Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Team: Aidelon
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

ahh...maybe one day SS will be the game the nerds sit around the lunch table at school to talk aoubt XD

Great job jeff & co. keep up the good work

also volunteering for testing from a.....well just to test it

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:17 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Go Jeff! Gotta admit, SS is the most addictive game I have ever played :P

I'd love to beta test C2 in linux. It will work in linux too, right? I know something about coding c++ and debugging in linux.

-- Blizzara

Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:12 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Ive got Linux Computers and different distros, Ubuntu, and we have a Mac G4 that im fixing. 8)

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:00 am

Excellent job! Its great to see that all this hard work has been paying off for you guys. The growth in the SS playerbase will help out a lot in the future and I can see good things coming.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:14 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: Churlish
Level: 3152

Good job, nice to see positive growth, what I don't understand - and I am not really expecting a reply here - is how you can have 3 FTEs and 2 contractors when your total income can only be around $7000 a month?

Jeff I hope you are not running a commune?

Ayn would be very dissapointed :wink:

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:35 pm

I believe Jeff has been putting money aside, so he has put enough together to hire the contractors for a period of time etc.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:45 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: swingarm
Level: 5362

I'd love to beta test C2 in linux. It will work in linux too, right? I know something about coding c++ and debugging in linux.

-- Blizzara

I love you.

I don't know you but just the fact you want to get this in Linux makes me say that. :D

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:35 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

Antilzah wrote:

-- Blizzara

I love you.

I don't know you but just the fact you want to get this in Linux makes me say that. :D

SS works in linux

ask sugacandy (quit)

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:01 pm
Profile WWW

SS works in linux

ask sugacandy (quit)

I have tried. Many times.. VMware let's me start SS:s, tells me that it will run just to tease me but it will only show me black screen. Cedega... Well, for some time I could play with Cedega well enought to chat somehow, but I still couldn't play.

If someone know how to configure Cedega to play SS on it, I'd really like to know.

-- Blizzara

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:30 pm
Main: Goz
Level: 1564

BAM5992 wrote:
SS works in linux

ask sugacandy (quit)

I have tried. Many times.. VMware let's me start SS:s, tells me that it will run just to tease me but it will only show me black screen. Cedega... Well, for some time I could play with Cedega well enought to chat somehow, but I still couldn't play.

If someone know how to configure Cedega to play SS on it, I'd really like to know.

-- Blizzara

its your graphics card, I get that msg on some public computers I try and use for SS (at some libraries and such)

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:36 pm
Profile WWW
Main: _Emrys
Level: 1036

Post Re: Star Sonata 2008
JeffL wrote:
Just to let everyone know, Star Sonata is growing the fastest ever right now and operations are expanding. On Dec 31, we hit the 700 paying users mark. I have been raising money and we now have 3 full time people (including myself) and two paid contractors, as well as the volunteers that make running a small MMORPG like SS possible.

The current ETA for client2 is March. Hopefully we will see it by then. There are a number of exciting things that I hope we will add to the game in 2008 besides the new client.

For now, I will leave you with our chart of paying users to show this really nice growth that we have been seeing lately.

Thank you SO much for finally giving us a real update on status. And for that, I shall renew my account with client2 seeming to be in the near future. Job well done.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:38 pm
Profile WWW

its your graphics card, I get that msg on some public computers I try and use for SS (at some libraries and such)

My graphics card can play SS just fine (in Windows). It's because VMware doesn't support DirectX. At least my version of it doesn't.

-- Blizzara

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:46 pm
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

When will people learn that linux was not made for gaming :( would be cool if SS ran well on linux, but doubtful it would.

@Jeff: Like the way you presented the facts and gave us an update on how things are going, much more business-like and professional looking. Also, good job, SS is growing thanks to your hard effort as well as your support from the other admins that have to put up with us whenever they log on and get spammed with pm's.

Ha!

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:51 pm
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

When will people learn that linux was not made for gaming :( would be cool if SS ran well on linux, but doubtful it would.

@Jeff: Like the way you presented the facts and gave us an update on how things are going, much more business-like and professional looking. Also, good job, SS is growing thanks to your hard effort as well as your support from the other admins that have to put up with us whenever they log on and get spammed with pm's.

When will people learn that 10-20+ years of opensource programming and tweaking can make just about anything cool.

Besides, games are as old as prehistoric people.

Everyone everywhere played a game somewhere somehow, its just the way it is and the way its going to be indefinately.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:01 pm
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

Was merely stating that due to the fact that many drivers graphics and misc alike are missing due to the hardware manufacturers unwillingness to give out open-source drivers for linux. In no way was I trying to say bad on the name of linux (in fact I have a linux box I use as a server running at my house at this very moment), I was just pointing out the sad truth about linux not being a gaming os. On the other hand, if you could make SS run well on linux, that'd be ubang :D . Either way, congrats on the stuffs Jeff and admin team (known and unknown to us O.O)

Ha!

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:37 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next