Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

If a base was destroyed by AI, for example, could you then radiate the destroyed base to move it to an abandoned state?

I don't think so, I may accelerate or remove the timer for a destroyed base to become abandoned if it doesn't have any workers and/or rations. It shouldn't be a problem until the new universe anyways.

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:58 am
Team: Eminence Back
Main: Pure Evil
Level: 5292

will their be such a thing as GG for bases? if they can do this

Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:20 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Well, apart from mild greifing, that would make PvB almost 100% pointless. BTW, Christmas is over.

Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:07 pm
Dev Team

A note on Demolition and Repair kits, since it may not be obvious.

In order to repair a base, your team must own the galaxy that your base is in. This is to prevent you from repairing your bases indefinitely, taking up base slots in the galaxy and preventing a hostile takeover.

In order to demolish a base, the base must be either abandoned or destroyed. You do not need to take control of an abandoned base to demolish it.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:20 pm
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

A note on Demolition and Repair kits, since it may not be obvious.

In order to repair a base, your team must own the galaxy that your base is in. This is to prevent you from repairing your bases indefinitely, taking up base slots in the galaxy and preventing a hostile takeover.

In order to demolish a base, the base must be either abandoned or destroyed. You do not need to take control of an abandoned base to demolish it.

Um, ok, one problem. Say someone puts a base near a prom sun, as a prom mine, in a galaxy with no planets. Or a slave defender base in a similar galaxy. If these get pwnt, it will be impossible to fix them.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:42 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Nurokourri
Level: 5049

Say someone puts a base near a prom sun, as a prom mine, in a galaxy with no planets. Or a slave defender base in a similar galaxy. If these get pwnt, it will be impossible to fix them.

So I guess they had better defend them if they don't want to have to pay for those augs again.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:46 pm
Dev Team

Um, ok, one problem. Say someone puts a base near a prom sun, as a prom mine, in a galaxy with no planets. Or a slave defender base in a similar galaxy. If these get pwnt, it will be impossible to fix them.

You can still take the items off your destroyed base, meaning you can place a new kit and transfer everything over manually - and if they are right next to each other, this should be a relatively painless process (compared to replacing every single item on your base if it had just popped). You will lose any blueprints and sticky items you may have had equipped, but that is all.

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:49 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: goldstar-stations
Level: 6543

yugioh124 wrote:

You can still take the items off your destroyed base, meaning you can place a new kit and transfer everything over manually - and if they are right next to each other, this should be a relatively painless process (compared to replacing every single item on your base if it had just popped). You will lose any blueprints and sticky items you may have had equipped, but that is all.

all in all its a far less stressfull system and it allows most items to be saved. it works more twards pvp/pvb because people wont hesitate so much to go to war. what can they loose now? not a lot. couple GG maybe have to repair a base... its not a perfect system but it helps stop whining when some legitimate fighting happens and bases die.

how will the demo kits work exactly? is it an item you use over the base to kill it off?

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:02 pm
Dev Team

how will the demo kits work exactly? is it an item you use over the base to kill it off?

You have to dock at the base, and then use the item.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:15 pm
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

what are the requirements for taking over a base

eg. an abandoned one, the galaxy is unowned/owned by someone else i have/don't have the tech for the base radar.

give me a quick answer about what would happen in these scenarios?

Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:14 pm
Dev Team

If the base is abandoned, you need sufficient base slots and workers/rations on either your ship or the base to take it over.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:24 pm
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

If the base is abandoned, you need sufficient base slots and workers/rations on either your ship or the base to take it over.

but do i need the tech for all items on the base?

Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:56 pm