Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Traders
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8518

Drone Master Tokens can be found in DG Galaxies and have the same drop rate as any normal Class Augmenter. Since the skill changes just took place, it might be a short while before there is a supply of these tokens for DM to use.

Caelestis

So every other skill can simply go to the acrop and trade in their old augs for the new ones, EXCEPT DM?

Thats terribly stupid and flat out unfair to the DMs. I have two members who are spinning their wheals because they have no DM augs for their DM ships!!

The DM exp augs should be able to be turned in for the equivalent number of tokens as the best BM combined aug. Why are they the only ones who cant switch over their augs?

Not to mention that those DM exp augs were super expensive last uni and now they are for a class that many of the DMs dont even want. If you dont want them to be turned right in, then at least make it mission based for a while so that those who want them can have a clear cut way to get them.

-ERMAN

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:31 pm
Profile WWW

I think it could be beause DM is officially a sub skill now and Engineer is the secondary skill. But I do agree, harsh on droners.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:42 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

Caelestis wrote:
Drone Master Tokens can be found in DG Galaxies and have the same drop rate as any normal Class Augmenter. Since the skill changes just took place, it might be a short while before there is a supply of these tokens for DM to use.

Caelestis

So every other skill can simply go to the acrop and trade in their old augs for the new ones, EXCEPT DM?

Thats terribly stupid and flat out unfair to the DMs. I have two members who are spinning their wheals because they have no DM augs for their DM ships!!

The DM exp augs should be able to be turned in for the equivalent number of tokens as the best BM combined aug. Why are they the only ones who cant switch over their augs?

Not to mention that those DM exp augs were super expensive last uni and now they are for a class that many of the DMs dont even want. If you dont want them to be turned right in, then at least make it mission based for a while so that those who want them can have a clear cut way to get them.

-ERMAN

What he said.

Not to mention that its a complete catch 22 to get those damn augs, How is a DM going to get the augs that he needs for his ship so that he can kill stuff when he can't kill in his 1/3 to 2/3 augged ship? Personally, I'd find it broken for DM's to be able to do the DG's required to get the best aug tokens in a ship with only 1-2 augs on it.

Ha!

Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:37 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

Well, since I'm notoriously afk I might as well post - there is no way to monitor base logging aside from sitting in your base overnight. This really makes in-team accountability VERY hard, getting disconnected by sitting for an hour. I don't mind getting d/ced for afk but really you HAVE to fix this major gap before you make that official. I also stay afk to monitor team chat extensively. I'd like to be able to find a way to log base events and team chat to files or something if this is the case. I get accused of being afk for XP leeching, but that's really minor compared to the benefits of knowing what's going on in team and in your bases.

just set up a macro that moves your mouse or clicks something so it doesnt D/C you ;p

Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:39 pm
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

Well I'm not sure about that Cael, I've had my DM camped in a DG for the entire duration of the Temp Uni, I have obtained at least 10 tech 10/15 class augs (even some of the old ones) yet not a single DM token in sight....Could it possibly be checked to make sure they do actually have the correct drop rate, etc?

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:01 pm

Can we please have an updated test server to actually um test stuff?

Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:22 pm
Main: _7_
Level: 5179

It's for players to test the new added features on, so yes it is for players to test on. What it's not for is to test setups mess around etc. Which I haven't seen anyone requesting to do as of yet...

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:42 pm

Test server is not for players to test setups on

I dont want to test any damn setups, i want to test the new Seer which was "beefed" because I showed how crap it is. Its pointless being told about updates on test server when you can't actually try the stuff out. I couldn't give a damn about setups, thats what you have paper for.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:52 pm
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

Test server is not for players to test setups on

In this case you are VERY wrong. Due to all of the new ship stats, skills and augs coming into the game the players base needs to know what they are really looking at and the only way to do that is to run tests... ON TEST.

It also is used to provide feedback to the developers.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:55 pm
Main: MAGICFLAME
Level: 3175

Test server is for testing any new content or stuff like the new skills or things the admins input to it for us to test out and for the admins themselfs to test as well... It is also to test aug setups and anything else otherwise how else do we test aug setups without using our reset missions over and over till there all gone and blowing up the augs so we have to find more to replace them, so Octo your wrong.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:57 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

not to mention Cael..that means we have to pay TWICE. if i bought an aug last uni it was probably 5-10bil. now its some damn token rotting in storage. so now i have to wait untill some jerkoff finds the thing so i can pay again? exactly how is that fair to any DM in game? if i wanted to be some halfassed monkey i could aug my DM ship and become a fricken SHM! all you admins are doing is screwing the players. dont give me some bullshit about it being a sub skill. even if its a sub skill it still isnt fair. i dont see radX having to go through this bullshit. or any of the other sub skills for that matter!

i have two alts that can do dgs. one is in an izer. and one is a DM. yea sure i can get decent resists and critters wont kill me right off the bat. but it means nothing if i cannot kill stuff because my drones are too weak.
all of my combined wealth in this game is on that DM. because that was my favorite class and i enjoyed playing it. what am i supposed to do now to play this game? i cant even take a forgon boss in DF160 with the alt in an izer. because gunner sheilds are so low. and i do easily as much damage as it did when it was sniper last uni. but i cant kill the bugger! some beefs for skills huh? sniper now has sheilds so weak that it cant tank fire. and it is supposed to fight ranged? there is no ranged weapon that can do enough damage in a shot to keep the sniper safe. range makes no sence for them whatsoever. and those are the two classes i know. gunner im still getting a feel for but what iv seen so far is medicore at best. yea sure i could shoot someone and i might get 2600 or maybe 3k damage per shot with both torps..but it means absolutely nothing if the forgon can tank it and still wipe me out.

somewhere JeffL said that instead of Ai getting stronger players would get stronger? mmm hmmm.....not seeing so much of that..all i see is a massive change that has brought most skills down a notch or two to the same decrepit level. and DM as usual gets it the worst.

this hasnt been a beef for skills at all. and DM was not meant to be tossed aside like some retarded lagrange skill.
JeffL wrote:
Tank, I share your concern, but when you look at it, all the core fighting classes are all staying the same -- MF, Sniper, SD, RadEX, Shield Monkey. DM is probably going to be a bit beefed since the Juice Junky skill will help him more than the old SM skills. What this is really affecting is secondary base building alts. Plus it is adding a trade skill to all of people's main characters who are MF, Sniper, etc.
that is taken from his topic when he first introduced the new classes on the forum and showed us what he wanted to do. its still a viable main. but its getting analy screwed with a T-post. not one of us is going to get any return from this change. all you are doing is destroying the work people have put into their charicters.

unless your stealthy MF reavers will rip your shit apart. and those are the DGs that will drop tokens equal in value to my old DM exp. and the new skill for Engineer places its focus on freightors more, as well as the DM OLS all being freightor now. how is that going to work?

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:14 pm
Team: Trader's Alliance
Main: Alliance franchise1
Level: 312

i droped seer because i tried it & the warp thingie didnt work. :shock: .... possibly just a temp & test surver glitch? :roll:

i had the skill maxed to 20 & its sposed to work 16 & over by the original post.

meh.... ill retake the skill on another alt then. maybe i can finnaly kill somthing now or use warp skills eh? :twisted:

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:21 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Rat Zombie Slaves
Main: Caelestis
Level: 1959

I will add a few missions for a Drone Master Aug via the Class Tokens since it seems to be an issue. Next patch I should be able to add them into a station.

Caelestis

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next