Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

this isn't exactly going to make people go with few more smaller team... all it ends up is you will have teams like
Team Pants 1, Pants 2,

or like

Toxic Main, Toxic Builder

or even

JAWSS, JAVVSS, JAW55

XD

Possibly but dividing your team like that will make communication much harder. And during a eventual emp run only one of the teams can win. Im also guessing this is just the first of several steps into encouraging a bit smaller teams instead of huge super teams.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:29 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Xenophanes
Level: 7991

mina1024 wrote:
this isn't exactly going to make people go with few more smaller team... all it ends up is you will have teams like
Team Pants 1, Pants 2,

or like

Toxic Main, Toxic Builder

or even

JAWSS, JAVVSS, JAW55

XD

Possibly but dividing your team like that will make communication much harder.

well, not really.... vent. Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if those '3' teams were just alts. with the mains on one team...

~bach

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:44 am
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

Jeff please reconsider the timing of this. How about adding it in, in about one or two weeks? This will severely affect Traders, JAWSS, Pants, Toxic and a few other teams in a very negative fashion due mostly to the lack of being prepared for it. You've whacked us on the knees, bloodied our arms, lumped our heads... we need time to heel before you toss darts at our hearts.

Even with the progression being additive it gets to be too large at this late date. Players are not prepared to create colonies with a pop of 20K+ at the beginning of the coming new uni. At some point it will just require that team members leave team, own up to 5 gals, one maybe two per alt, and then once everything settles down rejoin team. Which is NOT what, I think, you are hoping to accomplish.

No need at all for a bunch of small teams once the gal rush is over.

Also consider that large teams are havens and training grounds for low level new P2Pers.

One more thing I think would help. Jeff would you please explain why you want to limit the size of teams.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:46 am
Team: Pirate Space Kitties
Main: JonnycooL
Level: 616

I think this will be a great way to limit large teams from owning pretty much every galaxy, it will give more motivation to people like myself who would like to build but can never find a galaxy to build in.

It will force large teams to think more closely about which galaxies they wish to own, rather than going out and owning all the galaxies as fast as possible.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:53 am
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

You will just have to behave diplomatically then thummps dear. Its happening to everyone and therefore, isnt unfair at all.

You really should take remedial reading material with you when you venture into your lower intestine.

No where did I say it wasn't fair... I said ENOUGH ALREADY!

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:55 am

Jeff would you please explain why you want to limit the size of teams.

Because too big teams ruins the balance. We have to balance team content after a certain team size. If we balance team content after the current strength of for example Toxic then teams smaller then that wouldnt stand a chance. At some point a certain limit is needed. Instead of simply putting a cap on the amount of members a team can have we are making certain changes to encourage teams to not be too big.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:20 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I changed it so that the progression is now 100, 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000, etc.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:47 am
Profile WWW
Main: Jumpen Jack
Level: 2585

We will do anything and everything to keep Toxic together, and ensure we grow further. I realize we're working against your ideal of what SS should be, but as long as it's needed to further ourselves it will continue.

I wish I could express exactly how this is going to affect SS, but I can not.

How will it affect the strength of Toxic though? Well, none at all.

I get the feeling you know exactly what this change implies, if you don't your in for a big surprise.

Kudos on the change, all in all I like it, ALOT.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:02 am

Dont worry, we'll think of something more to make it more worthwhile to have a bit smaller team. And emp runs will probably be out of the question until the problem is solved and emp runs totally revamped.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:05 am
Team: Traders
Main: mrwoo
Level: 8291

all i see is a lot of lower teams getting bases wiped out when a bigger team pop reaches the owning level of population or aggro gals to stop building so in effect will slow down low level teams
and im sorry if my alts kill your bases its my gal here first go away or die

gonna be a alot of declared wars on noob teams is what i can see and our lower levels now in our team wont even get a look in on col building unless they leave the team such a shame
would be far easier making teams have a max membership
with allies stasis put in to help on future emp runs or there not gonna get the population needed for it

or change emp runs to amount of ubers killed by the team

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:32 am
Team: Pirate Space Kitties
Main: JonnycooL
Level: 616

That's a good point, the stronger teams might feel free to claim any galaxy when ever the want to, because the current occupant of the galaxy is a medium level char in a small team that offers no real reinforcements.

Therefore the low pop team will do all the hard work on the colonies and the stronger teams might come in and 'expand' on it.

And in turn all the low pop teams will then been scared off all their hard work and money being completely wasted in the long run, and "so in effect will slow down low level teams"

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:47 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

Erm i don't think many "big" teams would want to own a nooby galaxy and most people are decent would not blow stuff up anyways.

Also means if they did want your gal they got to conisder the pop they have to make and the time they have to keep blowing bases up is supid. Most high levers will probley resort to deeper galaxys, away from lower levels

Also if u made a base in the same gal while a uber teams base was already their. Well what u expect :roll:

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:53 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

what is more likely to happen is someone trys to own an experianced players gal and he gets his ass handed to him. team size has grown very large because you need many people to do things. and your recent changes will only make bigger teams a must. what are you thinking? we need several people to go in w3. and people wont wait all damn day for a few people to get on so they can go into warp 3! you are making EVERYTHING require way more people. what exactly is going through your mind when you introduce these contradictory factors to the game?

Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:59 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next