Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Good job, nice to see positive growth, what I don't understand - and I am not really expecting a reply here - is how you can have 3 FTEs and 2 contractors when your total income can only be around $7000 a month?

Jeff I hope you are not running a commune?

Ayn would be very dissapointed :wink:

At this point, it's a combination of taking low salaries for hopes of more money in the future and burning through capital.

Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Press Corps
Team: Aidelon
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 4233

Great job Jeff, I'm hoping to renew for C2 any time. =3

Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:36 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Don Juan
Level: 1966

That huge jump between Oct 07 and Jan 08 is because you guys sent out an email about updates. I had no desire to return but the email sparked curiosity. I know others are here for the same reason.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:30 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

That huge jump between Oct 07 and Jan 08 is because you guys sent out an email about updates. I had no desire to return but the email sparked curiosity. I know others are here for the same reason.

The bulk email I sent out was in late November, I believe -- a little before the midpoint of the steepest part of that graph. It did bring a lot of people back, and I'm very happy for that, but we are also getting record numbers of new players signing up, not just older players returning. We had 97 new people become p2p in December who had never paid before.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:50 am
Profile WWW
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Phoenix Rising(CA)
Level: 2028

yea well they wont last unless support for problems arent stepped up to have Player relation manager to tell a person that u guys can really give a rats ass about a serious sitation doesnt help alot

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:57 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Don Juan
Level: 1966

The bulk email I sent out was in late November, I believe -- a little before the midpoint of the steepest part of that graph. It did bring a lot of people back, and I'm very happy for that, but we are also getting record numbers of new players signing up, not just older players returning. We had 97 new people become p2p in December who had never paid before

That's good. The game and the playerbase has really improved.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:10 am
Team: Traders
Main: Urqa Ki Aka Kusa
Level: 5113

Holycannoli wrote:

The bulk email I sent out was in late November, I believe -- a little before the midpoint of the steepest part of that graph. It did bring a lot of people back, and I'm very happy for that, but we are also getting record numbers of new players signing up, not just older players returning. We had 97 new people become p2p in December who had never paid before.

You really had 96 new people, as i paid for one persons account.

Still, JeffL, Player Relations needs to be solved.

Voom is fine atm, but he cant be on all the time.

You NEED a second or third Player Relations Admin, Voom cant take care of everything.

I recently PMed him about losing my 2 slaves, and i still have not gotten a reply, after almost 2 weeks.

THAT, is bad for business. Not that i would leave, i got frustrated because i paid for 4 Months of gametime, so all i did was walk away from it for 2weeks.

Things like that, are a big turnoff.

Things like no EarthForce line of Fighters/FighterBays, Paxian Fighters or even a different type.

WHY cant fighters be deployed in more numbers.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:15 am
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

The problem is that I cant always deal with a situation directly when I read the PM so what happens is that I forget about it.
I also cant just blindly replace lost slaves, I usually try to check logs to see if I can find any information about them but often I see nothing. Without any proof Im taking a risk by replacing anything.

A full time player relations manager would be awesome and Im sure we will get there sometime. Until then I will do the best I can with my limited time. If I havent replied to a PM within a few days I suggest sending me a reminder. I dont ignore people on purpose.

Quote:
yea well they wont last unless support for problems arent stepped up to have Player relation manager to tell a person that u guys can really give a rats ass about a serious sitation doesnt help alot

I have never said anything like that. I know you are talking about the whole Dragontvb situation. That problem was caused by the owner himself since he gave out his password, there is no proof of anyone stealing it or doing anything they are not allowed to. I have still taken time to deal with the situation and I will be giving the account to the person who has paid for the subscription, which means the problem will be solved. If people would just do as we say and not give out their password then things like this wouldnt happen.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:00 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6537

part of that stems from people getting frustrated with your "you dont have to use it its free!" remark.it sounds very callus and uncaring in someone who is supposed to take care of PR. jackhammers cost stuff. drops cost stuff. both in GG and time. and drop rates arnt alwase favorable twards any one person. you can understand the feeling when someone who doesnt even play anymore remarks that any time or effort is worthless on the game. your air is free...if some big fat dude trys to choke you to death an you call the cops..they arnt going to say that the air is free so they dont give a hoot.

you havnt played in so long. everything costs somthing no matter how small or insignificant. and it can and does get significant with end game gear. our time spent paying is worth somthin or admins wouldnt ask for a monthly fee to play. if you dont understand this i dunno if you should comment on such situations or developments that involve people who play or understand this.

jus thought id sorta expand on the original comment. feel free to argue but i dont think theres any point to it. you said what you said. multiple times.

Fri Jan 04, 2008 5:07 pm
Main: FullOfChaos
Level: 4253

I'm rejoining and I been paying since around October '05 so I see this game growing incredibly fast in a little amount of time. GJ jeff and the rest of the Dev team.[/code]

Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:40 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: death comes with kill
Level: 13652

the chart only goes back to 2005, but what about 2004 and 2003?!

Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:40 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

There was no recorded data before that. We didn't start charging much before that, though, anyway.

Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

how often can we get an update of that chart? its a neat piece of info.
hmm, *makes page for playerbase chart on wiki*

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:30 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:08 pm
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next