Main: Tengu
Level: 866

Ok, but a level 2000+ tech 12 CA base is just asking to get killed. Because they would need to get another alt to level 2000+ to have it protected by a SM base.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:19 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

the whole idea behind making you use more lvls is that you dont drop a shitty argo base..and you dont hide behind pvp resttrictions.

its easy to stay safe..dont go to war. or dont build bad bases. or build a gal that works well enough together to be safe from the likes of BTs.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:28 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Ok, but a level 2000+ tech 12 CA base is just asking to get killed. Because they would need to get another alt to level 2000+ to have it protected by a SM base.

A level 2000 tech 12 SM base is just asking to get killed as well. If you have enemies and you want your bases to survive, BUILD THEM TO SURVIVE. Use tech 18+ base kits and equip them with good gear and augmenters. Even a non-mastery Achilles base is going to be difficult to kill if built properly, especially if you have other well built bases in the galaxy to assist it during an attack.

If you can't afford to build bases that don't suck, then do your best not to make enemies with someone who can kill them. Its not rocket science.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:31 pm

My original question was "Is SM going to be needed to build bases past tech 12?" If it is needed CA's and EE's are just asking to get their bases killed if they can't build bases past tech 12.

My previous point was just an example. Unless CA/EE/SM aren't going to be mutually exclusive. Haven't had time to look on test lately.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:20 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

As far as I know, there are only a handful of base kits that actually require SM to lay them, and those are the "Complicated" base kits - more of a convenience than anything else.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:53 pm

Ah, never mind. I kept thinking of the upgrades. :oops:

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:05 pm
Team: Oblivion
Main: Elryk
Level: 4472

This is what the descriptions say on the current build, though I haven't checked for the actual values. While the specific numbers might be different, these are likely to be the general stats and ratios of what the new trade skills will have.

Merchant Fleet Master
Trading slaves get +2% to most stats, +10% capacity, and +10% to shields

Station Mastery
Stations get +4% shield, energy, damage, shield recharge, energy recharge, capacity, tracking, firing rate, radar, range, and cloaking.

Note: I think this is supposed to apply to permanent drones as well, though I'm not positive.

Extraction Expert
Expert at harvesting and mineral extraction. (+4.5% to bases hull space, +5% rate of extraction)

Colonial Administration
Efficiency Expert. (+4% suitability on your colonies)

I thought I remembered seeing a post somewhere that jeff made concerning base skill bonuses. It said that station masters would get +3% to base stats, and EE and CA would get +2% to base stats. I cant remember where the post was and I was unable to find it.

The 4% you seen on station master makes sense considering jeff said he was going to beef base strength by 33%, making station mastery 4%, and EE and CA +3.66% per lvl to base stats. Like I said, I was unable to find the post, or I would have quoted it here for verification. Just figured I'd pass along the info I thought I remembered correctly so you could check into it.

Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:08 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

The missions to get all of the trade skills up to level 30 have been added to Free Market on test, and their stats have been beefed as promised, though I haven't built a new test client, so the old descriptions are still what you will see.

And to answer a previous question, trade skills have no requirements other than character level.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:12 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Power Player
Level: 2607

looks good :) bases will be alot mroe powerful aswell with the skill

one side note that isnt really related to this, the TaF i see is still asking for hte old MF skill which is getting worrying with it beign this close to the new uni, but the -10% in elec tempering is nice

Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:42 am
Team: Traders
Main: mrwoo
Level: 8291

This is what the descriptions say on the current build, though I haven't checked for the actual values. While the specific numbers might be different, these are likely to be the general stats and ratios of what the new trade skills will have.

Merchant Fleet Master
Trading slaves get +2% to most stats, +10% capacity, and +10% to shields

Station Mastery
Stations get +4% shield, energy, damage, shield recharge, energy recharge, capacity, tracking, firing rate, radar, range, and cloaking.

Note: I think this is supposed to apply to permanent drones as well, though I'm not positive.

Extraction Expert
Expert at harvesting and mineral extraction. (+4.5% to bases hull space, +5% rate of extraction)

Colonial Administration
Efficiency Expert. (+4% suitability on your colonies)

didnt think merchant fleet is in the new skill wish it was

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:41 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

I have Fleet Master from Free Market on test, so I don't know what you are talking about MYTER. Its a trade skill now, and a damned good one for slaves transporting commodities to AI stations or colonies.

Now all I would like is to be able to get higher levels of Programming to use with it.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:26 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Shock Commander
Level: 8394

Woot good job jeff everything look's nice and balanced on test server i love what you have done and i think its all good .

three cheer's for jeff and the other admins

:D

http://www.teamunderdawgs.webs.com/

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:34 pm
Profile WWW