Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Beams, etc on test
The DB on test has been updated and all of the more common new Engineer beams have been added for sale in Lyceum, including the transference facilitator beams and the energy transference beams. Engineers can use their new beams to maintain buffs on any one ship or drone.

Also, there are some nice Berserker only items for sale at the Berserker Halls that give large speed boosts at the expense of defense, allowing Berserker's to negate their Impervious Armor skill at will.

The first levels of the trade skills are available at Free Market as missions. I was going to put them all in, but I'm tired and will have to do it later.

I've temporarily put the capital ships into the base in Shadow for purchase.

Also, you may see some mean looking Big Green Capital ships in far out W3. They drop the necessary components to build the main line of capital ship lasers.

One change to the ships is that AT no longer affects aug stats built into the ship hulls.

As before, you can reset the augs on your ships in Shadow and get all your new combat skills in Lyceum. You still need the test client from here http://www.starsonata.com/StarSonata_TestClient.exe.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:37 am
Profile WWW
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

Post Re: Beams, etc on test
JeffL wrote:
One change to the ships is that AT no longer affects aug stats built into the ship hulls.
http://www.starsonata.com/StarSonata_TestClient.exe.

any Reason why bc people with Rosies are gonna be screwed out, bc there officenols (not sure if thats spelled right) aug will be god aful

Just a Thought

Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:44 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Post Re: Beams, etc on test
JeffL wrote:

My God. Do you know what this means? It means that this damn thing doesn't work at all!

Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:16 am
Team: The FSM
Main: JulianD
Level: 1203

he means the aug stats of the ship not the built in augs, for example if a ship itself has +30% energy not from an aug it will no longer be effected by at, all AUGS will continue to be tho.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:00 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

<sarcasm>OMG. MY BSS IS GOING TO BE 3% BROKEN NOW WTF!!!!</sarcasm> Yeah, quit whining.

The Rat Hatcheries are available at bases and gives "ERROR: could not get item description" where it should state what it outputs, what is needed, etc.

Fleet Focus gives too much hull space to LF and HF imo -- Maybe cut the hull bonuses to those two ship-classes in half?

Seer main skill also does not have any change to it: were the skills changed and not updated on Test or simply not changed yet?

The Green Capitalships need a change. They have too much shielding overall and need a powerful short-range semi-tracking weapon. Their long-range lasers could also use a damage boost. I also believe it would be better if they had a more powerful short-range push tractor. The fighters could also use a bit more speed. Along with this, the number of regular BG in warp3 could use a reduction: right now I am seeing 3-5 per galaxy, though that might just be luck.

For some reason I also seem to be regening my shields overtime at a slower rate: I'll get back on this after I time my shield regen from 0 to 20k on test2 and kattare servers.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:00 am
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

are the BG cap ships auto agro, because if they require a small group I dont think they should be agro, but if soloabel then by all means make em shuet us!!!

and so the onif aug and terron inbuilt stats arent going to be affected bt AT? sux.... XD

good work tho

Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:24 am
Profile WWW
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

Yeah, pretty big implicit nerf to the Zebra, Panther, Rhino, Rotting Izer, and probably some of the not built ships like Lion, etc... All teh Ship+ versions also get nerfed from that like the App Ward+, Pax+, Izer+, DF+, and any other + variants that people may be pursuing.

Some ships like the BSS may need that nerf, but the Rosemarinus certainly does not, nor do I think most the the ships I mentioned were intentionally being nerfed - but maybe I'm mistaken.

Small note to slip in such a big change :P

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:13 am
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

I honestly think the Rhino wasn't even good enough with the AT.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:20 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

the diffrence between the tech 5 and the tech 20 transferance facilitators are 5%....that is way too low to reflect the tech of the items imo..any chance that could be changed? and are there no more sheild sync beams over the tech 5 one? also any way that the special tractors could be unequipable without a station?

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:22 am

Have you have the Skill Reset in Lyceum remove Astral travel, Historical Records, Slave tweaking, etc, please?

These were gotten before any notice of new skills/SP costs coming in, and even though I'm level 1300, I still can't master all my subskills...

Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:43 am

Sorry for double post, but I also spotted a Bug:

Slave Master (Or whatever it's name might be) is tagged as Extraction Expert when you train the skill, and only gives the description "Your slaves can carry alot of cargo".

Also, this skill appears only to be trained to level 1, not 20.

Would be nice if it had the proper name, could be trained to 20, and it gave us exact stats on the skill, if possible...

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:19 pm
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

The first levels of the trade skills are available at Free Market as missions. I was going to put them all in, but I'm tired and will have to do it later.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:51 pm

Quote:

Ah, I hadn't thought about that when I posted a couple hours after reading, but the fact that it is called "Extraction Expert" and gives no skill stats description is still a Bug...

Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:55 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Regarding the AT on hull stats, it was deliberate. Don't worry, though, I will be nerfing DS, too. I just haven't gotten to it yet. I am pretty concerned that the higher level players (the ones who should be in the t20 ships) are getting an extremely large power boost with these new skills, so am going to reduce the power curve on the t20 ships a little bit. Right now the power curve is close to linear until you hit t20, then the power of the ship doubles, which is ridiculous, especially if we ever want to add tech 21-30 in the future.

The power of the top of the line transference facilitator is fixed at 15% so that with full beam mastery, making it 30%, the engineer is still overall a slightly worse healer than a shield monkey. I decided to go with a very shallow power curve on these things so that a low level engineer can better contribute to a group. You have to get high level to get your full beam mastery, though, so the power curve is actually steeper than it may look like from the raw stats, as an engineer with level 20 beam mastery will be giving 30% transference vulnerability, while a level 5 engineer with none will be giving only 10%.

Astral Travel, Historical Records, and many more can be reset using the normal skill reset mechanism, which is temporarily set to be free of charge. If you also want to reset these skills, just make sure you get a normal skill reset before starting to train your new skills once we hit the temporary universe.

Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:19 pm
Profile WWW