alternative to the Pax on their way to obtaining a Rosie or Zebra. I would like the Shield bonus reduced to around +40% and some Hostility bonus added to help Zerkers manage aggro.

Sniper: One of the Mastery augs that I truly cannot stand with the current stats. Its like a Demented Marksman: Except with weaker stats, an Energy bank loss, and some stealthiness. Electric Recharge is a much better selection to reduce by a bit than Energy bank due to needing that bank to fire high electric per shot weapons. The visibility decrease is decent. The rest of the stats need an overhaul, however. I would personally like to hear what Snipers would prefer due to not being a current major user of the stealth aspect.

Speed Demon: And the second Mastery aug I cannot stand! The Zeus and Zeus+ are honestly better options than this aug due to the Mastery's weak stats. I would personally prefer an aug giving around 28% Energy Bank buff, around 30% Energy Recharge buff, a bit of a Damage buff (about 17%), some Thrust, about half of the current Tracking buff. Finally, some resistance to Beam-type (Lasers, OHL, Jiji, etc.) weapons would be appreciated if possible to program. Otherwise, more shield bank is necessary.

Seer: While decent, these aren't exactly the stats I would had selected. Being stealthy and having criticals at his/her disposal, the Seer does not require a hostility increase or decrease in any form. A nice addition would be a decrease in the visibility time after firing by a percent (-17%?) to a maximum potential of a minimum of 1 second visibility time.

*SniperAptitude should have a space in the name
*Efficienty should be spelled Efficiency
*Gunner Prowess is the WRONG TECH at Tech 10 -- same as the Aptitude

As well, does the Multifire stat boost on Zerker Aptitude and Prowess allow for MFing more than 5 weapons if used in conjunction with Zerker & subskills maxed? I cannot check if that occurs due to not having an appropriate ship to test it with, but it would be broken if so.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:15 pm
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

How about giving us resets back since new augs were put in?

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:22 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

if possible, some augs need to give +sheild per tick, not +%

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:23 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

I would also like to mention that I went Fleet Commander and received a MASSIVE hull boost on my Izer (around double the hull). While this is appropriate for something such as a Freighter, I think the hull boost is being applied to other Hull Types as well.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:31 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

here my point, u add new skills, u nerf the augs, so what did u acomplish the SHM skills on Test are barely more powerful than on Regular.Question for all the work u did why go back to the way the system was, all the stats are about even now, so all that Work to be right back where u was, with the Skills, so why not keep the same skills, bc for people who dont have maxed skills the nerf of augs will be DEVISTATING for them....

Trev

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:47 pm
Team: Capitalists
Main: Decimus
Level: 971

The really annoying part for shield monkeys is that you need to be level 1000 to max your basic skills, and leveling to 1000 for a shield monkey is absolutely horrible. :cry:

Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:51 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

I believe that shmonk was left mostly the same because its perfect now

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:01 pm
Profile WWW

Panther still has like 1m weight, I cant dodge or turn for crap with Recon 20, SD 20 and Speedy Movement 20...

~BD

i spoke to Cal yesterday the panther was misstankinly mad 1mil or he thinks that it was

TRev

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:05 pm

well Goz, have u looked at the SHM exp, no sheild regen ,and Energy regen, WHAT do u think monkies need to funtion

well there is very two important points
i have a better idea admins take outt eh Shm exp aug its no good, and takes up Server Memory
Trev

Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:06 pm
Main: Bluejayek
Level: 3919

Thatch with maxed zerker and 2 tech15 zerker augs can mf 7 tts.... with an adv good marksman and 3x adv good rage added onto that thats like 50k dps...

Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 pm
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

this just gets more and more frustrating.. sometimes i wonder if it would have just been easyer to leave the current skills alone and just make a higher sp cost so that you need to get those high lvls to get it all... a lot of the aug changes dont make sence at all.. SHM needs energy regen and sheild regen..its the only thing that realy matters for them. and realy im seeing such large imbalences now its far worse then our current system where sniper pretty much dominates the other classes. most classes can be broken easily and some are so bad i wonder if the old ones could have possibly been as horrible.

RadX can cap a few more critters...whoopdey do. aside from that they are underpowerd compared with every other class. low sheilds, low regen. semi-low damage...and realy no decent rad weps to make use of their skill. and the critters i capped were horrible battle slaves. slumbers would hurt youd think..but i dont think that the ai are even getting any of the skill bonuses. 11k sheild bank on a slave with slave mastery 16 and they were supposed to have some sort of "wild ai" bonus? i think the augs he had on and half the AT he is getting probably accounted for all or most of his power.

Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:42 pm
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Not sure why the augs at The Acropolis cost much if anything... we can't very well test stuff if our credits have been spent on skills or other stuff. I'm not sure why things are so pricey here on test... When it is in fact designed merely to work out bugs & see how "balanced" things are.

I can't speak for any of the other skills, as I haven't played them. But I believe the engineer specs need a hull bonus. The T20 one being around 10-15%... T10 being at like 5%...

Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:30 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

People keep forgetting that Engineer is a healing class that works in tandem with Shield Monkeys. Shield Monkey have more 'raw' healing, where as Engineer's have to make up their lack of raw healing via the use of tweaks and other means. Although not quite as good as Shield Monkey, they will at least be comparable with the right setup. The primary goal of an Engineer is not just to transfer electricity. The goal is to have a hybrid support class that offers a different playstyle from Shield Monkey which includes all manner of support options. Including healing. You might not want to take JUST an Engineer to heal for you, but in a situation where you need multiple healers, you will want to replace a Shield Monkey with one.

Also, the Engineer Augmenter does not have Drone Operation stats on it because there will be individual augmenters for each of those.

I will be taking the other suggestions into consideration as well.

Caelestis

Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:19 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next