Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Post Updates on Test
-Changes to AI target selection and target priorities

-Most AI should no longer suicide against players and bases unless they think they have a chance.

-Players will now be disconnected from the server if they are AFK for over 1 hour

-Squad experience and credits will only be split with group members in the same galaxy

-Drones destroyed in battleground galaxies will automatically be refunded if the owner has the required hull space.

-Updates to the seer class that should make it competitive with the other combat classes, especially for players who prefer stealth combat.

These features could definitely use some more testing, please respond here or send me a PM on the forum if you find any bugs, exploits, or just something out of place on the test server.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:37 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Bizman
Level: 11051

Well, since I'm notoriously afk I might as well post - there is no way to monitor base logging aside from sitting in your base overnight. This really makes in-team accountability VERY hard, getting disconnected by sitting for an hour. I don't mind getting d/ced for afk but really you HAVE to fix this major gap before you make that official. I also stay afk to monitor team chat extensively. I'd like to be able to find a way to log base events and team chat to files or something if this is the case. I get accused of being afk for XP leeching, but that's really minor compared to the benefits of knowing what's going on in team and in your bases.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:44 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Since I forgot to post them in the thread, the changes to seer are as follows:

Seer Class: +2% damage, increased warp navigation abilities

Shadow Ambush: +3% critical hit chance when unseen by target, +3% damage when striking from behind

Please note that seer always had increased warp navigation abilities, it was just never documented. I believe it translates into roughly the equivalent of a free warp 4 if you have the seer skill raised to level 16 or higher.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:55 pm
Team: Solstice
Main: Trevor
Level: 5369

if u do this u need to add somthing where base logs stay FOREVER or maybe 2 days, tis the only way to see what happens to your base

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:26 pm
Main: Hully
Level: 3812

Yup logs could get some improvements/changed if this gets active. Deactivate the slave/ai spams in base logs now pls.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:35 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Sitting idle all night, I think, is an undue burden on the servers and the bandwidth.

Right now the bases store only the 10 or 20 most recent messages. Maybe we could add an item that is sticky and would increase this to 1000 or more.

Also, maybe Julian could add a screen in your account section that shows you the last 24 hours of team chat?

Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:55 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

Sitting idle all night, I think, is an undue burden on the servers and the bandwidth.

This to me is utter garbage. From what i am thinking, is basically, you are trying to stop afk lvling.

Sitting idle in a station will cause barely any noticeable burden on the servers, far less then if that player was flying around.

Lets get some priority into this game, things like mission viewer logs, like extraction limits for commodoties in bases, things that are needed, not things to hinder lvling.

This is just another 'not-needed' thing added to SS.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:03 pm

I'm glad that there are going to be some changes to seer. However its not really the damage issue, its the crit, seer was always notorious for having an edge in pvp or similar because of the annoying grem affect. Atm my DS is augged to take full advantage of seer and this beef will help that, but its the timer on the crit effect, 3 secs is far too short considering by doing this you are encouraing high recoil high energy weps.

Also I do like the free warp navigation, but anyone who wants to go seer will probably need to max all the skills, and by lvl 1k most people do have w4. But if W5 is going to be brought in, then this is useful :D

EDIT: Oh and has test actually been updated? because it says my acc is still expired, from like 2 weeks ago 8)

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:05 pm
Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

Post Re: Updates on Test
HAL wrote:
-Changes to AI target selection and target priorities

-Most AI should no longer suicide against players and bases unless they think they have a chance.

I tried a few DG's, DF 120-160 in my DS. Only the AI i was attacking would fire back on me.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:10 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

When you dock in the seer base in lyceum is it spose to say the new effects on seer or is that not visible

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:10 pm
Team: bank
Main: slave master1
Level: 538

Location: sitting on my padded ass behind the computer playing ss
Post Re: Updates on Test
HAL wrote:
-Drones destroyed in battleground galaxies will automatically be refunded if the owner has the required hull space

battleground meaning the arena?

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:13 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

If you are able to put together a team as huge as Pants, I think you have earned the right to AFK leveling, lol.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:14 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

If you are able to put together a team as huge as Pants, I think you have earned the right to AFK leveling, lol.

OMG what is that i hear... oh its crickets

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:17 pm

Ok i take it test was updated, so why the hell can't i get on? My acc doesn't expire for another 2-3 weeks :?

Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:17 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next