Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

what exactly is going through your mind when you introduce these contradictory factors to the game?

Let's piss the player base off a little more?

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:10 am
Team: Traders
Main: mrwoo
Level: 8291

please note too admins there is a lot of replies from high level players and teams regretting in respect what they will have to do to low level teams

we look upon these teams for players that stand out and recruit them
don't think this is gonna fix building for lower teams at all if they build in a pre owned gal of mine i will have to use a low level alt to rid of the bases and with my base trans healing my alt it wont be a hard thing to do
guess you should expand the uni every reset to take onboard new players joining up and make more jxt jumps like you have been doing

or make gals have more planets and moons and increase the base drop per team owned gal this would correct the loss of stronger base with more of em and stop people owning to many gals as cols and resources are more abundant

Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:15 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I have already stated in the past how I will deal with uber teams that wipes out low level teams. This change might cause more PvP conflicts but it's still high level teams that should fight other high level teams.

Something is needed wether the players like it or not. We need some kind of limit on team sizes otherwise we can never have balance. Emp runs can not be put back into the game without some restrictions on teams. This is a problem that will only get worse as the playerbase grows.

We could just limit the amount of players that a team can have but instead of a artifical limit like that we are trying to come up with ideas on how it simply doesnt help to have more players after a certain point.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:26 am
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

Jeff, Voomy, etal, It would really help if you explain why you want to limit team size.

Maybe a new thread asking for player input would help.

As has been stated the new content requires more and more players to work together and large teams are where we find enough high level players to do these higher level content. I can speak for Traders, and I think most other large teams, when I say we have players in almost every time zone on the planet.

So let try to address some of the issues.

Large teams need lots of good planets and moons for pumping incomes. Increase the number of stars, planets and moons in W0/1/2.

Have at least one AI station in every galaxy in W0/1/2.

Take number of galaxies owned out of the team score. Replace it with the number of bases and colonies.

I'm sure that the player base can come up with other good ideas.

What I'm trying to say is that I really believe that a player should be able to join any team he/she wants and that may want hir... regardless of team size.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:42 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I have already explained a couple reasons why we would want to limit team sizes.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:01 pm
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

I don't think it should be put in the game ...

Owning a gal pisses me off as it is this is not needed ..

-Minch-

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:17 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Dagger Caprice
Level: 4267

i think the ownership & protection of the gals should be based on the resources within that gal, a poor gal is hard to maintain pop. hence it not being worth owning at all now because it would need more progressive steps to own it, not worth the time & money invested into it.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:19 pm
Team: Traders
Main: mrwoo
Level: 8291

as i remember your post on pvp it was more about grief legit attempt of ownership and no more is the game and not grief small teams shouldn't hide behind pvp rules and voomeys tail coats im all against grieving low level players any uber that does that is a wimp and cant fight the big boys but ownership of a gal is not grief

Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:25 pm
Team: CFG Industries
Main: Sonota One
Level: 1787

Will this mean that people can cap other team's bases when they would have to have a higher population to own another galaxy and be owning another galaxy that they just capped? Big exploit gonna be there. :/

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:13 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

As far as I know, ownership is based on the team and so you can't transfer ownership of a galaxy to another team. They will have to re-own the galaxy.

Anyways, the new requirements for owning are minimal and linear, so anyone exploiting to get around it is just wasting time that could be better spent building a colony.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:16 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: 80/80
Level: 1728

Post like these make me wish i knew more about building. I think encouraging smaller teams to be stronger is just dumb. The big teams should be the most powerful, it's a very dumb state of mind to say that you want to encourage teams to stay small. Just makes completely no sense at all imo...

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:10 pm

Whilst you have a point 80, the fact there are a few hyper ginormous teams is very bad for the game. The fact they are also mostly peaceful does not help. Admisn do not like big teams, and will procede to encourage smaller teams.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:16 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Galan Starspinner
Level: 3774

Thummmper wrote:
Jeff please reconsider the timing of this. How about adding it in, in about one or two weeks? This will severely affect Traders, JAWSS, Pants, Toxic and a few other teams in a very negative fashion due mostly to the lack of being prepared for it. You've whacked us on the knees, bloodied our arms, lumped our heads... we need time to heel before you toss darts at our hearts.

Even with the progression being additive it gets to be too large at this late date. Players are not prepared to create colonies with a pop of 20K+ at the beginning of the coming new uni. At some point it will just require that team members leave team, own up to 5 gals, one maybe two per alt, and then once everything settles down rejoin team. Which is NOT what, I think, you are hoping to accomplish.

No need at all for a bunch of small teams once the gal rush is over.

Also consider that large teams are havens and training grounds for low level new P2Pers.

One more thing I think would help. Jeff would you please explain why you want to limit the size of teams.

Ok ill take this 1 step at a time then.

1) Major teams have been mainly unnefected by the changes, except in a positive way.

2) leaving/rejoining like that would be unsporting anyway

3) Its nicer having many small teams rather than one or 2 big ones.

4) Most large teams arnt havens/training grounds for new players as they impose level requirements.

5) Teams sise should be limited to stop one team owning all the galaxy, promote pvp and competition rather than sharing of rescourses, make pvp viable between teams & also make an emp run actually challenging.

Note: im glad it gives lowbie/midbie teams a chance to experiment with basing in decent galaxys. Bout Time.

Is it me or does Octopus just seem like the class suck up?

I for one like the idea of lots of smaller teams, hell I posted about it almost 2 years ago to limit the number of people on a team which got flamed.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 5:43 pm
Team: Infernal Empire
Main: flavio_br2
Level: 2356

About team size:

1- as Thummmper said, there are people playing SS in all world.... and not in same time. There are hours that we haven´t anyone in team chat to talk.

2- "Real power is when are together " So ... more people in my team... more power I am... and I guess it is one objective of this game.

3- I don´t think that SS´s objective is someone to play alone. In small teans, we will be alone much more time than in big teans.

About emp run:

Pants was so tired to be emp.... that they stopped to try. Now, after so many unis and deals, we have a second team with almost same power than Pants, and you want they split o.O

May be we don´t need teans like Toxic or Pants, if we have a kind of Aliances system to make emp runs.... and other things.... like defense.... or split galaxy.... or trade between players bases....

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:14 pm
Team: Infernal Empire
Main: flavio_br2
Level: 2356

about owning galaxy.

I can understand reasons to make owning more difficult, but, why hells do we protect a galaxy in this moment in SS yet? To protect ais ships? i m tired to see noobs hunting in my galaxies, protect or not...

And, before to make more difficult big teans get owning galaxy, why don´t you think about make w0 and w1 galaxy less desirable to big teans/players. Kind: some cool stuff that only bases in far w2 or w3 or beggin w4 can be get, and sold to w3/w4 bases.

Or create a "Base boss" in team, so, others in team could only build after boss build first base, and in galaxies following gates from base boss. So, maybe this create a team dominium in uni....

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next