Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Nukeacow wrote:
I personally think that this is a lot of content, while all the other skills got, besides new ones, nothing except a change in the way they work.

Cool Guy wrote:
This is the first in a series of posts targeted at announcing new features for all the classes as well as getting feedback on them. I have just wrapped up the bulk of the Seer Class Content, so this first post will deal directly with Seer.

People should have to check a box saying they read the entire thread before they can post.

doesnt make much difference if u have to tick a box does it?

"box ticked"
stupid post made....

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:37 pm
Main: Tengu
Level: 866

25866 wrote:
Nukeacow wrote:
I personally think that this is a lot of content, while all the other skills got, besides new ones, nothing except a change in the way they work.

Cool Guy wrote:
This is the first in a series of posts targeted at announcing new features for all the classes as well as getting feedback on them. I have just wrapped up the bulk of the Seer Class Content, so this first post will deal directly with Seer.

People should have to check a box saying they read the entire thread before they can post.

doesnt make much difference if u have to tick a box does it?

"box ticked"
stupid post made....

Compared to this post?

Some one with a post near this wrote:
Give seer a damage boost against ships with 50 or lower vis.

Give all ships in the same gal as a seer + 10 vis per seer level.

Give seer only +65 visibility when firing a weapon rather than 10000, and increase the time to 5 seconds for seer.

I said that so I would have a legitimate reason to call them a tard. But this is off topic.

This seer stuff looks great. Will it be on test for a while and soon?

Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:49 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: ashta the 2nd
Level: 3810

my alts a seer and i can only afford a reaver for him atm, my main problem really is stealth as i have around 10 vis w/o a cloak and with cloak shud go down to around one but still most ai see me from like 300 distance away :s, i dont have it maxed, all sec skills are at 10 primary at 18, but i dont think this will make too much difference, what im hinting at really is a kind of urqa suqqa vazuk for seer only with low vis 4 aug slot, not too great speed or hull but that shud be easier to convert to stealth without having to buy a DS/panther/BSS etc

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:41 pm
Main: phil
Level: 7669

Extra critical hit damage is ok, but I don't crit hit very often and with seer I only have an increased chance to crit hit if I'm unseen, and when fighting I'm usually seen

Get a slower firing weapon and a cloak.

Quote:
Extra damage when striking from behind is ok, but how often do I get to strike from behind? Not often. I usually kite enemies if they're not really slow which means I'm striking from the front. That's what light fighters seem best at doing.

Read what I said above.

Quote:
Give seer a damage boost against ships with 50 or lower vis.

Give all ships in the same gal as a seer + 10 vis per seer level.

Give seer only +65 visibility when firing a weapon rather than 10000, and increase the time to 5 seconds for seer.

No.

Please, can people who do not know how the class even works stop posting? The stats seer has been given are fine as-is. Besides some elec problems I am fine with the class.

The changes are pretty good, but I have a suggestion about the warper:
Make the warper have a higher cooldown the further distance it jumps, maybe (300 distance/30 sec cooldown)-(1500 distance/3min cooldown)
Or something like, for every 100 distance 10 seconds cooldown. Wich would make 1500 distance a 1.5 min cooldown, maybe increase the amount of cooldown time added per distance over a certain jump distance.

If the warper is going to have a max range of 1500 distance and ALWAYS have a 5 min cooldown, no matter the range you use it at, it would be pretty poor in my opinion.

If the cooldown on the warper is unarguable, could it maybe give a +stealth and/or +damage tweak for a little bit when you use it? With it being a 5 min cooldown it would stay still pretty balanced.

This is kind of off-topic, but relevant:
I would like to add that if one warping type of item is used, ALL WARPING TYPE ITEMS on the ship should have their cooldown used. I know of several people who have more than one PWI and are able to use them in quick succession, and this is the kind of overpoweredness (that IS a word, I swear) that should be stopped. Also, people can buy/make the lower tech warpers and use them in quick succession, or when they need them, to make the same effect as a more expensive warper. Like some people use multiple gallows robbers/witches broomsticks/warpping paper to get an enhanced effect out of the lower grade warpers.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:28 pm
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

If the cooldown on the warper is unarguable, could it maybe give a +stealth and/or +damage tweak for a little bit when you use it? With it being a 5 min cooldown it would stay still pretty balanced.

Possibly add a small tweak that stops opponent from turning for 1 sec or something?

since someone said they find it very hard to hit from behind this would help a tiny bit...

Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:02 am
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3134

Great stuff man, but what seer needs is some seer only ships. Maybe a cap ship like the interdiction frigate for SDs. Just something to start in. Then their needs to be a t20 like the Ukuk or something. But allot of people who are switching already have t20s, so probably the low lvl stealthy cap ship at the training base like SD would be enough to encourage people to switch to seer. But then again low lvls cant get engines 10 because its in w3 =P

Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:40 am